aurmol

Hdcvi vs ip vs HD-Sdi 1080p samples

I have ip cams already and want to buy another cctv for another location. I want to try the Hdcvi or Hd-sdi since I want zero latency for live view. But I heard the Hdcvi is just low bitrate version of the HD-SDI.. and a dahua ip cam is better in quality than its Hdvci offering. Can anyone give a image sample of Hdcvi vs Hd-sdi vs ip? Are Hdcvi really that bad? I can't find an HD-SDI brand with manual alarm output.. so I seem to be stuck with either Hdcvi or another ip (but hate the latency).

HD-SDI is pure digital. HDCVI/HDTVI/AHD are modified analog signals. So the latency in all this systems is always close to 0.

HD-SDI has BY FAR the clearest picture in all this protocols and also the same happens if it is compared with IP Cameras, because of it's uncompressed digital stream.

But it has also some severe drawbacks like that problems with interferences which are caused by gsm phones and cell transmitting equipment and the inability to connect them through CAT 5/6 network cables without using super expensive baluns.

I have ip cams already and want to buy another cctv for another location. I want to try the Hdcvi or Hd-sdi since I want zero latency for live view. But I heard the Hdcvi is just low bitrate version of the HD-SDI.. and a dahua ip cam is better in quality than its Hdvci offering. Can anyone give a image sample of Hdcvi vs Hd-sdi vs ip? Are Hdcvi really that bad? I can't find an HD-SDI brand with manual alarm output.. so I seem to be stuck with either Hdcvi or another ip (but hate the latency).

Here is 2 clips of a 1.3Mp CVI cam recorded @720p Day & Night

WIJMfd2hYtg

zyadAQ9hm5s

1080p SDI Speed Dome

JpFV9A7dVVE

I686QQ2h4lo

I can't find this in the net. Can you turn WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) on and off in the Hd-cvi? If not.. is their default on or off?

I can't find this in the net. Can you turn WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) on and off in the Hd-cvi? If not.. is their default on or off?

Here is a clip with WDR and what is it you want to find online?

7jSasyX_9BQ

7jSasyX_9BQ

I wonder why there are zero review of the image qualities of the hdcvi, ahv, hdtvi compared to ip cam in the net.

What key did you press to bring up the cam setup menu in the hdcvi dvr? In the ip cam, you need to get inside each cam to adjust the wdr.. the nvr menu and even smart pss can't make you adjust them the same you did..

7jSasyX_9BQ

I wonder why there are zero review of the image qualities of the hdcvi, ahv, hdtvi compared to ip cam in the net.

What key did you press to bring up the cam setup menu in the hdcvi dvr? In the ip cam, you need to get inside each cam to adjust the wdr.. the nvr menu and even smart pss can't make you adjust them the same you did..

1.3Mp to 2MP Hdcvi cam have built in OSD controllable via DVR PTZ option, even Smart PSS can bring up the menu & do like what I did on the DVR.

261339_1.jpg

Many people dislike Hdcvi and other analogs because they have poorer contrast. But Hdcvi are 3 times cheaper than ip cam. Now if you get 3 pcs of 1080p Hdcvi and put it in your target area versus just 1 pc of 1080 ip cam. Would the ip cam still resolve more than 3 pcs of hdcvi (same price)??

If yes. Then I'd get an ip cam. If no. Then i'd get 3 pcs of hdcvi for the same price as 1 ip cam. Pls. advice. Thanks.

where did you get the idea that cvi is 1/3 the cost of ip?

Even if that were true, you would need a much larger NVR to handle the added cameras.

where did you get the idea that cvi is 1/3 the cost of ip?

Even if that were true, you would need a much larger NVR to handle the added cameras.

Just checking the price. It's exactly 2.45 times.

You can get 2.45 times of this

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/hac-hfw2200s-517.html

with 1 pc of this

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hfw4200e-509.html

2 months ago I got 3 pcs of this. If I got the Hdcvi.. I could have gotten 3x2.45 = 7.35 pcs of the hdcvi's at same price.

I dont understand show me a link with prices...how much did you pay for each?

Also you need to compare the cvi to this, which is the same design...not to a totally different design IPC-HFW4200S

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hfw4200s-397.html

I live in another country. They don't have the 4200S. Only the 4200E where I bought 3 pcs.. then realized the cvi costs 2.45 times less. The 4200S and 4200E both have the same 1/2.8" sony sensor and everything the same except I think the housing and the IR leds.. don't you agree?

I should have gotten the 3mp aptina sensor as buelllkingle reports has better dynamic range than the sony exmor.

I used them at business. Now I need another set of cctv for my home and wondering whether to get cvi or the 5mp ip cam to monitor the doorway.

Do you have any idea how exactly they modify the analog output of the cvi to travel in the coaxial? Like can you put a monitor direct to the cvi? what conversion logarithm say an adaptor must need to convert the signal to that of standard video?

Also you need to compare the cvi to this, which is the same design...not to a totally different design IPC-HFW4200S

I live in another country. They don't have the 4200S. Only the 4200E where I bought 3 pcs.. then realized the cvi costs 2.45 times less. The 4200S and 4200E both have the same 1/2.8" sony sensor and everything the same except I think the housing and the IR leds.. don't you agree?

