313-313

forgot admin password in GV system

One of my customers have forgotten his admin password. I normally setup the system with a admin user name and password for my login purposses and in case some one forgets the password. But this owner changed all my setting and now he forgot his regualar user and admin user password. He cannot minimise his screen and change any other settings what soever. Guys How do I reset his passwords so that admin activities can be taken care of.

thanks

what version is he using, and also, is he using the Keylock?

Did you check the box on installation, which says allow removal of password?

Can you remote into it?

Also he should have to know your admin password to edit anything in your admin profile.

Like collin said, how could he alter your login, without knowing your password? Unless the customer has done something really sneaky, there is no way they could, and even if they knew your password, they should not have altered it, so whatever happens, I would charge them for it....

You can reset the Geo passwords (when the user didnt select Allow Password Removal), at least I know how to do it on version 7.05 and earlier.

So the user has reset passwords, then on purpose disabled the recovery option? Its there fault I would say....

Either that, or they did it a sneaky way....

Its the customers problem at the end of the day, so I would fix it, then charge em for it...

But I would be wary, if they are doing things like this, they may be trying to find out how to get geo passwords reset for a reason... So maybe follow geos official advice and reformat, and then I would charge them for it.

At least that way, they wont ever get to find out how to reset passwords, and will learn a valuable lesson, DONT MESS AROUND....

If they screwed up, its there wallet that needs to pay for it...

Be wary..... Dont trust situations like this.

One of my customers have forgotten his admin password. I normally setup the system with a admin user name and password for my login purposses and in case some one forgets the password. But this owner changed all my setting and now he forgot his regualar user and admin user password. He cannot minimise his screen and change any other settings what soever. Guys How do I reset his passwords so that admin activities can be taken care of.

thanks

I cannot login to MultiCam system. What can I do?

http://www.polvision.com.pl/faqs.asp?lang=en&id=58

If on installation you checked allow password removal you can go into the geovision directory and there is a small exe that will allow password removal

passuninstal or something like this

So the user has reset passwords, then on purpose disabled the recovery option? Its there fault I would say....

Either that, or they did it a sneaky way....

Its the customers problem at the end of the day, so I would fix it, then charge em for it...

But I would be wary, if they are doing things like this, they may be trying to find out how to get geo passwords reset for a reason... So maybe follow geos official advice and reformat, and then I would charge them for it.

At least that way, they wont ever get to find out how to reset passwords, and will learn a valuable lesson, DONT MESS AROUND....

If they screwed up, its there wallet that needs to pay for it...

Be wary..... Dont trust situations like this.

true .. but once they are the owner of the system it should be okay ..

either way .. yeah ill do it for a charge from now on ..