reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Read last few pages or user manual .... page 19

According to port forwarding, I was trying to forward ports from 5050 to 5054 but it doesn't any effect. Still no video.

According to motion detection when I click "Save" and leave "motion detection" section and back, all settings are set to default.

I'm using motion detection on my camera but it has only 9 big fields of detection.

For future references:

- Settings

- Network

- Network settings

- Check DHCP box

- Press Apply and OK

Then you have to do the same steps in order to see the current IP of the NVR: 192.168.1.XX

Log in to your router and forward the following ports, check if you have to tick a box to activate the port forwarding rule:

Remote Port (as shown in the network settings): default is 5050

Other port: 5051, 5052 and 5053

HTTP port: 80

Otherwise, if you changed the default ports:

Remote Port: Port number

Other Ports: Port number+1, +2, +3

HTTP Port: Port number

Check the ports on http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to look if it is properly forwarded.

Download Vmeye on Android

- Add Device DVR1:

- Put in Random name

- First Internal IP Address

- Port number 5053

- Username: admin

- Password: Leave it blank

- Add Device DVR2:

- Put in Random name external

- Put your external IP address (what is my ip address on google)

- Port number 5053

- Username: admin

- Password: Leave it blank

Using a static IP done by the device can give an error when forwarding ports on some routers/modems.

took the chance and flashed to 20141030 with no problems, since i was very very mad with this useless NVR. I hoped i bricked it in order to move on and find other solutions. Unfortunately, the flashing with a 2gb fat usb stick was flawless. Of course after 2 hours since that flashing i did not manage to have any other progress regarding motion detection...so i just have a newer firmware with no clue which was the improvement. I am veryyyyy tempted to try the newest beta, but i deeply know that this time my luck with be 0 and i dont want to mess with telnet e.t.c...hoping that a solution will come soon. I wonder though if it is possible to flash the firmware from the FOSCAM NVR. It seems to be the same box, though i saw it has tottaly different menu and supports only 4cams. Since it is a FOSCAM brand does it work 100% with foscams? i only have FOSCAM HD cams 9804w,9805w in my setup.

took the chance and flashed to 20141030 with no problems, since i was very very mad with this useless NVR. I hoped i bricked it in order to move on and find other solutions. Unfortunately, the flashing with a 2gb fat usb stick was flawless. Of course after 2 hours since that flashing i did not manage to have any other progress regarding motion detection...so i just have a newer firmware with no clue which was the improvement. I am veryyyyy tempted to try the newest beta, but i deeply know that this time my luck with be 0 and i dont want to mess with telnet e.t.c...hoping that a solution will come soon. I wonder though if it is possible to flash the firmware from the FOSCAM NVR. It seems to be the same box, though i saw it has tottaly different menu and supports only 4cams. Since it is a FOSCAM brand does it work 100% with foscams? i only have FOSCAM HD cams 9804w,9805w in my setup.

I am almost in the same boat as you. This device looked so promising and I have configured it about 100 times, about 45 of those succesfull to find out that if I do anything else, and I mean anything else I loose my configurations (such as get up and I loose my settings) Cameras stop showing or come in blurry and pixelated.

I really am thinking about the beta as well. Please give me the balls to go for the upgrade as well!

Hahahahaaha no guts no glory !!! only Mike now can tell us the difference. I am about to order FOSCAM NVR,although it is only for 4 cameras and i have 7 (i do not need all of them though), but i have to be sure that everything works 100% with this NVR and Foscam HD cams.

Second choice is to unbox my new HP microserver G8 and set it up from scratch and use iSPY software.

I had this setup with my HP G7 1,3ghz, but with 2 cameras the cpu was hitting 99% and made the "server" unusable. I hope G8 with 2.3ghz will be enough to run iSpy and perform all other tasks also.

I hoped the NVR would do its job adequately but......

I only need the motion detection in order not to have the cameras write all day long...Any other reccomendation ??

At this point all i can think of is a) to try to make mini nvr to record from all cameras all day but

to keep only 3 days and then replace the recordings. Is this possible ?

b) to speak with Foscam if their NVR is working flawless with foscam cameras and motion detection. But i will have some how to sell super mini...

1. possible not 3 days, but as much as it possible, after making disk full it will overwrite.

