cctv_down_under

Rotate a view by 90 degrees

Actually that is the whole problem, the camera has been rotated on it's side to look along a fence, becuase most cams are (guessing) 6:4 it actually is more effective like this and before anyone suggests a Pillow or turning a monitor on it's side!!! I need a device that can rotate the signal so I do not need to lay a monitor on it's side, I also need it urgently

He means he needs something to turn the image only 90 degrees, not all the way flipped

How do you do that with a video signal?

That is what he wants to know, me too.

Why not just install the camera the way it was designed and choose the proper lenese. I do not think I have seen anything that does what you are asking about.

Charles R Irvine

Because independant of the lens type. (mind you that was my suggestion) the image is still 6;4 ration therefore the extra height, that was width, is excellent oin narrow fence lines... I know your going to say a wider angle will help, but then you lose detail, quite simply....if you zoom in to get a facial shot, you have more width than height, turning this on its side will allow more hieght than width...I wouldn't do it this way but customer wants it and has already modified the bracket, i dont want to turn a monitor on its side, because ventilation is on the side and also the CRT gun is usually on embedded springs, i do not want to throw it our by haiving it hang not where it was supposed to effecting my scanning

Just tell your customer to lay down on the ground on his side and watch the video, then bill him a few hours labor for it.

Scottj

Just tell your customer to lay down on the ground on his side and watch the video, then bill him a few hours labor for it.

Scottj

seriously though ill do a search if i can find the time .. but what about looking at the software side .. the DVR .. what are you using there ..?

I have worked with monitors a lot of years and I have never heard of this ability.

Flipping the image upside down, no problem, but what you’re trying to accomplish, never seen it done.

There has got to be a better solution to this problem.

But I did like Scotts idea.

If you find out how to do it, let us know so we all have the option of mounting cameras sideways.

Maybe you need to convince your customer out of that camera setup, unless you sold him on the idea.

If you did then you might want to make some type of arrangement with him and mount a camera the right direction.

Otherwise if what you are saying is accurate about it being the best quality mounted that way, then he has to turn his head sideways if he wants the best quality.

I have done something similar in the past, but we had to use an analogue screen splitter to display two cameras. I think from memory it was a JVC unit, but unfortunately they've not been in production for quite some time now.

The only product I could think of that might do what you want is a British built Quad with horizontal and vertical split options built in.

I've not used it personally, but it may be worth a look:-

http://www.videoswitch.co.uk/VQ.htm

Pelco has a 2 camera screen splitter also .. not sure what it does but its only monochrome anyway ... may work though ..

You may need to switch to a computer monitor, if possible, and yes I know image issues, but there are LCD models that you can rotate the plane of the monitor itself from horizontal to verticle.

Well based on the fact you are using a CRT monitor. I am going to assume you are using a PC based solution. If so then what type of video card are you using? If this happens to be the case Nvidia's software has the ability to flip the entire picture 90 deg. in any direction. It is called NVrotateand has been part of Nvidia's drivers for years. I suspect other video cards have simliar features.

I realize this is not the question you asked but hope that it might help.

Side note - One thing to keep in mind is that it flips ALL the software on the PC so unless you are viewing w/ the recording software in fullscreen...

It is just a simple click of the mouse to change it back and forth however.

Also, the lcd idea is a very viable option as well. lots of them nowdays even have TV level inputs (coax,RCA)

edit - just saw the date on the post...tad late. Sorry but I just found this great forum yesterday. Guess that does not say much for my Googling skills..and on that note. I actually found this forum through a link in another forum, not by searching. Go figure.