buellwinkle

New Dahua NVR - 5MP, 240fps of 1080P and 8 PoE ports

...I bought the swann because it was one of those...need it now keep wife happy things. now that its up and running....now i can go back and play!

I gotta hand it to you Z: you take the bullets with a grain of salt. This is actually quite laudable.

If I had time to research something else before i bought it....id still be deciding...ive waffled for for years.

so back to the issue at hand. is this thing limited to 32kbps?

Yep, doesn't seem like anybody can answer the tech questions on the 52xx. At any rate, if it's a dual core I think it's a waste of money to pay more for it versus purschasing the 32XX. I just didn't want to see others get suckered into paying more for a 52XX and not get any performance improvements.

spec wise there the same...... its not that no one want to answer the dahua are plug and play and cost reflex that but its still a NVR that controls the cameras so its limited.

There was a reason that in the 90s the company Alpha had the some of the fastest computers in the biz for unix and linux implementations especially for PBX type appications. And thats because of early early renditions of x64 technologies which all ties back to risc vs cisc processing from way back when.

Your comment caught my eye! Unless your talking about something else, "Alpha" wasn't a company. In the 90's "Alpha" was the name of the 64 bit risc processor developed by Digital Equipment Corporation for running their version of Unix. A VERY fast processor (for the time) that was pushing the envelope in 64 bit and risc architectures. Anyway, I worked on that project and that's why your comment brought back fond memories.

Yes I was referring to the Dec alpha. I seem to recall boxes with the alpha name on them, in some form. I vaguely recall the Dec branding. My memory isn't what it used to be. But yes my point was the alpha processor was an amazing piece of work.

Yes I was referring to the Dec alpha. I seem to recall boxes with the alpha name on them, in some form. I vaguely recall the Dec branding. My memory isn't what it used to be. But yes my point was the alpha processor was an amazing piece of work.

Yup, the DEC Alpha processor was amazing and way ahead of it's time. But DEC didn't capitalize on it adequately and the company ended up having hard times. So, the second largest computer company in the world ended up being bought by Compaq (a PC company)! Compaq in turn was bought by HP. It was an amazing journey through all that but it ended up with massive layoffs with myself included. The rate of change of technology over the last couple decades is truly mind boggling.

Yup, the DEC Alpha processor was amazing and way ahead of it's time. But DEC didn't capitalize on it adequately and the company ended up having hard times. So, the second largest computer company in the world ended up being bought by Compaq (a PC company)! Compaq in turn was bought by HP. It was an amazing journey through all that but it ended up with massive layoffs with myself included. The rate of change of technology over the last couple decades is truly mind boggling.

Compaq was an intel slut at the time. If I recall correctly they bought dec to essentially shelve the product, and pick up on patents and move customers from their vms...to their "far superior cough inferior cough" itanium....the sad part is compaq was already in the half way in the red at this time they only had a handfull of boxes under the compaq name that used alpha processors.

DEC also got too big...they started getting into the mind set "we are your technology partner" alot of companies did that back then. Micron, Nokia (yes the phone company), nortel, All these companies stated literally making everything.

Compaq was an intel slut at the time. If I recall correctly they bought dec to essentially shelve the product, and pick up on patents and move customers from their vms...to their "far superior cough inferior cough" itanium....the sad part is compaq was already in the half way in the red at this time they only had a handfull of boxes under the compaq name that used alpha processors.

DEC also got too big...they started getting into the mind set "we are your technology partner" alot of companies did that back then. Micron, Nokia (yes the phone company), nortel, All these companies stated literally making everything.

Compaq also wanted to broaden their appeal to the corporate IT world (i.e. to take on IBM). They saw DEC floundering with indecision so they moved in. DEC with Alpha could of become the next IBM. Instead, Alpha technology and patents ended up being sold to Intel who folded it into their future generation CPU's. So I guess we are all benefiting from it even today.

Yep, doesn't seem like anybody can answer the tech questions on the 52xx. At any rate, if it's a dual core I think it's a waste of money to pay more for it versus purschasing the 32XX. I just didn't want to see others get suckered into paying more for a 52XX and not get any performance improvements.