IMHO talk to Foscam it must be possible to record with motion if they sell nvr and camera. You can have problems like myself while private protocol for my cameras (i12) works ONLY if the pasword for admin is not set.

Have you tried to talk with their reps at facebook? Sometime it can make a mirracle, and supoprt guys get to work while you public show companies incompetence.

..omg...also my cameras did not work if the password had special characters like @. Although with the use of shift i was pressing 2 and a DOT was visible in tha password field like the @ was written.

Can you please guide me how to enable recording but not only for 1 day. I did not understand correctly.

The options are a) 1 day b) as many days they can fit in the H.D.D ?

If i use only one day (which is not usefull, if i am away from home for vacations) i will need just a small h.d.d since the recordings will be less than e.g 1tb.

If i use the "as many days" as they can be recorded in a 2tb H.d.d, what happens when the hard disk i full?

i hope it can fit 1 month of recordings. WD PURPLE

If i use only one day (which is not usefull, if i am away from home for vacations) i will need just a small h.d.d since the recordings will be less than e.g 1tb.

If you select to record 24 hours, it will only keep the last 24 hours of your recordings. This function isn't very usefull in my opinion since having more hours is most of the time better? Maybe due to legislation some people are limited to max 24 hours recording... and this function will help to comply to that.

If i use the "as many days" as they can be recorded in a 2tb H.d.d, what happens when the hard disk i full?

It is better to use a 'so big as possible hdd' since you can record many 'small videos' due to motion recording. When you select the 'replace/overwrite' in the settings, the NVR will overwrite the oldest file when the HDD is full. Use the tool from urcctvstore as a guideline for selecting a hard drive when you want to record X minutes/hours/days recording: http://www.urcctvstore.com/Computational_tools.html. Using that tool 2TB will record around 216 hours of video (select Calculation of video time in the tool).

If you select to record 24 hours, it will only keep the last 24 hours of your recordings. This function isn't very usefull in my opinion since having more hours is most of the time better? Maybe due to legislation some people are limited to max 24 hours recording... and this function will help to comply to that.

It is better to use a 'so big as possible hdd' since you can record many 'small videos' due to motion recording. When you select the 'replace/overwrite' in the settings, the NVR will overwrite the oldest file when the HDD is full. Use the tool from urcctvstore as a guideline for selecting a hard drive when you want to record X minutes/hours/days recording: http://www.urcctvstore.com/Computational_tools.html. Using that tool 2TB will record around 216 hours of video (select Calculation of video time in the tool).

Hi unix1992 !!!

where is in the settings the selection of "record 24 hours" or "replace/overwrite" for the HDD ????

I don't find them in the TV HDMI interface...

Thanks in advance

Bruno

Oh, by the way, we are testing a new firmware 20141229 lately.

1. Updated IPC search function,

2. Support two P2P app now, Goolink and Dana (http://www.danale.com)

3. and for P2P ID we made QR Code pictures shown in the system. I don't think we will need to print all those QR code and stick it on NVR box again in the future, when the final version is officially released.

I believe someone maybe wanna have a try? Make sure your firmware version is already 20141030 before trying on 20141229.

4CH and 8CH different, since it is only a test version from us we will not show it on our website, the download link is not on our web page.

Mike,

First I just want to say thank you and everyone that has helped you out on your end. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say I appreaciate the time and effort you have put forth to help us with these little machines. I want to say that I had no real problems upgrading an ESCAM to the 20141030 firmware. But It was just giving me troubles as I have two hikvision cameras.

DS-2CD2032-I 3MP

DS-2CD3332-I

I was able to get the 3332 to work over RTSP but was having problems getting the 2032 to connect to the mini nvr with onvif and seeing motion.

I was able to get the 2032 to come up in the web interface and alarms went off but no motion was recorded to my external hdd.

So now here is my real questions:

I have been looking at N6200-9EH from http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/9CH-3MP-2MP-4CH-5MP-White-Color-Onvif-Network-Video-Recorder-N6200-9EH-with-HDMI-VGA/1329209_32245652783.html

Is this a good choice, and do you think it would work better with my Hikvision Cameras allowing motion record?

