WildCard

How would you configure 18 or 20 cams using Geovision Cards?

Since the 16 cam card is the largest I know of, how would you suggest I quote out a customer looking for a 18 or 20 cam system? Any chance of getting a 16 & 4 cam card, putting them in the same system?

Or is there a different card out there that would be better to use in these type of greater than 16 cam systems?

Thanks!

-WC-

here is a solution by using H.264 cards

For example,

with Intel D915 GAV mother board, a sperated graphic card, and remaining 4 slots inserted with 16 chs H.264 cards.

The total system now is support 64 cameras.

Alternatively, you can use one 16 chs card and one 4 chs card to support 20 cameras.

Note: the up limit of cameras supported in one system mainly depends on the system hardware configuration. Generally speaking, the software compression cards will consume too much system resource such as CPU usage, memory usage,etc, which restricts the camera numbers in one system.

oppositely, hardware compress card such as H.264 card, consume less system resource, which improve the overall performance.

By now, one system supports up to 64 cameras by using H.264 cards.

Hi SC ... which brand do you recommend for this?

Its okay to post a link to the manufacturer.

Thanks

Rory

[EDIT BY MOD: sorry, no out right advertising is allowed here, please read the forum rules]

Yeah, Rory's right. I was looking for one server to do the job of managing two cards' worth of camera management.

Guess it will be two servers for them, thanks all.

-WC-