buellwinkle

New Dahua NVR - 5MP, 240fps of 1080P and 8 PoE ports

Has anyone ordered any of these units & has one in production?

The price is not bad. I recently ordered a HikVision NVR unit thinking Dahua would take a while to start selling their new NVRs. They have had some cameras on their website for some time but are still not available for sale here in the US.

Anyway, does anyone know the current bandwidth limit of these new NVRs? The older NVR32XX choked at a maximum of 32Mbps, which I would see literally when I had 2 Axis P3364-LVE cameras connected. I suspect that these new NVRs have a bandwidth limit of 64Mbps. This would probably explain the four 5Mbps camera limit that Tom was alluding to.

Does this 5Mbps camera 'limitation' make this NVR series a bad purchase, I would say no. At its price point this is an excellent NVR. Each NVR has a niche that it is suited for. For those folks needing more than four 5Mbps cameras you are definately looking at the wrong NVR. You should at a minimum look at the HikVision DS-9632NI-ST or stick with the Dahua NVR60XX series. Note the 60XX NVR does support 8Mbps cameras, if 5Mbps is still not enough.

ok wow that's an expensive camera...what makes it so much money

Thank you lord O mighty for pointing out all the negatives of this cheapo garbage crap NVR system. Thank you so much for all your wisdom

were do you read this stuff ...........were did I say it was cheapo garbage crap ??????? I think I typed we sell it.

I was giving the limitations of NVR. which I don't understand why you think its a problem.

Were you in the market for a 5mp NVR but decided to go with the swan kit? Weird.....

so you don't understand ????

if he runs the 4 way dahua with a 5mp camera then he cant have 4 cameras

were do you read this stuff ...........were did I say it was cheapo garbage crap ??????? I think I typed we sell it.

I think you mean Where, not were. It just seemed like every post you make shows the negative limitations. Maybe it's the way

I read your posts, nothing ever positive, always negative, and the way you say it, as if it's garbage. Other topics you always

bad mouth Dahua and it's so obvious that you either dislike it or love pointing out the cons. What does it matter if you sell it or not. You sell it cause it makes you money, you don't have to like it or think that it's good. If you were simply handing out

advise, than why is it you never say that it's a good deal for the price but it is just unable to do...........

so you don't understand ????

if he runs the 4 way dahua with a 5mp camera then he cant have 4 cameras

As usual, your misinterpreting what I am saying. What I was trying to say is, that I thought it was weird that if he was in the market for an NVR that can record a 5mp camera, how did he end up with a Swann? That's almost like saying I was shopping

for a Mercedes but decided to go for a toyota corolla cause it suits my needs better. Why did you look at the Mercedes if a Toyota Corolla suits your needs? To me, thats weird.

Has anyone ordered any of these units & has one in production?

The price is not bad. I recently ordered a HikVision NVR unit thinking Dahua would take a while to start selling their new NVRs. They have had some cameras on their website for some time but are still not available for sale here in the US.

Anyway, does anyone know the current bandwidth limit of these new NVRs? The older NVR32XX choked at a maximum of 32Mbps, which I would see literally when I had 2 Axis P3364-LVE cameras connected. I suspect that these new NVRs have a bandwidth limit of 64Mbps. This would probably explain the four 5Mbps camera limit that Tom was alluding to.

Does this 5Mbps camera 'limitation' make this NVR series a bad purchase, I would say no. At its price point this is an excellent NVR. Each NVR has a niche that it is suited for. For those folks needing more than four 5Mbps cameras you are definately looking at the wrong NVR. You should at a minimum look at the HikVision DS-9632NI-ST or stick with the Dahua NVR60XX series. Note the 60XX NVR does support 8Mbps cameras, if 5Mbps is still not enough.

Funny you mention that. Yesterday I was installing 16 1.3 mini domes onto a 3216 NVR and after the 6th or 7th one, I had to lower the bandwidth cause I was getting an error mssg and it was kicking the camera out of the system. I was only able to install 8 of the cameras so right now I'm at 4096kbps and the image still looks sharp. The NVR is a local system, not connected

to the internet so I didn't even think the bandwidth would even matter. I guess I learned something new. For the little extra money, I do wonder if this new NVR could handle higher bandwidth. I would even pay the extra for it even if I wasn't connecting

a 5mp camera to it.

