catseyenu

Hikvision: Internal NIC IP4 Address & DHCP?

Looking at the NVR Network Config... turned off DHCP & assigned the NVR an IP on my local LAN (192.168.1.10) and rebooted the NVR.

It shows the Internal NIC IP4 Address as being on a different subnet (192.168.254-1). Do I need to assign the internal NIC the same IP (192.168.1.10)?

The NVR is assigning the POE connected camera's an IP on the same 192.168.254-* subnet?

Turning DHCP off doesn't turn it off?

Internal IPv4 Address: You need to configure the internal NIC address, so that IP addresses are

assigned to the cameras connected to the PoE or built-in switch interfaces.

/When all else fails... RTFM

So does this mean it's safe to use the same IP as the NVR for the Internal IPv4 Address?

I'm a little gun shy on this setup as 1 of my 5 2032 cams won't connect to the NVR through POE but works using external power supply & connected to my network switch.

I'm not sure if it's the cam or a setting I changed while playing with it prior to setting up the NVR.

I have the exact same problem. Doesnt seem like many people post enough to help in this forum

Looking at the NVR Network Config... turned off DHCP & assigned the NVR an IP on my local LAN (192.168.1.10) and rebooted the NVR.

It shows the Internal NIC IP4 Address as being on a different subnet (192.168.254-1). Do I need to assign the internal NIC the same IP (192.168.1.10)?

NO

The NVR is assigning the POE connected camera's an IP on the same 192.168.254-* subnet?

Yes

Turning DHCP off doesn't turn it off?

DHCP only apply to Local NIC

On HIKVision POE NVRs they have a seperate range which is 192.168.254.? for each camera. Leave these address as they are as it keeps things hell of alot simpler setting up your cameras.

To set up remote access.

Via "configuration" in the menu go to "network" then enable dhcp and apply. Depending how old the firmware is it will do 1 of 2 things. It will automatically all the credentials on that page to what the NVR has got from your network. Alternatively if that does not happen you will need to go back to main menu then to "maintenance" and to "network". In this part you find all the details that your nvr has assigned for remote network access. Take note of these details and go back to "configuration" and "network". Once here untick the DHCP box and manually input all the details noted from other menu then click apply. You will also need to port forward 3 ports on your internet router to the local ip address for remote access. the ports are 80 , 8000 , 554 . You can either enable and pick your own DDNS address vi configuration menu or use your property external IP address via HIKVisions iVms-4500 app.