Sign in to follow this  
bentech

1080P Analog camera on regular DVR

Hi ,

Does a 1080P analog camera over RG59 compatible with an older DVR or resolution will not be optimal ?

Thanks !

Hi ,

Does a 1080P analog camera over RG59 compatible with an older DVR or resolution will not be optimal ?

Thanks !

Not sure how you get 1080P on an analog camera...

Kinds of HD-TVI or HD-AHD type cameras are to be working with RG59 cable. None of such cameras are supported by old DVRs. But these HD analog cameras are supported with the corresponding DVRs for each type. In a short distance of less than 100 meters, there would be no problem in maintaining a resolution of 1080P, I understand.

Hi ,

Thanks !

In a short distance of less than 100 meters, there would be no problem in maintaining a resolution of 1080P, I understand.

Not the correct information.

Sunnykim if you don't know the product then don't answer a post.

It saves time for members to get the right information.

Tvi limited to under 100m is wrong

In a short distance of less than 100 meters, there would be no problem in maintaining a resolution of 1080P, I understand.

Not the correct information.

Sunnykim if you don't know the product then don't answer a post.

It saves time for members to get the right information.

Tvi limited to under 100m is wrong

New Trick To Old Dog:

The distance and maintaining high contrast of visual quality have been the Tech Barrier of HD-Analog Cameras and DVRs.

The distance and maintaining high contrast of visual quality have been the Tech Barrier of HD-Analog Cameras and DVRs.

Yes that is probably true ...... BUT you are giving that distance af under 100m

But it's far greater than 100m. And that's the part of your post that is wrong .... And has to be corrected

Yes that is probably true ...... BUT you are giving that distance af under 100m

But it's far greater than 100m. And that's the part of your post that is wrong .... And has to be corrected

The Trick is, up to now, turned out to control down the high frequency components of video sequence for extending distance, as they can not guarantee the quality of cable already installed or to be installed.

The Trick is, up to now, turned out to control down the high frequency components of video sequence for extending distance, as they can not guarantee the quality of cable already installe

Sunnykim you are amusing sometimes.

So what you are saying now is tvi comes in two frequency...... Low and heigh. Depending on quality of coax ?

I might be wrong here but when I have bought tvi or cvi the sales man has never asked me do I want high or low frequency.

But let me give you another lesson and it's about coax cable old and new.

When CCTV was not as popular and out of people's price range old school analog equipment ....and cheap rg59 was not available from China the coax was 100% copper

So the fact is old coax .... Still in place and in good condition is Infact better.

But if you asked anyone on forum or installers I think you will find new or old coax with tvi or cvi has not given any problems

TVI and AHD cameras will not work on older analogue systems, however older analogue cameras can be put onto newer TVI and AHD DVRs.

Some HIKVision cameras that we install have a standard analogue output as well as TVI. The standard analogue output gives you the option to connect to older analogue recorders however the image will only be 700TVL.

For distances.

TVI and AHD works on the same principle as standard analogue so images can be run 400 metres and beyond with CAT5 and BALUNS. There will be a limit with RG59 however it is well beyond 100metres so that information is incorrect.

The only distance problem with RG59 under 100metres is for HD-SDI.

Hope this clarifys a couple of things for you.