Sign in to follow this  
tbbunt

Samsung Smart TV App?

I just had a system installed with Flir cameras and dvr. But the system is not hooked up to my main tv and I was wondering if there was anyway to view it through my smart samsung 55 inch. I can't seem to find a app like you can on mobile devices.

You are not going to find an APP for a smart TV. In all my years doing this work I have never seen or even heard of one...

I just had a system installed with Flir cameras and dvr. But the system is not hooked up to my main tv and I was wondering if there was anyway to view it through my smart samsung 55 inch. I can't seem to find a app like you can on mobile devices.

use and android pc stick..preferably wired, or fire tv...run ipcamviewer....when you want to view the cameras just change the hdmi input...

Your dvr security could be compromised if you leave voice recognition on that smart Samsung TV...

Also, can you now trust that smart Samsung tv to be secure?

Edited by Guest

Your dvr security could be compromised if you leave voice recognition on that smart Samsung TV...

Also, can you trust that smart Samsung tv to be secure from hacking?

Lol...yeah, because the high tech thief is going to first disable the dvr via the tv...

Thanks for all the information. My DVR is in my office but the TV I have in the office won't take the HDMI or VGA cord and just says invalid format. I really want to see the cameras on my main TV in my living room I just don't see how I can since I can't run 200 feet of HDMI or VGA from the office to the living room.

I am not bashing Samsung.

I just like my display devices to be dumb!

Actually, I have many Samsung products (monitors, tv's, cctv cameras, phones)

My first Samsung LCD monitor purchased in 2002 still works today.

Can say their TV's have short life span tho...

Thanks for all the information. My DVR is in my office but the TV I have in the office won't take the HDMI or VGA cord and just says invalid format. I really want to see the cameras on my main TV in my living room I just don't see how I can since I can't run 200 feet of HDMI or VGA from the office to the living room.

Have a look

Winstick

Has WiFi or hard wire connections to network

Winstick.jpg.9af5208f9559dff099ef7eb4ece16586.jpg

Thanks really not trying to have wires all over the house trying to avoid that. Plus the price tag for the extender is pretty steep

Have a look

Winstick

Has WiFi or hard wire connections to network

So that win stick will make it work on the TV that's saying invalid format?

Have you considered using the web viewer through the internet browser on the TV?

If you tv is displaying invalid format when you connect the dvr to it, its most likely because you need to set your dvr to display in 1080p to match the tv... see if it will allow you to set the output resolution using the web interface...

Have you considered using the web viewer through the internet browser on the TV?

Can you explain this a little bit more Synconscious? I have Hikvision IVMS program and run my Dyns through No-ip.com, what website should I go to to view my cameras?

Can you explain this a little bit more Synconscious? I have Hikvision IVMS program and run my Dyns through No-ip.com, what website should I go to to view my cameras?

I am using blue iris so I just log into IP of the NVR on the local network on the TV's integrated web browser. IVMS has the same functionality. Chapter 10 in the manual covers off on how it works