AdamDaze

Hikvision EXIR turret (new?). 3pm, cheap, no ir bleed.

The 2332 is a PoE camera whereas the 3332 does not support PoE and requires an external PSU.

Could be you have a special one, meaning the PoE is not working, but the ds-2cd3332-i I reviewed was power by a ZyXel ES-2108PWR PoE switch.

Question...

have any of you guys had to adjust the focus of these fixed lens Hikvision Camera's?

Not as yet, seem to be infinite focus which means not great within 30cm, but thats not really their intended application.

Question...

have any of you guys had to adjust the focus of these fixed lens Hikvision Camera's?

I've had reason to open up my 2cd3332 to see if I could improve the focus but I found that the lens had been glued in position and could not be adjusted.

Real pity as I think that the focus on a couple of my cameras could have been made sharper.

I have one 2cd3332 that has razor sharp focus and it really produces an amazing picture.

Does someone have an answer to that question (can't find it ) :

What are the differences between DS-2CD2332-I and DS-2CD3332-I ?

Does someone have an answer to that question (can't find it ) :

What are the differences between DS-2CD2332-I and DS-2CD3332-I ?

Looking at the specs & pictures, I don't see anything other than the model number.

I agree with you...so why on aliexpress 3332 models are cheaper than 2332 models (about 15$ not much but enough to be confused) ?

Since you tried the 3332 model on your site, I think I can buy this one, I just hope there isn't a hidden feature on the 2332 we'll discover after I buy the 3332

I was talking to one of the vendors on there and they said that if I lived in the US he recommends I buy the 2332. Don't really know why unless he just wanted the extra $15. I know the 3332 isn't even on the Hik US website but the 2332 is. Either way I bought the 2332 just in case and it's an amazing camera.

What I'm thinking is the 2332 is the English version (not necessarily a USA version) and the 3332 is the China version and yes, they tend to cost about $20 more per camera. The only thing that I know of that's in Chinese is the day of week, and that may very well be the price difference between the two model numbers.

Hello all,

I talked to a vendor on aliexpress which sold 3332 and 2332.

He said that actually, the DS-2CD3332-I (on their site), referred to the -D model which was non PoE (whereas the description on their site said DS-2CD3332-I was PoE).

...well strange...anyway, as he told me that I had to choose 2332 if I wanted PoE working, I ordered the 2332 model.

I just bought 6 like that, $125 each with fast shipping included (5 days).

Now, wait & see !

Same vendor told me the 3332 has a longer warranty.

Frankly it seems to be much of the same thing, I don't think theres two models on the official hikvision site.

I ordered 2332, and its chinese. 12 at about $130 each i think it was.

And yours are POE?

It would be nice to have different model numbers for the Chinese vs English firmware, since that surprises people and can't be changed easily. They should document this if that's the case.

Same vendor told me the 3332 has a longer warranty.

Frankly it seems to be much of the same thing, I don't think theres two models on the official hikvision site.

Both the models are there on the chinese hikvision site.

In looking at the Hikvision Chinese web site I think the difference may be that the 3332 does not have a mount, but the 2332 does.

I have the 3332 (love them) and they came without their own mount. I have not ordered a 2332 version so I can't confirm my theory.

in our most recent order for this camera we got 1 x 3332 and 1 x 2332, I cannot tell the difference at all!