minni1986

IP cameras and POS system

Hi. First can you supply make of nvr ..... some say pos ready but are not 

some cheap pos recorders only replace camera description text .... so only give you room for item and price  ..... not full shop recipe 

if if you don’t have back office then it’s going to be from each register.

what local network do you have between the registers

5 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. First can you supply make of nvr ..... some say pos ready but are not 

some cheap pos recorders only replace camera description text .... so only give you room for item and price  ..... not full shop recipe 

if if you don’t have back office then it’s going to be from each register.

what local network do you have between the registers

I have the Alibi Ali-NVR5332P.  I've attached (attachment in next message) the relevant part of the NVR Manual and also a structure of how the Passport is set up.  I can go thru either the com 9 of client and com 16 of combo - both of which are USB's and require a plug and play USB to serial or utilitize the DMZ port of the secondary router (attached here) to access the information.  This is all I know so far and don't know if its relevant or not.  Thanks again

Passport 3rd party-4.png

Passport 3rd party-6.png

Hi. Thank you for diagrams...... I've got a headache now ?

How many terminals do you have (registers) and what is the distance between cash registers and NVR 

two options I see ..... First is rs232 (db9) to USB .....for com port

second is network from switch before terminals .... But I think that will give you more recipe detail than what you need and we have had problems with handshake in the past that way. 

USB to serial  is the stable option ..... Mirror recipe printer data on serial.

usb serial there are cheap and expensive ..... Use the program ones ...... Any power loss com port stays the same .... You don't want it to move every time system is down.

i have always used moxa equipment.

i can send you a moxa for free if you want to try this way 

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Thank you for diagrams...... I've got a headache now ?

How many terminals do you have (registers) and what is the distance between cash registers and NVR 

I HAVE 2 TERMINALS AND APPROXIMATELY 40FT FROM TERMINALS TO NVR

two options I see ..... First is rs232 (db9) to USB .....for com port

second is network from switch before terminals .... But I think that will give you more recipe detail than what you need and we have had problems with handshake in the past that way. 

USB to serial  is the stable option ..... Mirror recipe printer data on serial.

usb serial there are cheap and expensive ..... Use the program ones ...... Any power loss com port stays the same .... You don't want it to move every time system is down.

THE COM PORT LOCATION IS FIXED THRU THE TERMINAL BUT I'VE HEARD THAT MOXA ADAPTERS ARE TRUE PLUG AND PLAY AND NO DRIVERS REQUIRED AS THE WINDOWS PORTION OF THE TERMINAL IS COMPLETELY LOCKED - EVEN AUTOMATIC DRIVERS CANNOT BE INSTALLED.

IS THE IDEA TO GO USB TO SERIAL, THEN SERIAL TO ETHERNET TO THE NVR AND COPY SAME FOR 2ND TERMINAL?

i have always used moxa equipment.

i can send you a moxa for free if you want to try this way 

THIS WOULD BE GREAT!  SHOULD I PM YOU WITH MY ADDRESS?

I HAVE A 3RD PARTY BACK OFFICE SOFTWARE - CAN THIS BE USED TO OBTAIN THE CORRECT IP ADDRESS AND PORT NUMBER PER TERMINAL?  IF NOT, HOW WOULD YOU RECOMMEND I GO ABOUT IT TO OBTAIN IT?

15 hours ago, NealShell said:

Also I have been told to utilize Gilbarco's back office to identify the IP addresses but I do not have the back office software installed anywhere.

Sorry I read that as no back office ...... Just standalone cash registers.

which software are you using .... Something like Orical or Torex 

yes this makes it easier as all cash registers will be on a switch to back office

so you only need to find each terminal IP and port ...... If your thermal keep NVR on epson print

3 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Sorry I read that as no back office ...... Just standalone cash registers.

which software are you using .... Something like Orical or Torex 

MODISOFT - https://www.modisoftinc.com/home.html

yes this makes it easier as all cash registers will be on a switch to back office

I CAN LOOK AT CONFIRM.  DO YOU NEED A SPECIAL PORT LIKE DMZ FROM SWITCH OR ANY ONE (OR TWO?) AVAILABLE PORT(S) IS SUFFICIENT?

so you only need to find each terminal IP and port ...... If your thermal keep NVR on epson print

THAT HAS BEEN THE CHALLENGE TO GET THE IP AND PORT PER TERMINAL.

THEY ARE THERMAL RECEIPT PRINTERS SO SELECT EPSON AND ONCE I HAVE THE IP AND PORT THAT IS ALL TO INTEGRATE?

Hi. Wells Fargo platform 

you out should not need any equipment.... You should be able to have all data sent via registers switch.

dont try to open any ports yourself on that software.....as you know there tech support is expensive if you get it wrong.

call them and ask for the cash terminals IP and ports.

as long as your NVR is on the same network .... You then only need to follow your NVRs manual.

Just looked at there software.  There is a direct stream from each terminal for any network device even iPhone.

so you just need from there tech ...... Ports .... IP ..... Recipe stream and enter that into NVR settings 

NealShell,

How do you get time synchronized, both video scene stored at NVR and the time of evidence of sales for the cash register or credit card approval ???

1 hour ago, SunnyKim said:

NealShell,

How do you get time synchronized, both video scene stored at NVR and the time of evidence of sales for the cash register or credit card approval ???

