Hi all

I'm a retailer of CCTV and have started to get a few calls from customers about their DVRs stopping working after upgrading to ie11. I have changed the activeX settings as usual and tried running in compatibility mode with no joy. The problem seems to be that ie is not requesting the activeX from the DVR and just running as it would in any other browser. The DVR will be seen on ie but without the activeX running there is only 1 camera shown and there is no access to playback or the menu.

Up to now I've been telling my customers to go back to ie10. Any thoughts?

I am using both LTS and Lorex DVR's with IE11 and both work fine. You might try clearing the security settings and the cache to see if it thinks the Active X control thinks it is already installed.

yep, this is a pain. I'm switching all to Chrome.................seems to work on everything now, like IE used too, so I'm not going to go crazy trying to get them all working.

GC is actually pretty nice now..............I like the fact that you can login at any pc via Chrome and you'll get you browser setup the same on all.

The days of Legacy mode are gone? That feature is either removed or hidden.

And Win8.1 still sucks! FYI...some are embedding the Licensing in the MotherBoard BIOS now which is also a pain in the arsche to turn off......if installing Win7Pro vice trying to figure out Win8.

Just like our fine Goverment.......seems like more want to control what you do and how you do it. PC's are the best platform to "control" since everybody has one now.

Chrome ain't all it's cracked up to be. And one thing that seems to be universal with chrome is that if you have a camera web service open and you're monitoring cameras, and then you have other tabs open too, you get window 'bleed' from the cameras in your other tabs. It's happened on a number of computers when using chrome. For that reason alone, I don't actually prefer using it. And actaully, the CMS softrware that usually accompanies the dvr is better than web apps anyway.

@ Boogieman

You are spot on with your solution " title="Applause" /> .

It works as it should now. Is there any way of saving these settings as I could not find one?

Microsofts latest update has removed compatability mode from auto to a manual input

it used to be in search bar but now its in tools

to safe.

open dvr in windows go tools the compatability view settings then just press add.

that will keep the settings

Settings> Compatiibilty View > Add IP address and accept. Refresh and you should be working.

Nov 26th was the update that caused this issue.