thmaxxer

Help..... before I throw my new Lorex 6 cam system away!

I have been struggling with my Lorex system now since I got 6 cams hooked up. Old system went back because a display issue. So, the UPS man pays me a visit today and I get my brand new Lorex 6 cam Costco special out. Well, I hook all 6 new cams up to my new NVR and I get the same screen issue I got before! The dreaded Lorex "no resource screen" Now I have 8 hooked up and I am getting the No resource black screen on 3 cams. Go to the 3x3 display pattern, everything is great. All cams show feeds and we are happy. But how is it, that my 2ND!! NVR from Lorex is having this display issue? Is everyone elses' Lorex systems displaying the 1+5 and or the 1+7 fine on your TV or monitor screens?

I talked to 3 different Lorex people, they gave me 3 different answers. One said they are aware of the issue and working on a firmware update, one said I got an old system with the old firmware and to get a new one and I will be fine (which is what I did) and the last one said I have a bad nvr and to return it to them. I thought for sure that buying the "new" prepackaged system with 6 cams the 1+5 and 1+7 displays would work, but it still doesn't. I'm tempted to flash with Swann firmware but don't want to risk bricking the NVR. And I know the sb Jim has the same system and his works fine so there are some out there that work. It's just frustrating that I can't get a straight answer from Lorex.

They should step up and send you one direct that they KNOW works on their end, not make you roll the costco dice every time. And what, they can't send you firmware to flash their nvr? Very poor CS. In the analog world these places were the LAST places anyone would recommend. I don't know why everyone threw that out the window and went with them for even MORE dollars on IP systems.

After setting up the system and leaving them on for 24 hours, 2 of the bullets have moisture in the lens. The system is going back to Costco and I guess I will try my luck with the 8 ch Swann system. Very disappointed with Lorex CS and qc standards.

After setting up the system and leaving them on for 24 hours, 2 of the bullets have moisture in the lens. The system is going back to Costco and I guess I will try my luck with the 8 ch Swann system. Very disappointed with Lorex CS and qc standards.

The swann is a good product, and their support is good. Im getting ready to take mine back. however, I have one of the first runs and I just updated the firmware on it twice.

Im not taking it back because theres nothing wrong with it. I decided to pick up the 16 channel instead.

The swann is a good product, and their support is good. Im getting ready to take mine back. however, I have one of the first runs and I just updated the firmware on it twice.

Im not taking it back because theres nothing wrong with it. I decided to pick up the 16 channel instead.

I'm having a tough time on choosing the 16 ch vs the 8. It's price point seems a bit steep, but I guess with what you are getting it's worth it. I am debating on waiting to see if the 8 ch goes on sale like it did earlier in the year. I just hate taking stuff back again to Costco. (thank god someone has good CS; I'm not even a member)

I'm having a tough time on choosing the 16 ch vs the 8. It's price point seems a bit steep, but I guess with what you are getting it's worth it. I am debating on waiting to see if the 8 ch goes on sale like it did earlier in the year. I just hate taking stuff back again to Costco. (thank god someone has good CS; I'm not even a member)

I bought the 16 because I out grew the 8, I want to toss a few cams inside, and I wanted domes out side. The two vairfocals it comes with I dont think I want and my try to sell them, Not sure on that yet. Anyway, so far here is my findings with the 16. Ill do a full review in a bit.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36888 on page 2

I bought the 16 because I out grew the 8, I want to toss a few cams inside, and I wanted domes out side. The two vairfocals it comes with I dont think I want and my try to sell them, Not sure on that yet. Anyway, so far here is my findings with the 16. Ill do a full review in a bit.

give me a holler about those 2 varifocal bullets if you are considering selling them, i installed 2 and am pretty happy with them.

give me a holler about those 2 varifocal bullets if you are considering selling them, i installed 2 and am pretty happy with them.

Will do. I like them kinda, I have some spots where I could use them, just not sure as I think I'm more partial to the new domes however (which yes I know have their own issues)

Will do. I like them kinda, I have some spots where I could use them, just not sure as I think I'm more partial to the new domes however (which yes I know have their own issues)

i'm pretty happy with the lorex domes, although i can imagine the swann varifocal doems to be nice.