If this is not a good choice I do like that I can have the HDD in the nvr. What could be a good set of cameras to work with it in motion sense and PTZ support? Please make a recomendation.

Also could I get a cpu spec and ram info on that model? Does it still run the same embeded linux kernel and if so Is it possible to get SSH as a communication method?

Thank you for your help so far to us all on the forum.

Yesterday i had an email correspondence with FOSCAM UK. They ensured me that FN3004H is working 100% with foscam camera and motion detection. They have test it for 3 months in their office. The bad point is that it supports only 4channels. They also informed me that they are currently working on a 9channel nvr, but with no prediction about when it will come out.(maybe 2-3months later).

Regarding our super mini nvr, Mike please tell us how to upgrade to the latest beta version. Is there

any improvement regarding onvif and motion detection?

Does anyone know to tell us the steps to enable continuous recording and replace of recordings when the hard disk drive gets full?

I am thinking of buying the foscam NVR, but again it is a pitty we already "lost" 70-80euro for Super mini nvr and again buy another nvr for another 80euro.

Mike,

I've noticed on the beta firmware that if you factory reset the NVR and then change the default blank admin password it shows user privilege as guest with no way to change it.

I am also still curious if there is any way possible to add http stream support.

Thank you

Hi unix1992 !!!

where is in the settings the selection of "record 24 hours" or "replace/overwrite" for the HDD ????

Thanks in advance

Bruno

Uhhh in the settings menu? Do you have the following interface as shown in the picture?

- Settings > Record Replace > set to replace > see picture above the QR sign

- Record Time (hour) > Enable it and set it to 24 or any other number hours

It doesn't matter which number you set at the 'record time hour', just put 900 hours in it. The NVR will still overwrite the old files.

Fore example: When the HDD (120GB) is full after 20 hours of recording the NVR will replace the old file, so effectively you will only record the last 20 hours.

Furthermore: Motion detection on the NVR is worthless (well only 1 of the four cameras supports is at my place), sensitivity is still too high even at the lowest level... So as others already mentioned despite the motion detection it is recording continuous.

For adding a camera try the following:

If selecting 'search' or auatomatic did not work, try to add the camera manually.

Right mouse click > Add camera > Manual

Select Channel X (1 to 8, which is empty)

Protocol: Onvif first, i8 or i11 (try Onvif first, after that the other 2 options)

Username: As specified in the IP camera

Password: See above

Look up the internal IP Address

Port: Look for the media port or the HTTP port specified in your IP camera (or try the mobile port or RTSP port)

Sometimes you have to log in your IP camera to set the videostream manually to H264 or to set the video size at 1280x720p. Just try every setting (ports) as configured in your IP camera.

I have 5 different 'china' brands of no name IP camera (Vcatch, sunvision *2, escam, no brand *2 (different) ) and they all work/record on the NVR. Well the motion detection is worthless despite 'working' only on 1 camera. Only 2 of the 5 cameras were automatically found by the NVR, the others were put manually in the NVR.

921049616_HTB1lFaYFVXXXXcYXVXXq6xXFXXXu1.jpg.1a653d2f30c26aa3955e6e4a6fffed68.jpg

Please allow me for a quick maybe silly question. Since the recordings will be all day long, if something bad happens how am i going to search when happened? I have to seek 24h in fast forward? The main advantage of motion detection is that it makes small clips when needed and they are easier to search. Am i missing something obvious?

Mike, any news from your side? What about the new beta firmware?

Please allow me for a quick maybe silly question. Since the recordings will be all day long, if something bad happens how am i going to search when happened? I have to seek 24h in fast forward? The main advantage of motion detection is that it makes small clips when needed and they are easier to search. Am i missing something obvious?

Mike, any news from your side? What about the new beta firmware?

Uhhh some ip cameras have the option to send you a e-mail after motion has been detected. The motion detection on the nvr itself is pretty useless.. Since the the sensitivity is still too high (in my experience) ... Just try the built in motion detection of the ip camera. When an email has been send at 06.34 pm, you should then know that you have to look at the recordings St around 6.34 pm. Besides having a camera system, you should have an alarm system (calling your neighbour or on your mobile phone when the alarm has been triggered) when protecting your home, well it's usefull for burglars since you are then asleep. Use then the time that the alarm has called you, when looking in the cctv system. When you are away on vacation ask you neighbour to watch over your home. Otherwise buy a dlink camera to use it for sending a mail when motion has been detected. Since the dlink camera motion detection does work. A camera system alone is not helping to protect your home, it's only have a deterring effect.