On a quick notice: dual-core can be at 700mhz/core or at 4GHZ/core and, also, embedded systems can have dedicated CPUs/extensions.

Even an i386/i686 arch can be dualcore at 1.2 or at 3.6... would you put an equal sign between them?

Was just making a point...

Does anyone know what the max bit rate for the 16 channel is? The 3216 is 32mb which is only 2kbps bit rate per channel,

meanwhile the cameras can send 8100kpbs if the nvr is capable of it.

Dexterash, your statements are accurate and I am assuming the 32xxx and 52xxx have the same dual core processor. I can not validate this because I do not have a 52XX and I should not have made that statement without confirming this. If anyone can confirm the processor speed in the 52xx, we will know for sure if it is better to buy the 52XX instead of the 32XX. Thanks for pointing this out and it's a valid point.

Was everyone going to keep the DSD website "secret" (see p.1)? Thanks Kawboy for saving the day and not being a DxCK. We've talked before about takers. I don't think it is a crime to help other people on this forum. At least not yet.

I'm ordering one to try it out. It's not much more than the 3216, but us sellers are selling them for much more. The 3216 does 120fps at 1080p and 5216 does 240fps at 1080p. I'm hoping the big rate gets raised as well. The HD cameras stop looking HD if you bring the but rate all the way down.

I'm ordering one to try it out. It's not much more than the 3216, but us sellers are selling them for much more. The 3216 does 120fps at 1080p and 5216 does 240fps at 1080p. I'm hoping the big rate gets raised as well. The HD cameras stop looking HD if you bring the but rate all the way down.

Where are you ordering from? This nvr sure is tough to find!

I'm just waiting for the confirmation that they are in stock. I'm ordering overseas but not from DSD. I will PM you if they have them.

My local guy had the 5232, but sold out. His price is much higher than the one I'm getting overseas though. I don't know the hours they work over there, but it takes for ever for them to email me back. I know they are reputable cause I've ordered from them before, so lets see what happens.

I jumped the gun and bought the Dahua NVR-3216 before doing my homework. I think building a system is the best route if your technical. I may start investigating using a Dell PowerEdge server with two quad core CPU's. The IP cameras are CPU bound and this would imply 8 processors. You can pick up a 2900 or 2950 on Ebay for 250 and up. I still need to research it more thoroughly and look at power consumption and disk storage but it definately has the CPU power for what I want to do. I'd like to run 12 cams full quality recording at 720p for the fw2100 cams. Eventually I'll build something but time is the issue with the job and kids.

The poweredge server price looks attractive. But you may want to double check on it.

1 Be aware a 2.4G Hz cpu today performs faster than an 2.4 GHz built 2 years ago. Modern CPU is more power efficient and run faster even at lower clock. Check out Tomshardware for CPU performance chart.

2 rackmount server usually are not designed for graphics. if you only need to record to hard drive this is ok. But if you also need to monitor the video, make sure you can add a display card.

3 I looked at the spec, it is DDR2 memory, not DDR3.

32 mbps isn't a lot for modern Intel processors. For 12 720p cameras, you can easily do it with Netcamcenter professional on an ivybridge i5.

www.webcamsoft.com/en/netcamctr.html

The software is several times faster than other software we tried. With dual monitors, you probably don't even need a dedicate NVR.

I just got an email that they have 2 5216's and 1 5232 left. I'm ordering all 3 nvr's and already have homes for them. Once I receive them, I'll set one up asap and try to demo it.

I just got 3 Dahua HFW3300C and 2 HFW3300 cameras shipped from overseas.

I am going to install them next week. Has anyone experience with them?

I just looked at the NCR Software recommended here.

http://www.webcamsoft.com/en/netcamctr.html

Can it be used for my cams? It looks better than the one coming with my hardware.

I can´t wait to see the results.

What's the actual recording resolution of that software? It's named HD and uses a VGA resolution?! Or did I miss something?

You mean the one that came with the cameras?

I haven´t installed it yet. Wanted to know if the other software would be better than the original one that comes with Dahua.

I will try tomorrow