empedokles

Beware of CCTV CAMERA CHINA Aliexpress seller

So I just ordered 3 x DS-2CD2532 (4mm) from 3 different Aliexpress sellers. Below my 'sales' experience.

Fiona.

Arrived 7 days from order

English version

Hauben

Arrived 15 days from order

English version

E&M Security Center

Arrived 17 days from order

English version

*** sent me a 2.8mm version . They acknowledge the mistake was theirs and asked me to return it at my cost. It would cost me $50 with USPS :/

This is the second time a Aliexpress seller has sent me the wrong item. It's frustrating.

They should really be forced to pay return shipping when the wrong item is sent.

It is good to see U.S. sellers are now 'finally' stocking this camera model.

What's all the hype with these hikvision cameras?

Are they better than dahua?

I have a couple of Dahua's (rebranded as "Q-SEE") and four HikVision DS-2CD2032-I's.

Can't cite a model for Dahuas bc there's none to be found, but the "Device Name" defaults to "TZC2FU00802037" and the BlueIris driver used is "Dahua H.264 RTSP" if that's any clue.

There's no comparison in performance/$ and I find the Dahua's quite troublesome to log in to.

What would I do? Well, I wouldn't have purchased directly from a China seller in the first place, I would have dealt with a domestic distributor even if it meant paying a little bit more.

^this, especially any seller associated with AliBaba. I've heard so many horror stories about AliBaba and its derivatives that I would not touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Domestic prices aren't that bad either. Just look at it as paying for warranty. Domestic is usually 3 years while alie's warranty is nonexistent since they make you ship it back to them first...and that will be like $50 per camera just for shipping...then they ship it back to you and not sure if they charge you again for it.

Got my order in today, I'm a little confused.

Ordered 1- NVR 8CH DS-7608NI-SE/P & 5 - DS-2CD2032-I.

The NVR 8CH DS-7608NI-SE/P shows 8 POE ports on the data sheet.

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2014011001572397147.pdf

The one I received from CCTV Camera China has only 4 POE ports.

Looking at their now defunct listing (they no longer carry it?) it does (now?) say 4 POE ports.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-NVR-8CH-DS-7608NI-SE-P-Network-Video-with-4-independent-PoE-network-interfaces-Up/1573780442.html

Did they make a 4 port DS-7608NI-SE/P or did they flash a DS-7604NI-SE/P with DS-7608NI-SE/P firmware?

Any helpful suggestions appreciated.

645000977_DatasheetDS_7608NI-SE8Pcrp.jpg.66fe5c1264b14c102dccd255e668a5da.jpg

They do make a 8 ch with 4 poe but its not that popular . you can check the real model if you go to main menu->maintenance-> system info. (Also should tell you when u login on computer) if it says 7604 then they sent u a 4 ch one.

7608 it is.

My bad, missed the forest in the trees.

This is the chance you take when ordering from non US distributors, my bad.

Looks like I'll be keeping it, so now I'll have to make it work with 5 -6 cameras.

That entails a stand alone POE injector and routing through a switch? How do I set up the NVR to see the "extra" streams.

Point the NVR to their IP's?

Anyone ever dealt with this type of Hik set up?

Good u got the 8 ch machine!

Just connect everything to the router.

There is a camera menu under the main menu, go there to detect your camera in the network and add to your NVR. The user manual explains it pretty well.

Thanks milkisbad, I'm thinking I may just take the hit and send it back.

Buying a POE switch and networking the cams individually through a router are more complications than I want to deal with.

If I went that route I might as well run it from my server.

What's the worse outcome... I pay return shipping or sell it to someone at a discount?

I'm willing to pay a little more for the right NVR from a US distributor with a 3 year warranty.

Anyone want a deal on this?

If setting up is the problem, i'm sure the kind-hearted people on this forum will help you ~ Its not that hard to set up.

How much did you pay for it from aliexpress?

If setting up is the problem, i'm sure the kind-hearted people on this forum will help you ~ Its not that hard to set up.

How much did you pay for it from aliexpress?

It's the logistics of putting in the POE switch (extra power outlet) and running extra connections through my routers. The location is a little crowded already.

I paid $359.56 for the NVR and $467.5 for 5 DS-2CD2032-I cams.

The good news is Julia Li has given the ok to ship it back at my expense of course for a refund.

I have been pleased with their customer service so far.

Aliexpress have a buyer protection thing, like 30 or 45 days or something, in theory it's plenty of time for the thing to get to you and you to test it properly, I think it's 100% reliable but I've never had to use it.

And yes, you should pay the return shipping. You aren't getting ripped off, you're carrying risk; this is why you charge a markup, to compensate you for this risk.

If this is, like a home hobby thing then that's different -- relish the challenge and learn high precision electroinics and fix the camera!

Seriously though, what are the symptoms? Does it support POE? If so, have you tested it both with and without?

If you get a link light on the network switch then connect a computer to the same LAN with the IP address 192.0.0.128 and run wireshark on it, look for packets from 192.0.0.64. If you see any, then it's fixable.

Shipping it back can cost as much as the camera so they are more than happy to do it knowing most people won't.

Yep, a little over $75 for the NVR with no tracking or insurance.

Guess who is shopping for a POE switch?

This thread is great, as I am about to order some Hikvision gear.

Does anyone have any vendor experience updates to share since the last post?

Are there any camera firmware gotchas to look out for? Earlier in the thread someone made reference to needing to get (or avoid?) a specific version for "future proofing."