Tldr: use the built-in motion detection of the ip camera or buy a dlink camera only for the motion detection as a support for the nvr.

Hi unix1992 !!!

Thanks in advance

Bruno

Uhhh in the settings menu? Do you have the following interface as shown in the picture?

- Settings > Record Replace > set to replace > see picture above the QR sign

- Record Time (hour) > Enable it and set it to 24 or any other number hours

It doesn't matter which number you set at the 'record time hour', just put 900 hours in it. The NVR will still overwrite the old files.

Fore example: When the HDD (120GB) is full after 20 hours of recording the NVR will replace the old file, so effectively you will only record the last 20 hours.

Thanks to unix1992,

I have realised that my interface is in someway "downsized" since some options are hidden... despite the fact that I have always upgraded its firmware with the official files!

Anyway I have changed the hidden (for me) options and everything goes all right now (there was a default 24 hours cycle set for the record's file).

It remains the question why for someone (like me) those options are hidden both through the hdmi I/F and the web one, and for others (like you) the same are shown... but this could be answered only by the support people ..... if any

Cheers, Bruno

Thanks to unix1992,

I have realised that my interface is in someway "downsized" since some options are hidden... despite the fact that I have always upgraded its firmware with the official files!

Anyway I have changed the hidden (for me) options and everything goes all right now (there was a default 24 hours cycle set for the record's file).

It remains the question why for someone (like me) those options are hidden both through the hdmi I/F and the web one, and for others (like you) the same are shown... but this could be answered only by the support people ..... if any

Cheers, Bruno

Haha , I'm glad that I could help you. I have my NVR connected to 17 inch LCD screen using a VGA cable (old-fashioned way), maybe the resolution of your TV messed up the interface. The NVR is great to record your onvif cameras. However, it would be even better when the nvr could support Mjpeg so you could record your older 'non onvif > nonvif' cameras (wishful dreaming ). An other change I would make is to have at least 3 usb ports, one for the HDD, one for a mouse and the last one for a wifi adapter (well using a cable is always better for this sort stuff). I gave up on the web interface after one week (ActiveX ... ), besides that I would prefer to use a mobile APP to watch your cameras (>> forward the specific ports in your modem and you can watch your cameras from everywhere ). Be aware that it would be recommendable to look at your NVR at least one day in a week to see if everything is working fine > look if the red 'record' picture is present.

Thanks to unix1992,

Cheers, Bruno

Hello,

I have the problem of "downsized interface" since a firmware update.

In fact, I can't change the record duration (it keeps my old parameter 22h)

How did you fixed this problem ?

Thanx

Stephane

It's may be a solution to fix my problem of the limited record duration... Thx.

But I'm curious to know why I have the "restricted" menu (I'm connected with admin account)

BR

Stephane

It's may be a solution to fix my problem of the limited record duration... Thx.

But I'm curious to know why I have the "restricted" menu (I'm connected with admin account)

BR

Stephane

I just know how to fix it for the web IF and it's not for the common user.....

Anyway, the "quick and dirty" method is to activate in the browser the developer/debug menu, go to the configuration tab and "inspect" the elements of the main frame: you will see in the code 3 "DIV" whose STYLE is set to "display:none", uncheck the Style box (below, on the right in Safari) and you will see the hidden fields. Set the values you wish for recording and click on save.

The "source" of the problem is a JS code that when you open the webpage checks a "MachineID" (based on the present HW) and sets a bunch of fields of the user interface to be hidden...

If you know how to edit a file with VI, You can fix it for ever (actually, until the next update...), ask and I'll let you know.

Cheers, Bruno

hi unix1992,

i have some questions concerning your china cameras, i also have a lot of them but mostley without h.264 and with resolution 640 x 480. They are not found by the nvr even by manual mode. Am i right that these are the wrong camera's?

Is there a way to get these low resoultion cameras to work with the nvr min?

Due you maybe have a link from the china cameras you are using?

Greetings from Germany