reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Dear mike,

What is different with the new mini2 nvr's? Does one of these nvr's contain a hi3535 instead of the less powerful hi3520?

Version 4 and 5 are completely out of stock now, next batch will be ready within 1.5 months.

What about firmware support, does your company provide firmware updates for these mini2 NVRs based on hi3535 as well? As I'm using Hikvision camera's, I assume that motion detection does not work (due to Hikvisions implementation of ONVIF). All these NVRs are running linux. Would it be possible to install additional software on these machine, so I can run for example domotica software as well?

Dear mike,

What is different with the new mini2 nvr's? Does one of these nvr's contain a hi3535 instead of the less powerful hi3520?

Version 4 and 5 are completely out of stock now, next batch will be ready within 1.5 months.

What about firmware support, does your company provide firmware updates for these mini2 NVRs based on hi3535 as well? As I'm using Hikvision camera's, I assume that motion detection does not work (due to Hikvisions implementation of ONVIF). All these NVRs are running linux. Would it be possible to install additional software on these machine, so I can run for example domotica software as well?

All Mini NVR 2 are with latest stable firmware 20141030. The beta version 20141229 is still at final testing. All stable firmwares will be uploaded to http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download.html in the first place.If you want to test the beta version for Mini NVR 2 I can send it over.

Our Firmware versions has nothing to do with Motion detection function. It requires private protocol to activate the motion detection function of IP cameras from other factories. Hikvision does not want to develop a private protocol with us yet, they want everyone use their own NVR.

We have no idea about additional software to operate our devices, it would be good if the software company make their software compatible with our device. We only develop our own.

any updates on wifi compatability with wpa?

Not yet, only WEP or no password.

We are developing built-in Wifi NVR lately. Hopefully new product will solve WPA problem if so all NVR boards will support Wifi Dongle with Wpa connection in the future.

R&D scheduled it to be completed in the middle of 2015. will wait for it.

We have no idea about additional software to operate our devices, it would be good if the software company make their software compatible with our device. We only develop our own.

Based on the info found in this topic, it seems that I can access the NVR via telnet. This would enable a user to access the system. In I have got the source code of a program, would it be possible to compile the package on the NVR? This would allow me for example to compile Domoticz, so I can control my domotica. In case such a thing is possible, it would be a nice argument for me to purchase one.

Did you fix hdd detection problems after reboot or few days/weeks work?

Is it a common problem? I never heard about this problem before.

Foscam, Sricam are not in the list.

Mike,

Is there no way to add support for http streams?

Sricam does not have rtsp url to pull the video.

I'm really not too worried about motion detection, I have just been hoping for a way to at least pull all my cameras video feeds so that I can record them 24/7.

Thanks

Hi unix1992,

thanks for answering my questions. I have got it working now wit a Tension Robocam 3, hd resoultion.

Thenproblem now is that i tried to record onto a usb stick but the mini nvr does not fingnthe stick, i have allready tried anoother stick without help, i formated the stick to fat32. What am imdoeing wrong?

GREETING MISCHA

Hi unix1992,

thanks for answering my questions. I have got it working now wit a Tension Robocam 3, hd resoultion.

Thenproblem now is that i tried to record onto a usb stick but the mini nvr does not fingnthe stick, i have allready tried anoother stick without help, i formated the stick to fat32. What am imdoeing wrong?

GREETING MISCHA

USB Stick can only be used for data backup from your HDD or used for firmware update (via VGA/HDMI monitor). We thought the writing speed of USB Flash drive is too slow and if keep writing HD video stream the flash drive could be dead easily.

Recording can only be done on Hard drive.

Foscam, Sricam are not in the list.

Mike,

Is there no way to add support for http streams?

Sricam does not have rtsp url to pull the video.

I'm really not too worried about motion detection, I have just been hoping for a way to at least pull all my cameras video feeds so that I can record them 24/7.

Thanks

Sorry it does not support http streams.

when I backup video onto usb to play on my computer it is always playing at fast speed, do you know why that is?

Is it possible to send me a short video clip?

Dig through this thread a lot of people have problem with hdd seen by nvr, or the drive disappear after restart.

I successfully upgraded my Escam K108 to the beta firmware 20141229. I booted the NVR from a flash drive and used the upgrade utility. When I attempted the upgrade from the GUI, it locked up and would not reboot. I had to go thru the recovery process.