Love it

you have a go at me for posting limitations about this tread

Funny you mention that. Yesterday I was installing 16 1.3 mini domes onto a 3216 NVR and after the 6th or 7th one, I had to lower the bandwidth cause I was getting an error mssg and it was kicking the camera out of the system.

the fix for that is dahua FTP site and download firmware from February ....... then you will have 16 x 1.3 at 10 fps across all 16 and it will allow 5mp but then you can only run 1x 5mp and 11 x 1.3 giving a total of 12 cameras

As I said, but you didn't seem to either read my entire reply, or you just are too stubborn to actually understand. It's

the way you constantly point out the negatives rather than point out both the pros and cons. I only had a go with you

once you started with your Listen Victor comment. How short is your temper if your going to let a little picture of a tshirt

showing mr.negative actually bother you? Have you taken your meds today or is your next reply going to be something crazy

again?

As far as the fix for my nvr, I was concerned about kpbs, not fps.

Have you taken your meds

see personal again. everytime you post something

what the hell is up with you.

As far as the fix for my nvr, I was concerned about kpbs, not fps

the new firmware give extra codex so allowing for better kpds (local) old firmware is 6 fps with 16 way full loaded new firmware gives 10fps fully loaded

the fix for that is dahua FTP site and download firmware

Interesting. Do you have a general link that posts all NVR firmware updates? That would be very handy indeed.

As usual, your misinterpreting what I am saying. What I was trying to say is, that I thought it was weird that if he was in the market for an NVR that can record a 5mp camera, how did he end up with a Swann? That's almost like saying I was shopping

for a Mercedes but decided to go for a toyota corolla cause it suits my needs better. Why did you look at the Mercedes if a Toyota Corolla suits your needs? To me, thats weird.

For the record I wasn't in the market for a 5MP nvr...I just went to their website and saw it was coming soon. All I wanted was ip cameras 720P or better. Quickest satisfaction, at a reasonable cost. For me that happened to be the swann system. If I ever redo this thing. I might consider the dahua, because it fits my needs for what I want to do.

For the record I wasn't in the market for a 5MP nvr...I just went to their website and saw it was coming soon. All I wanted was ip cameras 720P or better. Quickest satisfaction, at a reasonable cost. For me that happened to be the swann system. If I ever redo this thing. I might consider the dahua, because it fits my needs for what I want to do.

It almost seems like you think this is the only dahua nvr, is that true? You thanked Tom for the info on this NVR and than you said that you won't be buying it because you picked up the Swann. If all you wanted 720p or better, did you look at the dahua nvr's that do not record 5mp's? I'm not trying to start anything with you, just trying to understand.

It almost seems like you think this is the only dahua nvr, is that true? You thanked Tom for the info on this NVR and than you said that you won't be buying it because you picked up the Swann. If all you wanted 720p or better, did you look at the dahua nvr's that do not record 5mp's? I'm not trying to start anything with you, just trying to understand.

No I know they make other items. When I went to their website I noticed the 3208 3216 and other nvrs...I saw the 52xx series was (new) but no one was selling it yet. I figured if I was thinking about going the dahua route I might as well go with their newer product, as it had 8 poe ports vs 4 wouldn't have had to buy another switch. And yes in the end I did pick the swann...It came down to, support, it does what I need and it was cheaper over all. I know there are better products out there and I know the swann has its limitations.

That's not saying dahua makes bad products...I just found a product that was able to fill my needs. Sure I could have built my own box that slapped the dahua or swann around, but over all I want to take a page from the book of ronco...and set it and forget it.

I liked toms input because its good to know that if I ever buy another one, I wouldn't want to buy 8 5mp cameras (which will probably be in my price range when its time to replace this one) and be disappointed.

If it makes more sense...Champaign taste on a free beer budget.

