kvk

Port is open but not able to connect from internet

HI all,

I am trying to view a cam from internet. I got a domain from noip.com and did the port forwarding in my Dlink Router. I see my port is open in 'canyouseeme.org'. I am able to view the cam in my mobile outside the network but not in my PC. What could be the problem. Please help.

Edited by Guest

Did you verify that the port you chose was not one of the many ports reserved for dedicated use? Some of those are blocked by ISP's for various reasons.

Try rebooting your router. I've had a case where everything appeared to be open, and I was able to view the cameras locally on my iphone, but it wasn't until I rebooted the router that I was able to see them from the outside world. Good Luck.

Different cameras require different ports to be open. Asian cameras tend to require two ports be open, Euro cameras usually require just the HTTP port to be open.

Thanks for all your replies.

The port i have given to the camera is not reserved for any other use. I tried changing ports but of no use . Also i have restarted the router many times. I have opened two ports (http,udp) for the camera. I am able to view the camera from outside world through my mobile but not with my pc.

Please help

Are you using Internet Explorer and not chrome? Chrome usually needs IE tab plug-in to make it work. Also, you've got your active-x settings right? Also are you entering your No-ip address with the port you're using, like

yourcams.no-ip.biz:89

I am using Internet Explorer with activex controls enabled. Yes. I am using the no-ip address with port number..

Whenever i login from outside network, it says 'failed to connect'

Have you enable dyn settings in the router and chosen No-ip from the list and put in your No-ip account info? The router needs that set because it acts as the updater. Also confirm there is no other ports the camera needs open. Which reminds me, what camera are you talking about?

Yes. I have enabled the ddns setting in the router. I have set up a DVR in the work location which i am trying to connect from my home.

Sorry, i dont understand this 'Also confirm there is no other ports the camera needs open. Which reminds me, what camera are you talking about?'

And i have another doubt. Should the HTTP port of the DVR be '80'? I am not able to forward port 80 in my router. When i try it says 'The Access control port 80 is in the external port range, please reset the external port range or the Access Control Service port'. What does this mean?

Many isp's block port 80. There are times if you're a business location that you can request and get port 80 open. My isp will do that for you as long as you also have 'boost' on your account, a higher level package. Short of getting port 80 open, use another port and forward that port, such as 89, etc.

Hi

It could be that your router has reserved port 80 for the router management website, suggest that you check that your router is not setup for remote management over port 80, if so move it to another port e.g. 8080 and then try again

I am using Internet Explorer with activex controls enabled. Yes. I am using the no-ip address with port number..

Whenever i login from outside network, it says 'failed to connect'

Can you ping the IP address itself? It could be that your ISP's DNS cache does not have your DDNS provider included so the DNS lookup is failing. You should be able to see that if you ping the IP address and then ping the DDNS provider's domain. Also, how are you testing the outside the network stuff? I typically tether to my cell phone and do it that way, easier than going down the street to Starbucks.

I just typed the ip address with port number in the browser and checked. Getting the same error message. I test it outside the network by connecting from my home PC (DVR is at my office). As i said, I am able to view the DVR from my mobile in remote

I just typed the ip address with port number in the browser and checked. Getting the same error message. I test it outside the network by connecting from my home PC (DVR is at my office). As i said, I am able to view the DVR from my mobile in remote

That probably means that you have open/forwarded the data/mobile port, but not the web port...

1. Your ISP could be blocking your HTTP port. You can trying changing it your DVR to something other than 80, 81, or 8080. You'll then need to edit your existing port forwarding settings. Use this site to scan your ports: https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2. If they're displaying as "Stealth", that almost always means that your ISP is blocking the port.

2. You're using a browser incompatible with your DVR. Try using IE as it's compatible with almost any DVR.

3. Active X usually needs to be enabled to it's entirety at first before you're able to bring up your feed. As this causes most browsers to have a fit about security settings, just add your DVR as a trusted site once you get logged in and then tell your browser to fix the settings for you.

I checked both the mobile and http ports in 'canyouseeme.org' and both were open..

Anything else to be checked???

Could security software on the computer you are trying to access the cameras with be blocking it?

I am able to view the cam in my mobile outside the network but not in my PC

If you are not testing from ouside your home network, it is not a valid test. If it works on your mobile, then the port is obviously working.

What model is your DVR, and are you using default ports? For example a QVIS DVR usually uses

mobile monitor port =34599

HTTP port 34567 (for your Remote client software)

TCP port 80 (try one in the range 81-89)

and RTSP port 554 (Realtime Stream Protocol)

Even if you are not using all the ports it pays to open them all since they may be needed in furure.

I find that opening the RTSP port even though I don't always need it, always appears to help.

I am using H.264 Standalone DVR and DLINK DLS-2730U router. The default http port in my DVR is 80. But i am not able to port forward it in my router. When i try it throws an error 'Access Control Service port 80 is in the external port range, Please reset the external port range or the Access control Service port'

I changed the Access control Service port (http) from 80 to 81. Even then i am not able to forward the port 80..

Please help..