swchoi89

Looking for decent CCTV system ~$500 Canadian (small store)

I completely missing the Canadian part of it.

I have to side with Boogieman - if you need a 4 camera system you need to look at CVI or TVI cameras from a large retailer (BJs, Costco, etc). You should be able to find something pretty close to your price range.

Stay away from old analog junk. Also, I would use CAT5e/CAT6 cabling with BNC adapters at each end. This allows you to upgrade to IP later, when your budget allows.

Boogieman,

I did read the link that you list, only to find 1 year warranty from the manufacturer. That sounds reasonable. But sorry to find any wordings close to it. Please do not talk and Please show it highlighted in pdf format.

Lifetime warranty could mean different from Lifetime return policy?

You mean you can return the old vaccum cleaner or any electronic equipments that you bought 10 years ago and get brand new one free or cash back?? Please do it and show me the evidence. It could be more paying to you than arguing and getting angry with me. Cool off and Get Cash.

In my thread bove, I never recommended a PC Card for analog cameras. I did a Stand Alone DVR.

As said, you can not always sell a Cannon to be recommended for killing a Roach. May I ask you what do you do for a living?

Boogieman,

I did read the link that you list, only to find 1 year warranty from the manufacturer. That sounds reasonable. But sorry to find any wordings close to it. Please do not talk and Please show it highlighted in pdf format.

Lifetime warranty could mean different from Lifetime return policy?

You mean you can return the old vaccum cleaner or any electronic equipments that you bought 10 years ago and get brand new one free or cash back?? Please do it and show me the evidence. It could be more paying to you than arguing and getting angry with me. Cool off and Get Cash.

In my thread bove, I never recommended a PC Card for analog cameras. I did a Stand Alone DVR.

As said, you can not always sell a Cannon to be recommended for killing a Roach. May I ask you what do you do for a living?

What I do for a living is not relevant here - the point is I have no agenda, unlike you. Lookup the link I sent you. They have a satisfaction guaranteed policy...that means anytime you want you can bring it back. I know lots of people who do that with costco.

"On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell, and will refund your purchase price" this is LIFETIME, not 30 days, not 1 year. They had a problem with computers and other items so they limited SPECIFIC items to 90 days.

Forget about the return policy. Why do you recommend a D1 or 960h system when a 1080p system with warranty costs the same or less? WHY? Instead you recommend junk that has NO warranty and TERRIBLE resolution. Why do you want to screw over innocent folks here on the website.

Go back and reread your posts. You will see that your recommended a dvr card.

You cannon example is terrible logic. If you use a cannon to kill a roach you will damage your home. If you get great 1080p hd picture it will not harm anything. It the same price as the junk you recommended. Its 2015, D1 deserves a quick death, just like CRT tv's.

No one is paying for me to be angry with you. It disturbs me that you are purposely giving bad advice to peddle you products.

Did you bring back the vaccum and get the new one, Dumber?

The vacuum is an example. I personally dont do that. But I have friends who have returned vacuums after 5-6 years, computers after 3 year before they changed the rules, even furniture after 5 years. Yes I know its hard to believe..Do you have google in china? please read about costco...They have a no questions return policy.

Regardless, like I said, dont make this about the return. D1 and 960h should not be installed in 2015.

http://www.bargaineering.com/articles/costcos-incredible-return-policy.html

It is you that started. Go get the new vaccum cleaner and show off, please.

D1 and 960H have many good things, adding to be very very cheap. It is a very rugged system, being around so many years, inter-operable between many different suppliers. The resolution is the same as DVD's. Of course, old CIF based DVR sounds no good these days. It can go easily over 1000 feet, while other HD stuffs are very limited. Be wise.

It is you that started. Go get the new vaccum cleaner and show off, please.

D1 and 960H have many good things, adding to be very very cheap. It is a very rugged system, being around so many years, inter-operable between many different suppliers. The resolution is the same as DVD's. Of course, old CIF based DVR sounds no good these days. It can go easily over 1000 feet, while other HD stuffs are very limited. Be wise.

