homeless2

Viewing DVR on PDA?

Does remote viewing through PDA work as long as the PDA has a web browser and internet connection? Can i log in as though the PDA was a regular PC?

Or do i need special software/applications from the DVR manuafacturer?

Anyone knows how all this DVR-PDA works?

most of the PC DVRs come with PDA software, otherwise unless the DVR has javascript browser refresh software it wont work, as ActiveX is made for full Windows, they would have also had to make a seperate activeX with Pocket PC developer like Visual Basic Pocket PC, and then I still cant say whether ActiveX even works on Pocket PC.

video-insight.com has killer PDA viewing capabilities!

Really? I'm a collector of PDA View for PPC. Thomas, care to email me a trial?

Those of you that need PDA View software for PPC can PM me for demo/url to download. So far Diginet PDA view is still the best!

I have the tested the following PDA View.

1.I-View

2.Diginet

3.Crypto

4.Alnet

5.Geovision

6.Avermedia

7.Softwell

8.Axis

9.Intellinet

10.Activewebcam(Any browser with Java would do)

11.Go1984(Any browser with Java would do)

12.InetDVR

And some others that I have forgotten!

The right PDA with a large enough screen can RDP in, few PDAs have wifi and can display 800x600 though. You would also need to secure the wifi through VPN or something.

EDIT: You can also use FTPed images and plain old html but no video and you may have refresh issues if you have multiple PDAs of different makes.

http://www.demovi.com/VideoInsight/Pages/camerasm.aspx

We don't run as a client side app but a server side app so there is nothing to download, nothing to install.

No picture on my PDA. Java or ActiveX? It works on my desktop though.

wont work on my pda either, desktop ok.

PDA works with GEO, good idea the app at the server side,any tips on how to make it go Tom?

ill have the Geo JS thing up in a minute to test .. send me a PM.

You'll need to install a 3rd party browser eg. Thunderhawk or Opera for the PPC. PIE cannot handle Java.

Javascript & Java is totally different!

Have sent you a PM earlier, Rory!

When I first started in this industry a little less then a couple years ago Telexper came in and showed us the latest and greatest. Told us how it could be view remotely with a dial up and on PDA's and even a cell phone. So of course being new and very interested to see if they were just blowing smoke we made them show us and sure enough there it was on a cell phone!! I carry a stand alone thats supposed to be capable of this with certain phones like Verizon/Motorola/T-mobile using some java app. My phone is a multi media phone has a camcorder with 40 secs of video, SPrint TV and many other features but it wouldn't do it. Is there something I am missing or can do to make this work? or is it just that particular dvr??

Is there something I am missing or can do to make this work? or is it just that particular dvr??

You have to give the exact model of the phone. Different phones have diiferent OS so it depends on what model you have.

Are you using Netfront? It should work. You can try Opera Mini if Netfront don't but it seems this phone do not have any OS but can support J2ME. Strange that you cannot view Rory's site!

We are using Javascript, not Java. I'm not sure why you are having problems with IE on PPC, we have it running on a Dell Axiom PPC right here.

Mine's an X50v (Dell) and it wont work using the link you provided, it may well work on a lan though?

Having similar problem with SS view in geo on a Nokia N70 which is symbian platform, can get host info but no jpeg or camera view.

Anyone point me towards a good software package i can buy for symbian to view geo that refreshes the server automatically?