CraigVM62

a "Pirated Software Question"

I was stumbling around on ebay looking at DVR cards, DVR's and such. I came across an auction for a DVR Card and what caught my attention was an image of their remote software screen. It looked identical to the software that came with a system I purchased using I-View brand cards. Would this be an example of someone selling cards with pirated software? The reason I ask is the idividual whom I purchased this system from promoted that I-View not only engineered their own cards, but the software their cards use. Would that be the case and others are pirateing their software? Are there several versions of DVR software out there that different manufacturers customize just for their individual cards?

Granted the individual I purchased the I-View based system from proved to be very shaddy, so perhaps any information he gave me should be taken with a grain of salt.

Thanks

Im not aware of anyone cloning IView cards ... they arent as popular as Anykeeper, Kodicom, and Geo ..

Did the cards look different? There were some canadian guys selling Iview cards at a lower price on Ebay last year ... not sure if they still are though.

Hey Rory,

Thanks for the reply and addressing my question.

You nailed it.... Yes, though the ebay sellers state to be in New York, it seems they are based out of Canada. I had to go to I-Views website to see what their new cards look like, and they are identical. At no point do they note any association with I-View, or that they are I-View cards.

On a side note... I contacted I-View's US office to see if I could have the DVR cards I have repaired at my cost since they are 2 months out of warranty. "not an option" was their reply. They could not even give me the name of any retailers carrying their products here in the US so I could purchase new cards....

Now I am shopping for a new 32 channel card / cards.

Thanks again

if possible to wait till end of monthh.........

You should get 4 x GV-2008 cards and make 2 DVR's with 2 in each.....that would be a great fix

We may be able to get them sooner, not sure atm.

Can you do 4 of those cards? I only see 2x8 cards in the manual .. but yeah even with the 2 of them that would be a rough system .. hardware compression so higher quality .. and faster speeds.

2 x GV-2008's in each of DVR (2 DVRs total)

Yes you will have to have nice systems and much storage space, probably a dual core would be nice..........but it can be done

Thanks for the link, but at this point "Iview" is a curse word around here.

Hard to believe that their US office would have no clue as to what distributor or resaler carries their product here in the US.

Not all sellers on Ebay are scammers as many would lead you to beleive. Our company has been selling on ebay for years. The reason legit companies would sell on ebay is its cheap advertisement. We use to have many inquires from dealers saying " I saw this camera on ebay, do you have something like it or better?". That's when we decided to list items on ebay to attrack new dealers. I agree that there are many fake items being sold by people out of there appartment on ebay. The same can be said for so called dealers who come out to your business to sell you a system. In our years in business we have seen some real crap that so called dealers had sold and installed for people. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, I just want to make a point that there legitament CCTV companies that sell on ebay for various reasons.