kandcorp

Avermedia + IP Camera

You can do it with the Avermedia DVR cards.

I don't think avermedia have such product...can anyone post info... thanks a lot!!!

You can do it with the Avermedia DVR cards.

I don't think avermedia have such product...can anyone post info... thanks a lot!!!

For the latest version of AVerMedia version 5.5 application with NV5000 main card(s) customer could set their IP-Camera function to access IP carmeras and record it.

We now suppport famous IP cameras brand such as Axis,Vivoteck,panasonic etc...

For detail information please kindly contact our local distributors.

We currently have tested a 16 Channel Avermedia Card connected to 4 different IP cameras from 4 different locations. Basically we have mapped channel 1-4 with their proper IP addresses and passwords(IP CAMS). On top of that channels 5-8 are from 4 other Aver DVR locations. Channels 9-16 are local cameras here at the office.

So basically, standing in front of the DVR you are looking at 8 remote locations and 1 local. Pretty impressive stuff.

These Aver cards are really performing as they should. No glitches, no problems.

I tested Avermedia about a year and a half ago and found everything was good except there remote view. The remote view was very very choppy compared to GeoVision. Has there product improved to be at least comparable with geovisions webcam yet? I really wanted to deal with Avermedia back then since there main office in Milpitas is only an hour away from us rather than in Taiwan.

Hey Spy,

A lot has changed since 1 1/2 years ago. It is better than GEO now. The remote view especially. Visit www.cctvbuyers.com/demo and click on the first link. This is only a 120FPS 16 channel. Make sure to right click the Screen and change vid quality to high. Also, if you have a decent vid card, turn direct draw ON (Bottom Left). You can also download the remote console from there and use that.

I will have to try it when I get to our shop. Here I only have dial-up and your demo is much slower the Geo. I can only get .4 fps on you demo yet when I go to our shop system I get 3.5fps. This was the problem before that Aver had a slow frame rate on the remote view. Our shop system is also a 120 fps system on Slow DSL 168 up. I did like the standalone demo. It looked good but I had a problem with it shutting down my browser. Maybe its a dialup/laptop issue

why is the color all off? Quality is very very low, is there a way to make it better from the web interface?

Color isn't off...

If you download the remote console, and log in as admin you can change settings.

You can right click the screen and turn the quality to high. Also, turn direct draw on. I am getting 7.5fps here on the LAN and have no problem from home when I connect.

Try using remote console. Second button up on the right (the one with the remot on it)

Edited by Guest

nevermind, downloaded the console thing .. better quality, though probably just cheap cameras ..? Anyway it works fine, the playback was a little buggy though ... but neat none the less.

yep, speed wasnt an issue ... seemed fine in that respect. In fact thats where Geo's webcam has issues, needs a fast connection, when using high quality cameras.

Its okay, but nothing special .. the camera I mean ..or maybe its just not focused properly ..

Looks better. I agree with Rory that the 550 line camera is just OK. Some of you other cameras look as good if not better. The system seems to have improved alot wit many more features. The standalone looked good as well for a inexpensive standalone.

Yea the stand alone has been a big seller. Very Stable, pretty much featureless. But, for a entry level "set it and forget it" DVR it does the job.

Haven't had one problem yet.

I am going to see if I can get someone to focus cam 1 and 2. Nobody takes any pride in there online demos anymore.

Hey Spy,

A lot has changed since 1 1/2 years ago. It is better than GEO now. The remote view especially. Visit www.cctvbuyers.com/demo and click on the first link. This is only a 120FPS 16 channel. Make sure to right click the Screen and change vid quality to high. Also, if you have a decent vid card, turn direct draw ON (Bottom Left). You can also download the remote console from there and use that.

It looked better than I expected. Nice setup, but why only 4 fps? I've gotm a 6/6 mbit conection.

We keep the FPS down to preserve bandwidth. You should be getting at least 7.5 fps.

I was getting over 17, the interface looks good. I think I'm going to try one of these.

I saw the remote viewing capabilities of a system based on VPON technology. I researched it and it's a Linux DOM based system and the manufacturing company is Aegis Micro located in Southern California. The technology's remote viewing quality was close to streaming and had excellent quality! Very low choppiness! All I needed to do was install some downloaded plugins using a web browser. Anyone interested in the web address?

I tested Avermedia about a year and a half ago and found everything was good except there remote view. The remote view was very very choppy compared to GeoVision. Has there product improved to be at least comparable with geovisions webcam yet? I really wanted to deal with Avermedia back then since there main office in Milpitas is only an hour away from us rather than in Taiwan.

I saw the remote viewing capabilities of a system based on VPON technology. Anyone interested in the web address?

Yes, PM me the address please. VPON have just make me an incredible offer but I'm rather skeptical about their products.