Yes because the original poster needs to run 1000 feet? BTW CVI can go more than 1000f. Please learn about the technology you are trying to knock. Only very large jobs need more than a 150 feet of cable and trust me, those jobs will not be using your D1 junk equipment. I laugh when you say your junk 30 dollar cameras are "Rugged". How does the fact that its been around help at all. CRT has been around for so many years. You not using a flatscreen monitor/tv? Please learn about the technology you are trying to knock. I already showed you how its 960h is NOT cheaper. You need many more cameras to cover the same area. There is nothing good about D1 and 960h. Its junk. Every time you try and recommend it here I will make sure to point out that your are recommending junk only because your company sells it.

You seem to be upset that I pointed out your scam. Good.

You are always welcome after you can show off that you got a brand new vaccum. I would do that, were in your shoes. Please act before talk. I know you do not carry a big mouth or cannon.

Are you sure that 1080P CVI can go over 1000 feet on a commercial cable in the market? I mean easily obtainable cable in the market.

Do you think its resolution(contrast: high frequency component) can be as good as D1's? Technology-wise, it seems to have a long way to go. That means not compatible between current ones and future ones, not even with different companies's.

It seems your company claiming it and you must believe it. You are sold to it. Please do not peddle your name for booging around here.

You can give me your opinions any time and in any manner. But please do not try to teach me or force me to agree to you. Cheers.

You are always welcome after you can show off that you got a brand new vaccum. I would do that, were in your shoes. Please act before talk. I know you do not carry a big mouth or cannon.

Are you sure that 1080P CVI can go over 1000 feet on a commercial cable in the market? I mean easily obtainable cable in the market.

Do you think its resolution(contrast: high frequency component) can be as good as D1's? Technology-wise, it seems to have a long way to go. That means not compatible between current ones and future ones, not even with different companies's.

It seems your company claiming it and you must believe it. You are sold to it. Please do not peddle your name for booging around here.

You can give me your opinions any time and in any manner. But please do not try to teach me or force me to agree to you. Cheers.

The original poster does not need 1000 feet of distance. So dont even bring it up. The fact that you do proves that you dont understand the needs of the user or this industry. There is NOTHING good about your junk D1 or 960h cameras, not the contrast, NOTHING. You say "your company"..I dont work for anyone..if you look at my posts I recommend various makes of cameras. I dont normally recommend CVI, its transitional until everyone moves to ip. For a new install ip is best. I only mentioned CVI because its MUCH better than the junk your company sells. No one is interested in your DVR cards, analog D1, low resolution junk with NO WARRANTY. Please go sell you low end garbage cameras to third world counties..here in North America, we are not interested - we know better. I know this upsets you, that someone is calling you out because you purposely give bad advice so you can peddle and sell your junk to users.

Also please try to use a better language translator...yours does not seem to work very well.

You are right You do not own anything but North America. You are right You do not work for anyone, but for Mom for milk and bread. I am considering to upgrade my translator while you go and getting a brand new vaccum. Cheers.

You are right You do not own anything but North America. You are right You do not work for anyone, but for Mom for milk and bread. I am considering to upgrade my translator while you go and getting a brand new vaccum. Cheers.

As usual you make no sense. Stop peddling your D1 junk on innocent users!

Ask forum owner to restrict usage of word "Analog"

lol...that would be great.

lol...that would be great.

Good!!!

This thread is great.

Sunny - Costco and Walmart and other major retailers will literally take back anything you have purchased from them. I've seen people return microwaves with food stuck on it that looks 3-4 years old, blenders, etc. That's in just a few minutes of standing near the customer service line. Boogieman is correct on that one, Costco will accept a return if any of the cameras go bad after a few years. I don't know why you don't believe him but it really is true.

It is NOT a warranty from the camera manufacturer but a return to Costco. I'm not sure if they will give you cash or store credit for the item but either way you get money back.

Hi. 1000ft is not a problem with good standard rg59 or rg6 ... Both are good for 1400 .... Then go cat6 will let you go 2000ft on lower res.

CVI is licensed out by dahua so yes compatable with the likes of hikvision

BUT I would still look at installing IP much better for upgrading and adding to

tomcctv,

I just like to have your confirmation. Because you seemed to have installed HD-CVIs on the real field.

Of course, any information/ confirmation from others are welcome.

