kandcorp

CCTV / Access Control Integration ???? Need Advise.

OK, so I am kind of new into this area and need a little help. I am currently researching a few access control companies for future projects:

1. TAC

2. Lenel

3. Software House

4. Johnson Control

I am basically trying to figure out where the whole access control market is heading. What kind of integration is possible now between CCTV surveillance products and access control? What does the future look like between these 2 markets being they are slowly integrating?

I apologize for my newbieness, I just need to make some rather large decisions in the next few months and want to know some of your thoughts and experiences with these particular systems.

Integration between CCTV and Access Control is already here. The limitation is really which DVR's they talk to. Most can do the following at the AC workstation:

- Video live video on alarm. This alarm can be a door forced or video motion detection from the DVR. Bi-directional. Totally friggin awesome!!!

- Begin recording or increase record rate on alarm. Once again, ANY alarm!

- Playback recorded video from AC worstation.

- Control PTZ's.

- Playback recorded video when running a report. Awesome!!! Run a report on lobby door, click on video icon and soon your playing back recorded video of event (door forced, access denied, motion, etc.). NOTE: Of course, playing back recorded video depends on DVR storage. If you run a report from 3 weeks ago and DVR only stores video for a week. No video!!!

- Use map GUI to diplay live video. Double-click on an icon and bam, you got video.

These are only a few features that are available today. This is only getting better and they continue to add new dvr's to the mix.

SWH talks to: American Dynamics, Integral, Nice, and Verint (Loronix)

Lenel talks to: Verint, Dedicated Micros, Vicon, DvTel, Nice and others (incl. their own DVR)

Kantech Corporate Edition SW: American Dynamics (Intellex).

Just took a look at your website and you've already got the IT / IP thing figured out. I met a TAC trainer several weeks ago, they have recently been bought by a very large global company and have what seems to be pretty technically competent staff. Their systems are big (if you need to ask how much it costs, then you can't afford this stuff), multi-site, international, total remote CCTV access.

Johnson Controls integrated access control into their building management systems and so you can expect really good energy management features without too much effort.

I figure that access control / security / cctv / intercom / energy management / time & attendance will all get together in a modular, distributed system with networked cctv storage close to the cameras using fibre, wireless, bpl, adsl, whatever IP technology needed to network the whole thing together.

It's been a couple of years since I got into putting DVR's on-line so the markets are well on the way to integration now. I think the most important thing to focus on now is network security, so that all of your projects don't get taken over by the IT department.

Anyway, that's what my crystal ball in Sydney is telling me today ...

Regards:

Dave

im wondering though, to do access you really need to also be a locksmith (to compete since locksmiths are doing CCTV also) .. so are you willing to learn that whole other industry as well ..

Stanley Security Solutions is in Integrator as well as owner of some other companies like intivid. Stanley Security solutions just recently bought ISR Solutions Largest Lenel Dealer in the world. They already owned Best Access, the 2nd largest Lenel dealer in the world.

Check out this Manufacturer of Access Control. I am the rep, but I used to install. I've installed Lenel, Andover, Software house, Northern and Keyscan. Keyscan is an Excellent access control system with 2,4, or 8 reader panels and 2 different types of Elevator control panels. You can use any combination of panels, so flexibility and expandibility become very easy. We also integrate with 13 Manufactures of DVR's. Please go to the website below for more info

www.keyscan.ca

I have a very small amount of experance with Imron but it has been positive for some of our dealers.

I suprisied at Rory. GE actually has a knock out softwre suite that bunles thier access w/ thier dvrs. Very robust, friendly to design. We deal direct with GE even though we are an integrator. I normally am not a fan of "stand alnoe" GE dvrs, but when inegrated with the software and access it gets 2 thumbs up in my book. just my 2 cents.

GE Alliance Enterprise Software

http://www.gesecurity.com/portal/site/GESecurity/menuitem.f76d98ccce4cabed5efa421766030730?selectedID=3276&seriesyn=true&seriesID=

Keyscan will do this type of intergeration. We are installing keyscan in a school district as well as cctv. While the geovision is not on their list now they

indicated they could write software to tie the two together is the demand was big enough. They do have a pretty nice software package for those DVRS they currently support I wonder about some of this intergeration stuff I sometimes wonder if getting too much info is worse than not enough.

Software House is by far the best. I work for a Security integrator Echelon Partners as a sales rep selling security solutions. I have worked with Software House for over 10 yrs. When I worked at Level 3 Communications we had a CCURE system with over 7000 doors / alarm points with 500 cctv systems intergraded into one another. We monitored and investigated all alarms throughout North America and Europe. Great system…