camera-newbie

Got the new Avigilon 5MP Bullet installed..

So we received an Avigilon 5mp bullet a few weeks ago but installed it today after decommissioning our old 1MP Basler.. Below are a few sample images.. The day images are awesome.. I need to fool around with the night though -- I can't find a way to disable the IR on the camera yet since it's installed right next to an existing IR light so the night results in a way over exposed image as you can see.. I'll probably have to find the remote for the external IR so I can drop the power output on it in half give or take..

day-pics.thumb.jpg.755f45bf555e9b49672a38f6444106a1.jpg

night-pics.thumb.jpg.6dadfbc33df44d31cd27a3fc7db3cf96.jpg

Love to put a ACTi E33 5MP bullet next to it, side by side. If interested, PM what city you are in. Not sure if the image is overexposed more than it's not evenly lit, so the center hot spot is making the image seem overexposed. Maybe turning on a BLC option if there is any on that camera may help.

Thanks for sharing, but the camera is not level.

Me thinks it needs to be focused better.

You know it's funny about a critical eye. When I installed this camera a couple a months ago for the client, he insisted that the picture showed exactly what he wanted to see and looked excellent. I strongly advised that I can dial it all in better but he said no, it's exactly what I want and to leave it right there. Hey, what the customer wants the customer gets-

I sent him an email this weekend and said I wanted to make a few adjustments- my ulterior motive unknown to him was to get at this camera. I took the opportunity to FINALLY set that camera right. Of course he said 'how much freakin better it looks!' Well duh! If I didn't care, he'd have been stuck with it.

Take the time with a critical eye. It's worth it.

P1.thumb.jpg.1bfdc804018cbe893214f76d4a714d2a.jpg

P2.thumb.jpg.8e3d01c4d68059bac45f04f741e05970.jpg

I sent him an email this weekend and said I wanted to make a few adjustments- my ulterior motive unknown to him was to get at this camera. I took the opportunity to FINALLY set that camera right. Of course he said 'how much freakin better it looks!' Well duh! If I didn't care, he'd have been stuck with it.

[attachment=0]P2.jpg[/attachment]

Take the time with a critical eye. It's worth it.

Edited by Guest

Not judging resolution only. Judging colors, focus, color accuracy, etc.

But it would be very helpful to also see full size image in full resolution.

Do you consider this to be a good picture?

How can a 5mp picture be judged by a 1024 x 768 image?

So we received an Avigilon 5mp bullet a few weeks ago but installed it today after decommissioning our old 1MP Basler.. Below are a few sample images.. The day images are awesome.. I need to fool around with the night though -- I can't find a way to disable the IR on the camera yet since it's installed right next to an existing IR light so the night results in a way over exposed image as you can see.. I'll probably have to find the remote for the external IR so I can drop the power output on it in half give or take..

[attachment=1]day-pics.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]night-pics.jpg[/attachment]

Do you even agree that it's not straight? You never said anything?

yeah.. yeah.. yeah.. I was very hasty to get it setup.. I'm not done yet and one of my kids said it was not level but I needed to do some other stuff and opted to leave it for now. I would have posted full-sized shots but was down-sizing to make the forum s/w happy with the 550k limit on file sizes. I did have the camera setup for auto-focus but found it too blurry for me so I hand adjusted it (via s/w) which was much better but will be tweaking it further. I did not try to adjust color/brightness or anything from the factory defaults.

By the way.. Regardless of what you think of this image it is 1000% better than the old Basler!

What's the bright spot in the night shot from? Is that the Avigilon IR or the other IR? More flood would be useful there.

If you can upload the 5MP shots somewhere, it would be great to see the details.

What's the bright spot in the night shot from? Is that the Avigilon IR or the other IR? More flood would be useful there.

If you can upload the 5MP shots somewhere, it would be great to see the details.

I believe the bright spot is the combination of my Rayled Vario I2 in combination with the Avigilon's built-in IR... I really need to find the remote for the Vario so I can detune it to see what the results are like..

If you've got a suggestion on a place to shove a full-sized image I'd be happy to try it out.

I have a web site I put pics on, but for big stuff, I use google drive. Other people like dropbox, and there's an assortment of similar free stuff.