reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Hi, I have got a NVR ESCAM N6200-8E. Motion detection did not work. I did update and now NVR does not work. What should I do? I tried to repair via telnet, usb but it is still the same.

Any word as to where to get the 8ch firmware for the Escam. I spoke to mike over the weekend by PM but have not yet gotten anything... maybe in my spam box?

Also managed to get the individual Escam cameras for forward their stream and substream to IP camera viewer on android. I was able to do this through port forwarding to my surveillance subnet.

Update,

Found it in my spam box along with an apology for the delay. Thanks Mike!

I have to say you all have customer service much better than most larger companies!

Still no dice on the motion record. It says setting saved successfully but when I go back into the motion sensor panel it is reset again. I also cant get the alarm output function on the camera to trigger record. I guess I will be going with a different NVR...

I can play them with VLC without any problems. Try VLC for windows.

I've tried several, including VLC for windows. Always lock the player.

Share a sample of download recording (avi) and will see what's up.

I think it was a problem with my vlc because I tested on another machine and it worked.

Hi All,

I have just updated (thanks to Mike) to the last available firmware for my miniNVR 8ch.

I can take good live video from my 4 IPcam (Maygion v.3 branded DBPower) and record them on a local HDD (WD Mybook) BUT there is no way to have motion detection.

I believe that Motion detection is working for this miniNVR only if the IPCam can do it itself and sends alarm though ONVIF protocol ...

Another error in specification is that it would be possible to record on network disks... not possible at all.

Ciao, Bruno

Mike, if you want to create polish translation let me know. I see now only english and chinesse interface version. My brother ordered here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/8CH-Onvif-Full-HD-1080P-48V-Real-PoE-NVR-All-in-one-Network-Video-Recorder-for/1995091290.html. Will this update also be available for this nvr?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/8CH-Onvif-Full-HD-1080P-48V-Real-PoE-NVR-All-in-one-Network-Video-Recorder-for/1995091290.html

4CH Mini NVR, 8CH Mini NVR, 4CH POE NVR, 8CH POE NVR, all have different update files, please make sure you are updating the correct one.

If your NVR is not with customized software. no problem to update.

OK we will let you know when we have a plan to creat Polish IE Interface. Dominik is your brother? Say hi to him.

We will uploading the latest 20141030 firmware, ActiveX is not needed any more, You can also run on Firefox, Google Chrome etc.

but sorry Mac system still can not work directly.

please be noted that if your NVR firmware is before 20140417, you can not update to the new version 20141030 directly. You will need to update to 20140417 then another update to 20141030.

If your NVR is with version 20140417, OK no problem to update to 20141030.

Please also understand that every update you will need to configure everything again. If you are cool with your current version, then just let it be. We are not responsible if your device is bricked........lol...

Sorry have been bloody business lately. cannot make time answering all questions here. Anything urgent, you guys can PM me, will reply as soon as I am available.

All order dispatched after 20141114 will be updated to the latest version. If you anyone need any help from our tech team, PM us.

Hi All,

I have just updated (thanks to Mike) to the last available firmware for my miniNVR 8ch.

I can take good live video from my 4 IPcam (Maygion v.3 branded DBPower) and record them on a local HDD (WD Mybook) BUT there is no way to have motion detection.

I believe that Motion detection is working for this miniNVR only if the IPCam can do it itself and sends alarm though ONVIF protocol ...

Another error in specification is that it would be possible to record on network disks... not possible at all.

Ciao, Bruno

Let me explain the Motion Detection Thing,

This NVR support Standard Onvif Protocol, if your IP camera is using standard Onvif Protocol (Not Modified Onvif), then the motion detection can work properly.

Many IP camera manufacturer modified their Onvif Protocol to limit the buyers to buy the recording devices from them. If not the Motion Detection recording and alarm might not work. You may ask your camera sellers if their cameras are standard Onvif (Anyway I believe most of them don't really know about the standard Onvif things, they only know their IP camera is an Onvif one).

Then we created private protocols with many IP camera manufacturers. After you update the devices with the correct private protocols then the motion detection can work. While there are still many IP camera manufacturer don't agree to have private protocols with our NVR, so Motion detection won't work with their Cameras, like the NVSIP, Hikvision etc. (Dahua, D-Link and some others have no problem on Motion detection after protocol update)

So you need to always ask your Camera Seller and NVR Seller about this issue before making that order.

Hi Mike,

is a change log available for the new version?

thx

Franz

Hi sorry we don't have a change log available (only one in last year and it is in Chinese .lol). Problem is that Chinese R&D guys are not good at English and it takes time for the marketing department to have them translated but we really don't have enough time to do that and our R&D just talked to us which part is slightly changed. Maybe there will be one in PDF format in the near future.

