kg6mti

Best place to get these camera's.

Can anyone tell me a good place to get the best price on either of the two camera's below:

Sony SPE-9100EX

Speco HT-7815DNV

Thanks!

Come on all these CCTV experts and professionals and nobody has any input after 14 reviews of the original post.

You guys buy CCTV equipment somebody must be able to recommend a good place to buy these or equal camera's.

Thanks!

Please Check out the advertisers banners.

thanks

Rory

I have. None of the dealers on the banners offer these or even similar camera's.

My specifications are simple:

1. Day/Night camera

2. IR capable

3. Heated housing

4. Reasonable price (under $500)

The above listed camera's meet this criteria.

Anyone have any real recommendations?

DW has some. Anyway, are you a Dealer or End User?

To all others, please read the rules about soliciting.

Thanks

Rory

I am an end user. I have checked Digitalwatchguard.com they are a great company but none of their camera's are sufficient for my requirements.

DW has two camera's that are heated but they do not appear to be worth the price compared to other camera's. Specifically the two I listed in the original post seem to be good camera's from the specs I have seen and actual images I have been able to view. I realize that even the two I listed one is better than the other.

The first one isnt a Sony camera BTW.

Ill pm you when i get back from dinner regarding the Speco.

Amazing 2152 registered user and nobody can provide any information on where to buy any camera's. So far I have only found one source for one of the camera's listed in my original post. This thread has been viewed 93 times and no real good information so far.

I realize that these are lower end camera's to most of you "professionals" out there. But there is a saying that states, "Don't use a shotgun to kill a fly." Simply stated you don't always need a expensive piece of equipment to perform a simple function.

Oh well I guess I am on my own. I do thank the one person that actually sent me a PM with the name of a place to order the 9100EX.

Thanks!

Sorry kg6mti,

I have equipment similar to this but do not carry those exact manuf/models....

There are more and more end user type people on here and chances are those 93 views are from the end users. This site isn't quite built around a commerce type portal, its designed to answer questions based on the camera, not how much and where to purchase them.

Goodluck...

Can anyone tell me the best place to get the best price on a Panasonic WV-CP484?

... I would have Googled the model number too.

There are more and more end user type people on here and chances are those 93 views are from the end users. This site isn't quite built around a commerce type portal, its designed to answer questions based on the camera, not how much and where to purchase them.

What??? I don't agree with your statistical or design analysis; people get suggestions on where to get stuff everyday. Members probably were'nt familiar with those exact models.

Edited by Guest

..., I would have Googled the model number too.

What??? I don't agree with your statistical or design analysis; people get suggestions on where to get stuff everyday. Members probably were'nt familiar with those exact models.

+1

Not to ferget either.. phpbb seems to count ALL clicks/views, not just unique ones. In addition to that, there are constant spiders and bots. We have MSN bots, Yahoo/Google spiders, etc. on our forums 24/7 it seems. Every time I look they are there, whether idle or otherwise.

..., I would have Googled the model number too.

--------------------------------------------------

To all who have commented. I have done many Google searches and found very little. The few online sources that I have found I have been skeptical about ordering from.

I also posted in this thread the requirements for the camera's. I am not only interested in those two camera's. I posted the requirements and I am interested in any camera someone can offer thier opinion on that will sufficiently answer my needs.

Now this thread has been viewed 308 times and only 13 replies. I just can't believe that there is nobody that has any concrete information to offer that can point me to a decent if not great camera that will work for my project.

I belong to other forums for other hobbies that I have and those forums all have other users that can offer advice on different components of the hobby. Many time here other users offer little actual advice or commentary. Many time another user from the other forums doesn't know the exact answer but is willing to point you to a resource on the Internet. Hopefully it is infinitely obvious that anyone can use Google or Yahoo or any other search engine. I would hope that everyone also is aware that it can be tricky knowing what how and what to search for. These camera's are a great example. I noted one of them as a "Sony" and "rory" points our that it is not a "Sony" camera. But "rory" never tells me what make the camera actually is. From the post it appears that "rory" knows what make the camera is.

I am not trying to be a "troll". I just figure that if this is a CCTV forum a user should be able to find information about CCTV equipment.

Thank You!

Edited by Guest

The Speco (Provideo) can be purchased anywhere actually, if you call a Local CCTV/Alarm/Security Supplier/Installer they should be able to get it for you, its a very popular brand in the US - just wont be at the price you are looking for probably.

The other one, dont know what that is, it is OEM so it could be made by any of a hundred or so different Chinese, Taiwanese, or South Korean companies.

Speco is a good one, there are a couple others for a little less $$ but less IR.

What you could do is post a "Want to buy" in the Classifieds section, as members know there is no soliciting in these public forums.

You could also look at KT&C as they also have a large Bullet camera range. also take a glimpse at Eclipse and Mace you maybe able to get something similar and save a couple $$ on the first purchase.

Personally I wouldnt bother with those cameras myself, I would either use a color only and add Lighting such as motion lights, or a BW and add IR if you want. Optionally something like a Sanyo Day Night box camera in a housing with some seperate Extreme CCTV IR would be a much better choice - yes it would cost a couple hundred $$ extra, but be well worth it.

Rory

Ok, now we are getting somewhere.

If I went the route of using a good color camera with security lights what camera (make and model) would any of you suggest?

Thanks!

First I must say that ,I agree with Rory. I use a HT-7815DNV, I also have a couple Speco CVC-550 EX cameras. Both cameras get a good picture through the day. At night, I feel like the 550 along with a street light provides a better picture than the 7815 does with all that IR. Plus, the 550 has the heaters, plus, a 5-50 mil vari focal lens. It's also about 2/3'S the price which allows a little room to ad IR if you should choose.

One more thing, the 550 has a Super Had CCD and thay claim the 7815 has EXview. After using the 550, I truly wonder if the 7815 is realy EXview.

My experience is only with the Speco HEAT cameras. Therefore, someone else might point you in the direction of a better camera for the money. I don't know.

I typically use the GE Housings, and fujinon/Computar Lenses. But the Sanyo One Packs should be good too. I can honestly say that the GE housings have been through multiple hurricanes and also on the beach / harbour side so thats what I stick with now myself.

BTW if you want Day Night, check out something like the Sanyo 4594.

There is a newer model but this one is one of the least expensive True Day Night Box cameras, and also works well with Infrared.

Yes!

This is good stuff!! I am really interested in the color only camera idea since I already have security lights that cover the area. The main problem I have been facing is that since I am close to the ocean in the cold the camera gets condensation on the lens.

I have looked at the HEAT camera's and they seem like they will solve my problems. I just don't know what model to get. I am fairly certain that the main time I need the camera to have a great picture is during the day. But I want to be able to get a reasonable shot at night also.

Keep the great ideas and information coming!

Thanks!