........its live overlay so only 1 time is involved......the NVR 

Hello all, I’m kind of in the same boat. My client has an LTS NVR and Gilbarco POS. The vendor supposedly turned on com ports 9 for client and 16 for server in the pos. I’ve tried a handful of usb to rs232 adapters from the USB port on the CDrom of the server which I was told was com 16. I’m getting nothing out of this port. What am I doing wrong? I’d gladly pay for a service call if anyone in the Lathrop CA area can help me resolve this. Thank you 

Hi. How far apart it cash register to recorder. 

Also does your LTS have pos settings .... some older units only replaced time and date data which does not work well 

On 1/13/2019 at 5:34 PM, tomcctv said:

Just looked at there software.  There is a direct stream from each terminal for any network device even iPhone.

so you just need from there tech ...... Ports .... IP ..... Recipe stream and enter that into NVR settings 

Tomcctv, I'm back on this mission to get it resolved.  How can I get the back office on the same network as my NVR?  My back office computer has 2 NICs (one for internet and one for back office connection to the gilbarco system).  Gilbarco help desk has given me the IP address and Ports for the receipt stream.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!

Hi. You would need to install a switch at back office gilbarco side

recorder cat cable to new switch .... link from new switch to router for remote viewing

been a while ..... which recorder do you have ?

28 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. You would need to install a switch at back office gilbarco side

recorder cat cable to new switch .... link from new switch to router for remote viewing

been a while ..... which recorder do you have ?

Thanks Tomcctv!

Alibi ALI-QVR5132h recorder.(Hikvision)

Back office is cloud system Modisoft.

Just to be sure I understand correctly.  I need to run a switch from the port of the secondary router from Gilbarco.  From switch run existing back office cable and run a cat cable to my existing switch that my nvr and router are on?

From there I need to put the IP address and Port for receipt in the NVR?

Yes that is right. 
depending on how many registers you are using ... each one using same ip address But each register has a different port number  

looking at the spec for POS setup it will allow you to use most setup options

ip data

hex data (rs232)

ave data (3rd party box)

try what we have discussed and see if you get any data at all  even if it’s just a mix of letters and numbers that would just be a handshake problem (hex code)

4 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Yes that is right. 
depending on how many registers you are using ... each one using same ip address But each register has a different port number  

ip data

hex data (rs232)

ave data (3rd party box)

try what we have discussed and see if you get any data at all  even if it’s just a mix of letters and numbers that would just be a handshake problem (hex code)

okay thanks.  Will try this and follow up.

Keep in mind,  gilbarco help desk has given me IP address of 10.5.48.2 (for server/client) and 10.5.48.8 (for client) which covers both registers I have.  According to the technician, both ports are 445 for the receipt printer stream for the back office.

I have done ipconfig from the back office PC and only the back office service IP address shows up and nothing else of 10.5.60.15 and gateway of 10.5.60.1.

On a previous  post you had mentioned using 5551 and 5552 port numbers for register 1 and 2 respectively.  Should I use that with the back office server IP address of 10.5.60.15?

Thanks again!

23 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Yes that is right. 

ip data

hex data (rs232)

ave data (3rd party box)

Tomcctv, got it all connected and nothing coming thru.  Called gilbarco help desk as well and the limited information they gave me seems to be that everything is set up correctly.  They kept pushing to use com port instead.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:36 PM, NealShell said:

Tomcctv, got it all connected and nothing coming thru.  Called gilbarco help desk as well and the limited information they gave me seems to be that everything is set up correctly.  They kept pushing to use com port instead.

Hi. Com port might be another option

if everything is setup right and your getting no data it could be your recorder. 

1. Your software is not up to date on your recorder

2. your recorder could be a gray market unit

alibi hikvision a few years ago were a copy and are not supported by hikvision

looking back at the manual your recorder does have rs232 and a config setup page

the cameras you have over your registers are they analog or ip

2 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Com port might be another option

if everything is setup right and your getting no data it could be your recorder. 

1. Your software is not up to date on your recorder

2. your recorder could be a gray market unit

alibi hikvision a few years ago were a copy and are not supported by hikvision

looking back at the manual your recorder does have rs232 and a config setup page

the cameras you have over your registers are they analog or ip

They are IP cameras

Ok.  I will open a few moxa units tonight and see if I can capture data into a hik. 

your back office will be pc based so a moxa unit will set its own com port number

what connection do you have for your pole displays

Hello, 

I was stuck in a similar situation where I was able to grab the text from the network and or a serial to IP converter, but the text contained random characters and in a unusable format. This was unacceptable for my customer and I almost lost the job. Anyways, my buddy and I decided to offer a solution to fix this ongoing issue with compatibility .

I hope you guys don't see this as spam, just trying to give installers like myself a solution and I happened to stumble across this forum as I was furthering my research. Saw no solution, so thought I'd drop in. 

We can pretty much customize text from POS Systems that push out clear text by serial or over the network. Thank you for taking the time to read my reply, and hopefully if you ever find yourself in a tough situation like I was, you know that there is a solution.

I just uploaded a video to YouTube for you guys. 

https://youtu.be/vOKl89pAwPU

Best Regards, 

Marco 

20200907_130527.jpg

I am capturing some data across the network with Wireshark but can't verify what its supposed to look like The time stamps lead me to believe its the receipt data but not sure. Does anyone have sample Gilbarco receipt data I could compare it to? Like an hour or two worth of data? I am trying to rule out the DVR, network or Gilbarco.