antdickens

Geovision ver 8.0

I think the will probably stick to the release date so they can get some inital feedback from people they see at the show

Hope they have most of the bugs worked out

Well today is supposed to be the day. Just visited their website and it doesn't look like they have it available for download yet?

It is 5:27PM in China so I don't know what is going on. Are they only going to do actually CD shipments first, then downloads later. Or are they just behind schedule?

I new I was going to get caught on that. I realized that right after I pressed the post button, but thought, close enough. Same time zone.

Hrm i was thinking, geovision only works on windows right.. it has some crazy bugs in it.. and never ever ever meets its release date.. it has devious eyes that try to find you even when you're not around (well thanks to rory those eyes are gone) but i've come to a conclusion.. THIS IS A MICROSOFT PRODUCT@!$#@%#@

Their release dates are like Microsoft, but at least Microsoft lets you know ahead of time.

I wonder if they are just going to be shipping version 8 out initially before they update their site with the uprade version?

They should at least update their web site with a status report.

Jasper, why would they do that, that would be waaaay to informative for geo!

Ya know what really sucks to.. I just sold my last of the v3.30 cards, and only have 3 - 4 v3.00 left, and those dont work with the new software. So now i cant even play with it =[

Hi there,

ezCCTV are running the Old for New Program in the UK for all UK GeoVision customers. This is the reason why we have the Version 8 download available on our website.

Thanks

James

Hi there,

ezCCTV are running the Old for New Program in the UK for all UK GeoVision customers. This is the reason why we have the Version 8 download available on our website.

Thanks

James

I thank you for making it available on your website. GeoVision's website has been updated since yesterday to say "Version 8 is Now Available", but the download page still has 7.05 on it? Anyway thanks again. Now just need to get ahold of a manual.

UPDATE: GeoVision appears to be updating their website right now with version 8.

This is what they have available at this moment.

DVR Full Version (v8.0) 03/22/06

Central Monitoring Station Full Version

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/5_0.asp

EDIT: Just tried their links. They don't work yet. Stay tuned...

How embarrassing.

Maybe they need to outsource?

How long after they release the software do they write the manual?

Anybody have a manual even a beta one would be nice?

Is this how GeoVision normally does a release?

dunno, im happy with my custom 7.04 for now ..

unless it can shoot out bullets at the criminal i dont know i need any more features ..

Well the way the release has been handled it makes me less confident in the software. Did it get pushed out too fast? Only the people testing can answer than. I was more interested in their implementation of the H.264 codec more than anything else, but I can wait.

I want to hear some positive feedback on the release before I put it on a live system.

The G22 version will shoot bullets when it is made available. I think they have someone in Canada working on this special advanced version now.

Well the way the release has been handled it makes me less confident in the software. Did it get pushed out too fast? Only the people testing can answer than. I was more interested in their implementation of the H.264 codec more than anything else, but I can wait.

I want to hear some positive feedback on the release before I put it on a live system.

The G22 version will shoot bullets when it is made available. I think they have someone in Canada working on this special advanced version now.

I had 7.1 beta for almost a month and it ran great without a hiccup for 3 weeks non stop. The only thing that didn't work was the instant 10 second to 5 minute playback. That's fixed with version V8.0. V8.0 installed over 7.1 with no reconfiguration. It's well worth the upgrade if your card can run it.

I've had no crashes or glitches at all. 7.1 beta was running about 85% CPU. When I installed v8.0. then I ran the driver update Driveren8000.zip and it "reflashed" the Firmware on my GV1240x16 and CPU usage is now under 50%.