For the most part this NVR is working as I would like. I still cannot take snapshots of my Escam Q520 Cameras and cannot receive and email with a snapshot. For the time being my cameras are emailing snapshots, but that leads to 100+ emails a day.

I am using the I12 update dated 4/10/2014 that I downloaded from a link posted by Szymon_Zy. Does anyone have a link to the protocol downloads? I am wondering if they are updated to newer version that provide increased functionality.

Also, can someone explain "Upload to Center" under the motion linkage?

any chance of getting FOSCAM in the list? otherways i will have to go for the FOSCAM NVR...though it is only 4CH

Private protocol development need camera factory to be cooperative.

no schedule on foscam protocol yet.

Dig through this thread a lot of people have problem with hdd seen by nvr, or the drive disappear after restart.

ok, thanks, will report that and look into it.

I successfully upgraded my Escam K108 to the beta firmware 20141229. I booted the NVR from a flash drive and used the upgrade utility. When I attempted the upgrade from the GUI, it locked up and would not reboot. I had to go thru the recovery process.

For the most part this NVR is working as I would like. I still cannot take snapshots of my Escam Q520 Cameras and cannot receive and email with a snapshot. For the time being my cameras are emailing snapshots, but that leads to 100+ emails a day.

I am using the I12 update dated 4/10/2014 that I downloaded from a link posted by Szymon_Zy. Does anyone have a link to the protocol downloads? I am wondering if they are updated to newer version that provide increased functionality.

Also, can someone explain "Upload to Center" under the motion linkage?

Last update on i12 protocol is in July, only made it support Mini NVR 2, no improvement on motion detection attachment. It is the limited by camera factory.

"upload to center" is used to upload the alarm event/picture to the CMS software(another version CMS software used for 200CH/500CH IP cameras)

Last update on i12 protocol is in July, only made it support Mini NVR 2, no improvement on motion detection attachment. It is the limited by camera factory.

Email snapshot works using the software imbedded in the cameras. The problem is the cameras email a snapshot every 2 seconds while motion is detected so I get several emails.

The NVR only emails once, but does not include a snapshot. And the snapshot button in the NVR GUI gives me an error saying "This channel does not support capture."

I was able to finally upgrade to beta firmware. The first time I thought it was bricked, but it actually worked you just need to wait a long time at the boot screen when it reboots after update.

although I cannot get the dana cloud app to work. I've enabled dana under management, rebooted device, added QR code to dana app, but then the app gives an error when I try to add the NVR to dana app.

has anyone successfully used dana cloud app? There's a lot of empty fields under the dana configuration on the nvr (what values should go in the blank fields?)

I'm having another strange issue, specifically with Zmodo cameras.

I have been using 4 Zmodo cameras along with my other cameras and pulling the feeds to the mini nvr via onvif.

Every night the 4 cameras feeds will randomly dropout for a short period of time, but this happens multiple times.

Once the feeds come back up the cameras ir cut filters will stick causing them to display nothing but a fuzzy gray image.

This only seems to happen when I'm using them along with the mini nvr, so I figured I would ask here to see if anyone has had a similar issue and possible fix for this before I check with Zmodo.

Nothing is set to auto reboot on either the mini NVR or the Zmodo system, so that should not play into the dropout of the video feeds.

It almost seems like an actual power dropout, but I can't understand why this would happen only using the mini nvr and onvif.

I'm having another strange issue, specifically with Zmodo cameras.

I have been using 4 Zmodo cameras along with my other cameras and pulling the feeds to the mini nvr via onvif.

Every night the 4 cameras feeds will randomly dropout for a short period of time, but this happens multiple times.

Once the feeds come back up the cameras ir cut filters will stick causing them to display nothing but a fuzzy gray image.

This only seems to happen when I'm using them along with the mini nvr, so I figured I would ask here to see if anyone has had a similar issue and possible fix for this before I check with Zmodo.

Nothing is set to auto reboot on either the mini NVR or the Zmodo system, so that should not play into the dropout of the video feeds.

It almost seems like an actual power dropout, but I can't understand why this would happen only using the mini nvr and onvif.

Are the Zmodo cameras wireless or wired connected to the NVR? If wireless, try to use a wire and see if there are any drops in the stream. Furthermore, try first to reset the Zmodo cameras to factory settings. Try to use an alternative power adapter, maybe your power adapter is faulty.