I understand what ur saying. The swan/Costco kits are great deals for the money. I just didn't understand how toms info was helpful since you had purchased the swann kit. I would guess though by the time your ready to upgrade, there will be more options out there for your needs and budget. But if you keep drinking free beer, you'll probably save up enough money sooner than you think! Lol

I understand what ur saying. The swan/Costco kits are great deals for the money. I just didn't understand how toms info was helpful since you had purchased the swann kit. I would guess though by the time your ready to upgrade, there will be more options out there for your needs and budget. But if you keep drinking free beer, you'll probably save up enough money sooner than you think! Lol

In the 2/3 years I think this will last me that 5mp nvr will be the "standard" and Im always trying to drink free beer.

All in all it really came down to...I had to make a decision on a system really fast....I had been waffling for years. After the second breakin to the cars...it was pretty much. What is the best system for my money that I can have right now and have up in 2 days....and the wife is happy so...that's worth it right?

It appears the NVR-52XX series still has an embedded dual core processor just like the NVR-32XX. When I telnet into my NVR-32XX and view the load average it's 55% running 7 cameras at 720p. I don't see how the NVR-52XX can process any more FPS with the same dual CPU efficiently? I would not waste my money on this NVR until they upgrade the processor to quad core. They are simply changing the software with the same hardware specs. Am I missing something?

What you say makes sense. I ordered a full D1 dahua dvr on e from my local distributor and when I set it up at home, I noticed the extra stream was only going to qcif. I brought it back and he told me he was going to bring it in the back and upgrade the firmware cause it had the old firmware. How can upgrading the firmware let the dvr stream in higher resolution? If that's the case, why are they charging more money for a full D1 over a non D1? Just upgrade the firmware and there you have it! Same dvr, same processor, same mother board, same hdd, everything but the firmware? And this new NVR that records 5mp, looks exactly like the 3216! I wonder can they just upgrade the firmware on my 3216 to get a 5mp camera to work?

They could update the firmware to allow this but I do not feel the dual core cpu can handle the FPS they are promoting. Until they update the CPU to quad core, I see no value in purchasing a new NVR. Login to the NVR and look at your load and I/O.

They could update the firmware to allow this but I do not feel the dual core cpu can handle the FPS they are promoting. Until they update the CPU to quad core, I see no value in purchasing a new NVR. Login to the NVR and look at your load and I/O.

Hi. th111447. your right in every aspect. and a dual core is out but its not a budget unit like the existing units out now.

when we sell to a DIYer we explain if all they want is a good plug play leave and run then the dahua / Costco /q-see / qvis is ideal.

but there are also DIYers who like to understand and build as they learn and upgrade cameras as they go. but you cant do this with the current systems.

dahua also have a full new range of cameras 3 and 5mp with auto focus vf lens which will run on existing NVRs but cameras have to be removed to allow hardware to cope. so as well as camera upgrade NVR needs to be as well.

this is the problem with having a NVR controlled by cameras rather than a NVR that is not

so if ii under stand properly this new nvr is no different hardware wise (other than it has 8 poe ports) than their 32xx line. And its all software?

I still think for the money it's not bad and we all need to stop comparing dahua to more expensive manufacturers. It's definitely not wrong to let everyone know its downfalls but I think they know exactly what their doing and probably making a ton of money at it. I'm just curious, how much would another 8 channel NVR cost that can record 8 5mp's cameras at full fps?

I still think for the money it's not bad and we all need to stop comparing dahua to more expensive manufacturers. It's definitely not wrong to let everyone know its downfalls but I think they know exactly what their doing and probably making a ton of money at it. I'm just curious, how much would another 8 channel NVR cost that can record 8 5mp's cameras at full fps?

It sounds like it cant though...if I read properly. Im new so I dont know.

there is no dahua that can record 8 x 5mp but you have 3 logic geovision aver

there is no dahua that can record 8 x 5mp but you have 3 logic geovision aver

According to the one of the other post if i understood correctly this nvr is the same as the 32xx series with different firmare?

If thats the case...how can it go from 120fps to 230 fps