empedokles

Beware of CCTV CAMERA CHINA Aliexpress seller

The Aliexpress seller CCTV CAMERA CHINA won't take my defective camera DS-2CD2632F-I back. (It never worked, obvisiously because of a defective network card).

He first said I have to pay for the return-shipping to China. When I said that I won't do that (and it's not my duty to pay for their mistake) he offered to replace it with a DS-2032. When I told him, that's not what I paid for, he ignored any further messages. Definitely a bad way of treating customers: What can I do, what would you do?

The Aliexpress seller CCTV CAMERA CHINA won't take my defective camera DS-2CD2632F-I back. (It never worked, obvisiously because of a defective network card).

He first said I have to pay for the return-shipping to China. When I said that I won't do that (and it's not my duty to pay for their mistake) he offered to replace it with a DS-2032. When I told him, that's not what I paid for, he ignored any further messages. Definitely a bad way of treating customers: What can I do, what would you do?

Asking the buyer to pay return shipping for a defective product is actually a pretty typical thing (Amazon's policy notwithstanding). I've had to do this with many reputable vendors.

What would I do? Well, I wouldn't have purchased directly from a China seller in the first place, I would have dealt with a domestic distributor even if it meant paying a little bit more.

I wonder if there is a way to contact Aliexpress itself. Stuff like this would tend to hurt business with their other sellers, so they might have some incentive to work with the seller and you to get this resolved.

And did you use a credit card? Could you dispute charges with credit card company?

The return shipping should depend on whose fault it is:

Seller's fault such as wrong item, DOA item, missing items, seller should pay return shipping.

Buyer's fault for ordering the wrong item, expecting too much out of a camera, ordering camera that isn't compatible with their NVR. Buyer should pay return shipping.

Amazon follows these rules too..i had to pay shipping to return when i didn't need the item anymore cause it was my fault. but when the item was defective they pay for return shipping.

but in your case the seller SHOULD pay return shipping but they would lose so much money just to shipping, so they are choosing to ignore you.

What would I do? I would only buy from Amazon or ebay US sellers if i'm an end user and can't open a dealer account with a distributor.

The problem is really Congress and our postal service. Congress approved a bill that would subsidize small shipments from China to the U.S. to help drag out economy into the toilet. It's called e-packet and they can ship a product to you cheaper than anyone in the U.S. can ship it to you. The problem is there's no reciprocity, meaning, you can't ship from the U.S. to them for the same price. To give you are real world example, they can send a camera to you for a few bucks, maybe $5, but to send it back the same exact way, with tracking, 1 week delivery it's about $80 (ouch), Fedex 3-5 day is $105 (bigger ouch).

The good is they can offer 10 year warranties, money back guarantees for life, who cares, because it will cost you almost what the camera is worth to ship it back and they know that all too well, hence why they are so eager to tell you to ship it back. Even if they made a mistake, even if they sent you a bad camera on purpose, they will never pay for return shipping.

So what can you do about it, honestly, as the congressman for you district to redo ePacket to have reciprocity, if they pay $5 to send it here, we want to pay $5 to send it back. It's very easy to do, go to this website - http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ Enter your zip code, find your representative, click the email icon and send him your thoughts. Tell him we want the same shipping rates back to China that e-Packet provides for China.

I think going through your credit card company is the only way to deal with Aliexpress issues. From what i'm aware Aliexpress policy is the buyer pays the return shipping even on DOA.

Can anyone recommend a good Ali express seller?. I need a DS-2CD2532-IS.

This is the trade-off for the much lower prices on AE. You don't get the same support policies.

If you're buying enough cameras, you can save enough on AE to buy a spare, but if you're just buying one or two, the savings can be eaten up if you need to return anything.

I think going through your credit card company is the only way to deal with Aliexpress issues. From what i'm aware Aliexpress policy is the buyer pays the return shipping even on DOA.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-English-version-Hikvision-3MP-IP-Dome-Camera-Waterproof-DS-2CD2532F-IS-Support-Audio-Alarm-SD/1670823586.html

FYI,i purchased six Hikvision domes and one Hikvision NVR (7608 NI/SE-P) through this Aliexpress seller,all is ok.

http://www.aliexpress.com/buyerprotection/how_do_i_open_a_dispute.html

This is a best way.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-English-version-Hikvision-3MP-IP-Dome-Camera-Waterproof-DS-2CD2532F-IS-Support-Audio-Alarm-SD/1670823586.html

FYI,i purchased six Hikvision domes and one Hikvision NVR (7608 NI/SE-P) through this Aliexpress seller,all is ok.

That price for that camera is not that good though...its only around $10-15 less than what people sell them for in the US, which defeats the whole purpose of alieexpress. If it was like $110 when other sells them for $199 then its worth it. But that camera is still pretty new maybe it will go down in price.

I wonder if there is a way to contact Aliexpress itself. Stuff like this would tend to hurt business with their other sellers, so they might have some incentive to work with the seller and you to get this resolved.

And did you use a credit card? Could you dispute charges with credit card company?