I should have gotten the 3mp aptina sensor as buelllkingle reports has better dynamic range than the sony exmor.

I used them at business. Now I need another set of cctv for my home and wondering whether to get cvi or the 5mp ip cam to monitor the doorway.

Do you have any idea how exactly they modify the analog output of the cvi to travel in the coaxial? Like can you put a monitor direct to the cvi? what conversion logarithm say an adaptor must need to convert the signal to that of standard video?

CVI signal cannot be view using a normal monitor. The CVI chip is actually a transport for the HD signal. In simple terms, Camera side encode & the DVR side decode. Currently only encounter CVI fiber converter & yet to have seen CVI to Analog.

And if you compare the distributor pricing for HAC-HFW2200S & PC-HFW4200S it is about double. End user pricing may varies due to company markup.

CVI signal cannot be view using a normal monitor. The CVI chip is actually a transport for the HD signal. In simple terms, Camera side encode & the DVR side decode. Currently only encounter CVI fiber converter & yet to have seen CVI to Analog.

And if you compare the distributor pricing for HAC-HFW2200S & PC-HFW4200S it is about double. End user pricing may varies due to company markup.

You are one of the few users of hdcvi here.. so you believe there is very poor dynamic range in the images in all models? Do you think it's because the encoding remove the data or they just should cheap lens to begin with. Do all pictures you take are faded like grey mists over the image? I want to know what exactly caused it.

Most people elsewhere including my local distributor believes sdcvi even beats ip cam in image quality without testing (bec they just see no latency) so they would soon be selling them as basic.. the d1 analog and the more ip cams would be faced out.. only items left are the hbcvi.. because they told me and try to convince me the hdcvi totally beat ip cam because of "superior image quality bought up by zero latency).

They are lying to you, ip cameras are not going anywhere...The is very little latency in ip cameras (few hundred millisecond), if set up properly. Even if it was 2 seconds, there are very few applications where that would matter.

CVI has lots of drawbacks..here are some

1) limited DVR's,

2) not POE

3) must homerun cables to the DVR(this can add substantial cost to some projects)

4) cannot stream to more than one device as backup (unless you set up for the dvr to stream to another device, but if the dvr is taken, all recording stops)..With ip the camera can stream to more than one nvr on a network or even to a NAS or second hidden NVR, so if the NVR is stolen its still recording on the nas/NVR...

5)CVI is limited to 1080p

CVI is great if you have the cable infrastructure in place or you need to do really long runs where you cannot place a switch to extend at 100m.

They are lying to you, ip cameras are not going anywhere...The is very little latency in ip cameras (few hundred millisecond), if set up properly. Even if it was 2 seconds, there are very few applications where that would matter.

1) limited DVR's,

2) not POE

3) must homerun cables to the DVR(this can add substantial cost to some projects)

4) cannot stream to more than one device as backup (unless you set up for the dvr to stream to another device, but if the dvr is taken, all recording stops)..With ip the camera can stream to more than one nvr on a network or even to a NAS or second hidden NVR, so if the NVR is stolen its still recording on the nas/NVR...

CVI is great if you have the cable infrastructure in place or you need to do really long runs where you cannot place a switch to extend at 100m.

First time for me to hear about using 2 NVRs on 1 ip cam. Call all ip cam do that? How do you know which can and can't. I have a second extra nvr and one concern of mine is what if the main nvr is stolen. So I may just add that second extra to the network. But all my 4 ip cams are connected to the built-in POE switch of the NVR4204. I can't even access the web server of each 4 ip cam to adjust WDR for example. Do you know of the smallest 4channel poe switch dat can do that? My main nvr is hidden in a very small box and big switch may not fit anymore. Also when you mentioned "must homerun cables to the dvr".. isn't this what we do also when we connect all ip cams to the built-in poe switch of the nvr?

1) limited DVR's,

2) not POE

First time for me to hear about using 2 NVRs on 1 ip cam. Call all ip cam do that? How do you know which can and can't. I have a second extra nvr and one concern of mine is what if the main nvr is stolen. So I may just add that second extra to the network. But all my 4 ip cams are connected to the built-in POE switch of the NVR4204. I can't even access the web server of each 4 ip cam to adjust WDR for example. Do you know of the smallest 4channel poe switch dat can do that? My main nvr is hidden in a very small box and big switch may not fit anymore. Also when you mentioned "must homerun cables to the dvr".. isn't this what we do also when we connect all ip cams to the built-in poe switch of the nvr?

You will need a switch..they are under 50 dollars (4 ports poe)http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SF1008P-100Mbps-8-Port-802-3af/dp/B003CFATT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418521807&sr=8-1&keywords=poe+switch&pebp=1418521607393

I never tested two NVR's, but you can easily do this with 1NVR and say a pc NVR running any vms...with two NVR's they may both be sending settings to the camera (so im not 100 percent certain it will work)...you can also have the cams write to nas..many ip cameras also have SD cards slots in them as well if you want backup...

And yes, you have to home run if you want to use an NVR with built in..but why? Its much simpler to use a switch..