Mike, if you want to create polish translation let me know. I see now only english and chinesse interface version. My brother ordered here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/8CH-Onvif-Full-HD-1080P-48V-Real-PoE-NVR-All-in-one-Network-Video-Recorder-for/1995091290.html. Will this update also be available for this nvr?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/8CH-Onvif-Full-HD-1080P-48V-Real-PoE-NVR-All-in-one-Network-Video-Recorder-for/1995091290.html

4CH Mini NVR, 8CH Mini NVR, 4CH POE NVR, 8CH POE NVR, all have different update files, please make sure you are updating the correct one.

OK we will let you know when we have a plan to creat Polish IE Interface. Dominik is your brother? Say hi to him.

We will uploading the latest 20141030 firmware, ActiveX is not needed any more, You can also run on Firefox, Google Chrome etc.

please be noted that if your NVR firmware is before 20140417, you can not update to the new version 20141030 directly. You will need to update to 20140417 then another update to 20141030.

Please also understand that every update you will need to configure everything again. If you are cool with your current version, then just let it be. We are not responsible if your device is bricked........lol...

Sorry have been bloody business lately. cannot make time answering all questions here. Anything urgent, you guys can PM me, will reply as soon as I am available.

All order dispatched after 20141114 will be updated to the latest version. If you anyone need any help from our tech team, PM us.

where can i find this firmwares? to download

where can i find this firmwares? to download

Uploading, in a couple of hours.

[quote="Szymon_Zy"

Yes, that is him.

I see on your website mininvr 2 with internal hdd caddy when will it be available at your shop? I would buy it and try to sell the current version. Hdd laying next to nvr and additional charger for hdd does not look good at all

[quote name="Szymon_Zy"

Yes' date=' that is him.

I see on your website mininvr 2 with internal hdd caddy when will it be available at your shop? I would buy it and try to sell the current version. Hdd laying next to nvr and additional charger for hdd does not look good at all [/quote]

Within one or two weeks.

Uploading Finished,

New Firmwares for 4CH Mini NVR, 8CH Mini NVR, 4CH PoE NVR, 8CH Mini NVR are ready to download now.

Please be very careful with the update.

1.Make sure your current firmware version, if it is 20140417 or higher version, OK

2. If before 20140417, update to 20140417 first, then give it another update to 1030 version.

3. Every update you will need to configure all again, including updating the private protocol etc.

4. Update firmwares are different for 4 items, please choose the correct one for your NVR.

5. Customized NVR with Client's logo are with different firmware update, please contact your device seller for an update.

6. If you feel everything is cool with your currently NVR firmware. You don't need to update, then don't. We are not responsible for any possible damage.

Update Log:

No ActiveX required for IE Interface.

Support other browser like Google Chrome, Firefox View etc

Fixed some small bugs

Better Operation Stability

Better Looking. lol

Mike, before i update i would like to know what is default IP address after update. Is this 192.168.1.188, dhcp or something else?

Mike, before i update i would like to know what is default IP address after update. Is this 192.168.1.188, dhcp or something else?

Same IP address. 192.168.1.188

Hello everyone.

I figured I'd ask to make sure but the ESCAM K108 branded NVR, even though it's on v4.0 [20140417], is NOT compatible with these latest firmware posted today?

I don't want to end up with a bricked device if possible. lol

Thanks for any input.

Hello everyone.

I figured I'd ask to make sure but the ESCAM K108 branded NVR, even though it's on v4.0 [20140417], is NOT compatible with these latest firmware posted today?

I don't want to end up with a bricked device if possible. lol

Thanks for any input.

That's true, you don't need to update if you are afraid of brick it. The biggest bug of 20140417 is that you can not change IP address through IE or PC Software. You can change it through NVR directly anyway.

Hi Szymon, what about your side? did you make it work?

Upgraded, reconfigured everything, and it seems to work fine....

I have tested the new web IF with Safari on Macosx and it works after installing the last Flash version.

I'll try recording and motion detection but after Mike statements I don't expect any change/ improvement.

To have it working through Safari is anyway a big leap for any Mac user !!

BTW on the mac it doesn't work with FF...

Thanks. Bruno

Seems to run cooler with 2 latest firmwares,with 8channels at work.

I putted big heatsink on cpu (secondglue)

Maybe to big,case top doesn't close anymore .

With new version Mini II NVR will theire be place for extra alluminium?

We have to ask Mike when the new one will arrive,,,,,,and seperate forum?