Unfortunately the timeframe is very unfortunate and I missed it. This might also be a problem for the credit card company dispute I will file immediately.

Amazon follows these rules too..i had to pay shipping to return when i didn't need the item anymore cause it was my fault. but when the item was defective they pay for return shipping.

but in your case the seller SHOULD pay return shipping but they would lose so much money just to shipping, so they are choosing to ignore you.

Precisely. They won't respond anymore.

I can confirm that Amazon has a good service. I had to return a Jacket once and they paid.

What's all the hype with these hikvision cameras?

Are they better than dahua?

camera quality wise, Hikvision products should be better than Dahua.

Hikvision is more focus on engineering resource and production.

Dahua is more about marketing and the next best thing.

Dahua actually outsource most of their production, and even their software is outsourced.

What's all the hype with these hikvision cameras?

Are they better than dahua?

It's the flavor of the month. Last year it was Dahua, this year it's Hikvision. The biggest difference is price, the Hikvision bullets/domes tend to be cheaper, but not to be outdone, Dahua is coming out with it's competing line and should get those to test soon (sitting in U.S. Customs over the weekend. I can tell you bar none, Dahua leads in PTZ with not only very good PTZ, but widest range of product I've seen from anyone.

The two companies are next to each other, so not uncommon to have a family have workers at both plants.

Out of the inexpensive stuff, I can't really say what's better, it depends on what properties you value.

Jeremy

I am thinking of ordering a camera from the seller you recommended. Have you had any reason to raise a aftersales query/return a camera?.

It seems after sales is where it falls apart with these sellers as per the OP. Thanks

They are all the same, trust me, none of them will pay return shipping because return shipping is so high. At best they may just take your word for it and give you a credit of $20-30 towards your next order. I've bought cheap items like SD card that were worthless from a seller with thousands of positive feedback and returning them was fruitless. Yes, they said return it and they will issue a refund but cost of returning it exceeded the purchase cost. Consider the cost of doing business in a foreign land. This is my experience and I buy a lot in China, from access control to cameras, but try to not use Aliexpress.

I'd just like to avoid the sellers who wont reply as per the OP.

Things sometimes go wrong and we all accept that, its finding the sellers who will be reasonable/do the right thing if there is a genuine problem.

Ive gone ahead and placed the same order with store 'E&M' and store 'Huaben'

Both full English versions. Will see how many days each takes to arrive.

If anyone can recommend any other Aliexpress sellers I would appreciate the info.

My only purchase was with Safe Camera Technology (HK) Co., Limited, and I would avoid them. My Hikvision cameras took almost 2 months to come, and customer service with "Tony" was terrible. He took many days to return emails, lots of excuses, apologies, broken promises and blaming DHL for the delay. Don't know if the English version cameras I ordered were hard to get from Hikvision, but I was really scared I had been scammed. Finally got the cameras and they're working well but it was not a good experience.

Joe

I have been using http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DS-2CD2532F-IS-w-Audio-Hikvision-camera-3MP-Mini-dome-Camera-w-3D-DNR-Up-to/1676110428.html they include DHL delivery in their prices and know enough about the firmware changes with 5.1.6 to let you know if you end orering the Chinese firmware or the 'futureproof' English version. The prices were comparable with the others and slightly negotiable and with DHL included my last order was in my hands within 3 working days after shipment so I was pleased - I am currently awaiting a 2532 from them

my last order was in my hands within 3 working days after shipment so I was pleased - I am currently awaiting a 2532 from them

Thanks. I wish i had known that before, the DHL delivery would have been nice.

I also ordered the 2532. Ive just paid $157 from E&M and $185 from Huaben both are using china post

Newbie here, but I just got a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I from CCTV Camera China, based on a recommendation elsewhere on this forum (or perhaps another one...I did so much research it's hard to say now).

I just wanted to say that my camera was delivered to Calif 9 days after I placed the order (via free epacket) , it was exactly as advertised and they had the best price.

Of course the true test of the value of a vendor is when things go wrong and how they handle it. I didn't have any problems although when I went to put feedback on their website, I noticed the price had gone down about $10. I emailed Julia Li there and after a bit of Chinese<->English translation issues, she told me they don't offer price protection but that she'd credit me the difference on a future order.

So bottom line, I had a good experience and I plan on buying from them again....at least until I have an issue that I don't think was handled fairly.

I have been using http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DS-2CD2532F-IS-w-Audio-Hikvision-camera-3MP-Mini-dome-Camera-w-3D-DNR-Up-to/1676110428.html they include DHL delivery in their prices and know enough about the firmware changes with 5.1.6 to let you know if you end orering the Chinese firmware or the 'futureproof' English version. The prices were comparable with the others and slightly negotiable and with DHL included my last order was in my hands within 3 working days after shipment so I was pleased - I am currently awaiting a 2532 from them

thanks i placed a order with them

Great, I just purchased 5 cams from CCTV CAMERA CHINA.

How long after delivery was it before you asked to return?

Did you go through the AliExpress dispute process?

Did you leave them feedback?

Please keep us up to date on this, thanks!