perhaps some other VMS is a better option for your particular requirements.

That's what I'm thinking, too.

Correct me if I am wrong but Milestone requires your information to activate there licenses. But your OK with that?

Hell Milestone used to require the MAC addresses for all of your devices

FYI Avigilon asks if you want to give them your info so you can be contacted for updates but you don't have to.

Edited by Guest

I love how everyone tries to make Avigilon into this monster

I think you are the one painting that picture. What's the big deal about openly saying how much it costs? Sheesh.

I love how everyone tries to make Avigilon into this monster

I think you are the one painting that picture. What's the big deal about openly saying how much it costs? Sheesh.

The price list is confidential just like many other high end security manufactures.

Correct me if I am wrong but Milestone requires your information to activate there licenses. But your OK with that?

For license activation, my number is (999) 555-1212. Call me any time. But if you ask me in an email what my phone number is, I will ask you why you need it.

For license activation, my number is (999) 555-1212. Call me any time. But if you ask me in an email what my phone number is, I will ask you why you need it.

Simple so they can have a dealer call you to give you information and get you pricing nothing less and nothing more.

Still blows my mind that your OK with Milestone requiring your information to active the licenses but not Ok with Avigilon asking for your number to so dealer can call you for pricing.

The price list is confidential just like many other high end security manufactures.

I just wanna try the product, for cryin' out loud, not break into Fort Knox. But before I try, I need to know how much it's gonna cost me if I decide to buy it, and if I want to get a public opinion about whether it's worth it or not, aren't we allowed to do that as well? What's the big deal? Gimme a price, dang it! Let's not pu$$y-foot around it.

Still blows my mind that your OK with Milestone requiring your information to active the licenses but not Ok with Avigilon asking for your number to so dealer can call you for pricing.

Call me and I'll explain it to ya. (999) 555-1212, any time, day or night.

You guys [resellers in the forums] may not realize it, but you are doing more to un-sell what is probably a very good product by your non-disclosure. I remember products that were "fair-traded" back in the day...if an authorized dealer was caught selling the product for less than the MSRP, they were dropped from the dealer list. Is that the way it is with Avigilon? Are you permitted to take less of a profit to make a sale? Just asking...no monsters here, real or imagined...just trying to grasp the Avigilon business model.

I doubt Avigilon is selling my phone number, but if that is a major concern for you, then perhaps some other VMS is a better option for your particular requirements.

Best,

Christopher

Chris I sold your name and ph numbers

and I made millions

would u like me to share with you

and by the way I hope u like service I provide

Edited by Guest

Since you didn't call, I'll explain it to ya anyway.

Years ago, in the days of door-to-door salesmen, I had a friend who just couldn't say no to those guys. He had encyclopedias, he had vacuums, he had brushes of every shape and size, and finally his wife wouldn't let him answer the door to strangers any more. She suspected that the sales people found out that the guy would buy anything, and were passing his address around.

No, I'm not that guy, and I hang up on telemarketers immediately, but I used to pay monthly to have an unlisted phone number, so I don't pass it out freely.

ak357, you were about to weigh in here. Can you give me a price, in a PM if necessary? The guy that quoted me from CountryX said to contact either you or thewireguys.

EDIT: Still waiting, but not holding my breath. Probably not going to happen any time soon. Sigh. Well, Avigilon may be an outstanding product, but their marketing is screwy, IMHO.

EDIT: AWESOME, guys!!! Thanks! You have restored my faith, and now I can try your product!

Edited by Guest

ak357, you were about to weigh in here. Can you give me a price, in a PM if necessary? The guy that quoted me from CountryX said to contact either you or thewireguys.

EDIT: Still waiting, but not holding my breath. Probably not going to happen any time soon. Sigh. Well, Avigilon may be an outstanding product, but their marketing is screwy, IMHO.

Check you PM

I also want a price... I am waiting for Avigilon Core price for 4 cameras.

Why is this so difficult? Is it easier to buy a car then get price for Avigilon?

I have spend a few hours with Axxon Next and I was not able to install my cameras. For some reason I was not able to safe any change. I guess I have to wait until they make it more user friendly.

Why is this so difficult? Is it easier to buy a car then get price for Avigilon?

ok so here is my personal thoughts on why Avigilon's pricing is confidential.

Avigilon is about providing a solution that is reliable and that works. They dont want to get a reputation based soley on price. Price is the last thing.

People will automatically make judgement, and look at other products, when in fact, the whole Avigilon solution may be cheaper/better in the end.

This is exactly what happened when i sold my 1st large Avigilon system. I looked at some of the pricing and thought wow... but after i added everything thing else up, it was cheaper by around $20K than the Verint or Digifort solutions quoted.

Countless times when i submit small quotes without the client having a demo of the system, we dont get the work. If I demo the system first then provide the price most times we will get the job.

Avigilon is about providing a solution that is reliable and that works. They dont want to get a reputation based soley on price. Price is the last thing.

People will automatically make judgement, and look at other products, when in fact, the whole Avigilon solution may be cheaper/better in the end.

This is exactly what happened when i sold my 1st large Avigilon system. I looked at some of the pricing and thought wow... but after i added everything thing else up, it was cheaper by around $20K than the Verint or Digifort solutions quoted.

Countless times when i submit small quotes without the client having a demo of the system, we dont get the work. If I demo the system first then provide the price most times we will get the job.

+1

the funny part that "icamera" got price already

and guess what, He turn around and offered half

+1

the funny part that "icamera" got price already

and guess what, He turn around and offered half

haha, you could always supply half of the license key...

haha, you could always supply half of the license key...

Good idea!

by the way I just create new discussion in Linkedin (Avigilon Dealers)

plz provide comments

One thing to keep in mind is that Avigilon's supported list of cameras is much smaller than Milestone. However, if you're using one of the major brands, this should not be a problem.

And yes, Avigilon is about the easiest software NVR I have ever installed, and it is very easy to use.

Currently I have 3 of the HikVision 2CD2032s set up and it was very easy to find the cameras and set them up with Avigilon. I had some trouble setting up the mobile parts of Avigilon that just seemed to fall into place with XProtect Go but the main thing I don't like about Avigilon is not Avigilon, but HikVision...I just don't like the in-camera motion sensing. The Hik only gives you a 6-step sensitivity setting and no other adjustments, which seems clumsy, and compared to the sensitivity/level adjustments that XProtect GO provides, it is much easier to fine tune XProtect. Also, while drawing motion detection zones in the camera, the Hik doesn't currently allow you to undo or erase...one mistake and you clear everything and start over. So basically for me, it comes down to which is more important: in-camera or video-stream motion sensing, and I very much prefer the latter.

The other prerequisite I have is multi-camera playback, and they both do that well. Also, the price difference between XProtect Essential and Avigilon is substantial...Avigilon is twice the per-camera price. At this point, depending on the upgrade and/or maintenance expense of XProtect Essential going forward, I am looking for a Milestone reseller.

Edited by Guest

Also, the price difference between XProtect Essential and Avigilon is substantial...Avigilon is nearly twice the price. At this point, depending on the upgrade and/or maintenance expense of XProtect Essential going forward, I am looking for a Milestone reseller.

One of the features I absolutely must have is the ability to view the same cameras in both real time and recorded video at the same time, and the recorded video must be available almost instantly (not like Exaq that has to rebuild the recorded stream each time you go back and forth between live and recorded). Can XProtect do that?

Best,

Christopher