cctvman

prevent dvr from being unplugged?

Hello all,

Is there such a device that will lock the dvrs power cord onto the ac outlet so it cannot be unplugged or a device that will acheieve a similar result? such as maybe a rack enclosure that will cover the ac outlet? I think to myself that it must be against electrical codes to do something like this. but Im not sure. Any Thoughts?

CCTVMAN

If its accidental disconnection you are concerned about then something like the BW-250 or BW-375 might work, they are really designed for low voltage transformers.

http://www.mierproducts.com/new_products.htm

Doug

Hello all,

Is there such a device that will lock the dvrs power cord onto the ac outlet so it cannot be unplugged or a device that will acheieve a similar result? such as maybe a rack enclosure that will cover the ac outlet? I think to myself that it must be against electrical codes to do something like this. but Im not sure. Any Thoughts?

CCTVMAN

why not just cut the plug off and wire it directly into a surface mount wall outlet. Of course someone can always turn off the breaker.

cut the plug off and wire it directly..... no doubt the assembly was approved as a cord and plug connected device. Modifying it would violate its listing, (NEC) bad idea....

ya mier makes great products. We use some of their outdoor weatherproof enclosures sometimes. But in an instance where power could be issue we have run a dedicated circuit and then be sure to put a camera on the circuit breaker and a good lock. oh and a guard dog!

at the air base we put systems in their dormatory's. And of all places on that base the dorms need them the worst. Those kids are idiots! They think they are in college and go crazy in those dorms. Well we had the same thing happean at three different dorms. Where they flipped the breaker to the office where the head end was and the kids went and did a bunch of crazy ****! I mean if you want to know pm me and I will tell you. But anyways little did they know that the power going to the surveillance system was a on a dedicated circuit! good thing for dedicated circuits and IR cameras.

oh ya and a broken pool table that gave a excellent staging area!

cut the plug off and wire it directly..... no doubt the assembly was approved as a cord and plug connected device. Modifying it would violate its listing, (NEC) bad idea....

write to the NEC and ask for a waiver

plug it in and then put a camera recording the area......once you fire the butthead you'll be better off.

I take it there's no way to secure the DVR and power leads in a locked room? BTW, I like the "record the area of the outlets, catch the bastard powering off the system, then fire them" idea.