ambo

Any idea where to download f/w for avtech avc761?

I recently purchased this avtech avc761 from Ebay. Quite good for my needs and you can connect remotely with their ap s/w. However, when I want to connect to the box using the browser instead of their ap s/w, I get the following error:

"The requested URL was not found on this server"

Is there anyone here who can point me to a link where I could download the f/w?

Thanks in advance!

Hello all users

This firmware file is not for avc761 model but i think for avc783 model!

I saw the file kernel4.bin and there is 783 model...but after I have upgrade my DVR's firmware.

Now I can't access to menu and don't see video, I hope someone can help me I need firmware file of avc 761 model

Thank you

peppedv

The firmware is for AVC760 and AVC761 but its quite an old version now... the current version is here:-

http://www.electusdistribution.com.au/products_uploaded/AVC7601_AV083_2020K8.rar

All of these DVRs are based on AVC783 which was the first 4CH MPEG4 model from Avtech so it doesn't surprise me that they may have left that part number floating around in the firmware somewhere.

I think what happens' u have not configure your network properly.

Can u access from lan environment using the web browser ?

Do you have java installed properly ? etc.

Coz from what i know, even their first firmware for the dvr have the web browser client inbuilt already. So you don't have to upgrade firmware for that.

IMHO, unless there's something wrong with the DVR, or some new features that you need that the new firmware has.... else dun go play ard with firmware.

Chinese supplier says:

even you think our RD only develop the lower level product, but they really put a lot of effort to make it truth...

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Chinese supplier says:

even you think our RD only develop the lower level product, but they really put a lot of effort to make it truth...

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thank you very much BurstElement!

I have solved my problem with your last link. I am sorry for my supposition but when I saw my DVR didn't work I have thought the file wasn't for AVC761.

Have someone the file with italian language?

Thank you

Peppedv

BurstElement,

Will this work for my AVC760 with Chinese OSD? Do AVtech DVR's allow firware downgrades?

I need to change my firmware to English but I'm not sure if the firmware from the link is newer or older than my DVR's fw.

Most of us have quite providing firmware on our websites due to the many different version of motherboards, and the different versions of firmware, and this leaves the DIY out in the cold, but then we do not have to worry about someone loading the wrong firmware. You will need to go back to where you bought the DVR, and have them provide you the tech support that you need.

Can someone point me in the right direction of the latest firmware for the 761.

Am experiencing problems of;

1. not being able to access the unit via a browser (unit has to be switched off before being allowed to log in).

2. On playback occasionally using the rewind / pause will cause the unit to reboot.

Unit is about 5 months old and I dont have the software on the CD provided.

Any help gladly accepted.

Take your machine back immeaditly to where you bought it. I would think a hard reset would fix those problems would before a firmware would fix it.

If it were a firmware issue then you would have a large population of those machines with the same issue. Your problems are unique to that machine. Get a replacement!

http://scorpiontheater.com/reset.aspx

http://scorpiontheater.com/videoviewer.aspx

Can anyone help me find firmware 2.0.2.0 or 2.0.3.0?

I downloaded the first link and apply it. Now I'm not seeing video.

Please help.

Thank you,

gruffydog

I would have you start a new thread, and then give more details.

I assume by the first link that you have done a hardware reset.

The hardware reset should not make you lose video. Were you doing something else while doing a hardware reset?

I look forward to your new thread, and I hope I can get you some answers!

The link I was referring to is provided by BurstElement for AVC760_761_1098K2.zip. I downloaded and pushed this firmware 1098 to my AVC-760. It messed it up.

I did manage to find a 2014 firmware and was able to view the video again but would like to put in 2020 or 2030 firmware. I couldn't find them anywhere.

Would a hard reset restore it back to the original firmware, 2020?

Thanks

A hardware reset will not take it back to the original firmware.

For those that plan on doing firmware upgrades I will warn you not to do any hardware reset while doing the upgrade. If you do a hardware reset, and you have a firmware that does not work for you then the firmware stays permanently, and your DVR becomes a door stop.

The reason that you are having problems finding firmware is because alot of DIY were installing the wrong firmwares then they were wanting to sue the website to repair/replace their DVRs.

Now all of the knowledable DIY that are technically inclined will have to suffer due to the actions of the very few who ruined it for everyone one else.

I never ended up under a law suit, but I saw the writing on the wall as well.

The problem lies with knowing which firmware to install with which PC board.

Do you use Video Server E, or do you use Video Viewer?

I understand the firmware situation. I was lucky I didn't brick my DVR.

Video Server E is what came with this DVR, although, I am able to use Video Viewer, too.

I first came here because my DVR suddenly stopped emailing motion alert pictures. It was working one day, then it just stopped. No matter how much I tweaked the sensitivity and re-apply the email settings, I'm still not able to get these motion alerts coming.

Gruffydog

Your DVR uses Video Server E. This tells me that your DVR is not an A series model.

You will only be able to use the highest firmware designed for that DVR.

If you use newer firmware then you will run in to problems.

JPEG is part of the FTP. The A series DVR does not use JPEG, and it uses MPEG. The A series DVR does not have the FTP function.

Perhaps jumping up in firmware levels has left your functions dead.

Which Firmware did you say you had originally?

Video Viewer is the latest viewer for the A series DVR. They have made it backwards compatible with the older DVRs.

Video Server E cannot connect to the A series DVRs.