Can HD-CVI video run 2000 ft on Cat6 line, without any baluns ?

Is it 2000 ft? or 200 ft?

One more: I understand there are so far, 3 types for HD video data being sent over the cable.

HD-CVI, HD-TVI, and HD-AHD. I understand they are not compatible each other.

But do you state they are compatible each other?

Hi. It's good for 1.400 ft on good coax and yes over cat cable you use standard baluns . But you will have to lower res at 2000 ft

Thanks, tomcctv. Very hard to believe. In our lab, with unbranded cables, tough to achieve 200 ft. Anyway, I will put the number in my note.

Thanks, tomcctv. Very hard to believe. In our lab, with unbranded cables, tough to achieve 200 ft. Anyway, I will put the number in my note.

Unbranded cable could be your problem ..... 200ft is that with power over coax ? Try local camera power

But yes your right over distance the res changes which is its downfall

Anyone buying CCTV should design there system to last and that's IP ...... IP cameras will get better and transmission of data is following with the likes of DOCSIS cable

Yes, the test was done in our lab. 200ft in a bundle and a separate local power to camera. The main purpose was to evaluate HD-CVI modulation scheme and trying to come up with our own invention. Thanks again for the numbers.

Hi Everyone,

OK, just got back from a week long vacation. I saw so many comments and now I am soooo confused.

So it seems like it is OK to go with any of the brands that Costco sells? As long as it is an IP Camera?

Please note that CCTV system is only for a small store located inside a shopping mall (less than a thousand square footage in area), preferably with four cameras that can just do its simple task of capturing thieves if needed.

As for the return policy at Costco, I don't mind receiving a store credit as I travel to Costco frequently anyways. Let me know if below items are OK.

Thanks so much for all your input.

http://www.costco.ca/Samsung-4-Channel-960H-DVR-Security-System-with-1-TB-Hard-drive-and-4-720-TVL-Cameras.product.100219696.html

http://www.costco.ca/Lorex-4-Channel-500GB-720p-HDDVR-with-4-HD-Cameras.product.100155304.html

Hi Everyone,

OK, just got back from a week long vacation. I saw so many comments and now I am soooo confused.

So it seems like it is OK to go with any of the brands that Costco sells? As long as it is an IP Camera?

Please note that CCTV system is only for a small store located inside a shopping mall (less than a thousand square footage in area), preferably with four cameras that can just do its simple task of capturing thieves if needed.

As for the return policy at Costco, I don't mind receiving a store credit as I travel to Costco frequently anyways. Let me know if below items are OK.

http://www.costco.ca/Samsung-4-Channel-960H-DVR-Security-System-with-1-TB-Hard-drive-and-4-720-TVL-Cameras.product.100219696.html

http://www.costco.ca/Lorex-4-Channel-500GB-720p-HDDVR-with-4-HD-Cameras.product.100155304.html

neither of those systems is IP...

The first is 960h which is poor resolution (they use 720tvl to make it appear like 720p but its not).

The second is better 720p, but still not an ip system...Its hd over coax

Hi Everyone,

The first is 960h which is poor resolution (they use 720tvl to make it appear like 720p but its not).

Forgive me as I have negative 9000 knowledge in CCTVs.

In the specification, it says System Type: HD IP NVR... which I assumed that it is an IP camera.

So would the Lorex brand still be OK for my purpose? If not, how about this one:

http://www.costco.ca/Lorex%C2%AE-4-channel-High-Definition-Digital-NVR-with-1TB-HDD-%2526-2-HD-1080p-Weatherproof-Cameras.product.100115634.html

Hi Everyone,

Forgive me as I have negative 9000 knowledge in CCTVs.

In the specification, it says System Type: HD IP NVR... which I assumed that it is an IP camera.

So would the Lorex brand still be OK for my purpose? If not, how about this one:

http://www.costco.ca/Lorex%C2%AE-4-channel-High-Definition-Digital-NVR-with-1TB-HDD-%2526-2-HD-1080p-Weatherproof-Cameras.product.100115634.html

The lorex 720p system you linked to above is a CVI system..HD over coax..

The one you lined to for 649 is WAY overpriced...

You can get a much better system for the money