RichTJ99

Best type of crimpable BNC connector?

I have tried all of them but compression. First was twist, it took me longer to cut the wire right then it did to twist it on good, I suppose it was because used a pocket knife and teeth for center, took me at least 10 tries to get a good 2 piece down, screw the 3 and 4 piece, but I have customers who swear by them. When I got my high speed cable installed I was amazed and how fast the tech put those compressions on, he made me a 75 ft cable and 10 ft cable so I could fish it to my TV from outside my garage(for some dumb reason dish network does fish cable or even go into a crawl space)into my front room, so I tried to double fish my satalite tv cable to avoid having to get in to my attic(if you could call it that, in July 110 degrees outside) to run the cable and it snaged, but didn't break loose. So I have to go with compression all the way for speed and strength. They do cost more though. Oh ya and GEM does have a great selection as well as great pricing and support.

Same experience with the Cable guy.

Two piece fitting. Blam! it was done quick and looked great.

It took me awhile to remember to put the jacket on before stripping and of coarse this was before I found out you can get a stripper that does it all at one time. Oh yeah and thate not counting my first time to the mustang ranch. This guy had some compression tool I still have yet to find.. maybe somebody has seen it. At the bottom he stuck the cable in to strip it ready and then stuck it the top which he slipped a comp bnc in while stripping the wire and squeezed it ...done. I have seen all in one tools but not as smooth.

WOW! I really thought that some of the members would be using crimp connectors. I'm suprised.

We use Crimps all the way.

In my opinion, the four choices, in order of preference would be

Three piece BNC crimp on

Two piece BNC crimp on

Electrical tape and chewing gum

One piece BNC twist on

Doug