This way, say you have 4 cams on one side of your house and the nvr is on the other, you just need to run a single cable...

1) limited DVR's,

2) not POE

You will need a switch..they are under 50 dollars (4 ports poe)http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SF1008P-100Mbps-8-Port-802-3af/dp/B003CFATT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418521807&sr=8-1&keywords=poe+switch&pebp=1418521607393

I never tested two NVR's, but you can easily do this with 1NVR and say a pc NVR running any vms...with two NVR's they may both be sending settings to the camera (so im not 100 percent certain it will work)...you can also have the cams write to nas..many ip cameras also have SD cards slots in them as well if you want backup...

And yes, you have to home run if you want to use an NVR with built in..but why? Its much simpler to use a switch..

This way, say you have 4 cams on one side of your house and the nvr is on the other, you just need to run a single cable...

I have 2 NVRs.. one is a dahua.. another is jovision.. the jovision can't do motion detect, video detect and can't seem to access the inside of the dahua ip cam...

does this mean the jovision can act as second NVR.. the rule being that you can't use 2 NVRs of the same brand as the ip cam because they both send setting while using another brand NVR would only record and can't send any setting?

Anyone got a theory? It's difficult to access my hidden main NVR and do the testing and I don't have a separate POE switch yet, the 4 existing ip cams are homerun to the NVR poe using 4 separate 20 meters lan cable.

I will get the exterior poe switch next week and experiment with 2 nvr on 1 ip cam... and I've been researching about network switch vs router vs hub, access points the past few hours..

I need to verify something...

So after I bought the 8 port switch with 4 poe ports.. should I plug the nvr to the switch without using a router or should I plug the nvr to a router and the ip cams to the switch... what would be the difference if I connect the nvr to the router port or to the switch port (in this latter imagine the router and nvr and all 4 ip cams connect to the switch).

Without a router, I know I know manually set the ip address of each ip cam and the nvr. If I do this. Then a switch is sufficient and a router not needed (supposing no internet wil be connected)? Hence the purpose of the router is just for internet and auto dhcp (that you can manually do in a pure switch setup)?

I believe you are going to need the router because otherwise the second nvr will not be able to communicate with the cameras...

Isn't it that in the first nvr and external switch.. you plug the nvr to the switch together with the 4 ip cams direct to external switch.. this means switch is sufficient... so why can't a second nvr be connected to the switch too? why a router required assuming no internet would be established.. just want some understanding before I pull out many wires to test the possibility of 2nd Nvr.. thanks

Most people elsewhere including my local distributor believes sdcvi even beats ip cam in image quality without testing (bec they just see no latency) so they would soon be selling them as basic.. the d1 analog and the more ip cams would be faced out.. only items left are the hbcvi.. because they told me and try to convince me the hdcvi totally beat ip cam because of "superior image quality bought up by zero latency).

Who the hell told you any of this? The concept of dropping SD analog or IP from the market is ludicrous. There is always going to be a customer base looking for the cheapest crap out there to get them by, just as there will always be a customer who demands the very best money can buy.

Anyone telling you that anything is HDCVI is better than IP has clearly not examined all of the benefits that IP has to offer. We've been working with HDCVI since 2013. It is a fantastic upgrade to standard analog systems, but in no way does it compare to the quality and benefits of a good IP system.

As has already been mentioned, the only reason to consider HDCVI over IP is if you already have good RG59 cable in place that you can't, or don't want to, replace...or if you're being cheap.

Who the hell told you any of this? The concept of dropping SD analog or IP from the market is ludicrous. There is always going to be a customer base looking for the cheapest crap out there to get them by, just as there will always be a customer who demands the very best money can buy.

Anyone telling you that anything is HDCVI is better than IP has clearly not examined all of the benefits that IP has to offer. We've been working with HDCVI since 2013. It is a fantastic upgrade to standard analog systems, but in no way does it compare to the quality and benefits of a good IP system.

As has already been mentioned, the only reason to consider HDCVI over IP is if you already have good RG59 cable in place that you can't, or don't want to, replace...or if you're being cheap.

+1

+1

I live in a third world country. 99.8% of our cctv uses the 600 tvl analogs. Only 0.2% use ip cam. I am one of them. Suppliers told me they would migrate their customers to hdcvi (many brands use this now) for greater image quality at fraction of cost. No one buys their ip cams anymore (except me and very few you can count with a hand).

Well. For many folks here, ip knowledge is complicated. Imagine a 80 year grandpa who needs to spend 1 year to learn ip technology to install an ip cam, while you just plug the analogs (700tvi or hdcvi) and it's done. Many here loves ip because they are installers and it is their specialty.

That said. I will still get an ip cam. Because I was able to test running 2 NVRs on 1 ip cam and it works

What happens is that second NVR setting overrides that of first so whichever power on last will dictate the ip cam setting used (such as resolution).

All my ip cams are 1080p. I plan to get 5mp to make ip cams even more worth it.

Now is there someone who owns or have tested the dahua 5 mp cams? How is it? The supplier has one stock for the whole 5 months and I'll be the only one to get it if it is good enough. Will wait any review here. Thanks.