acableconnection

best looking outdoor housings

Ive got a couple of clients that want outdoor cameras. Problem is, that they have brick fronts and are very attractive buildings. I need to find an outdoor housing that is not too gaudy.

look at the Costar stuff we have used some of that and their outdoor 1/3 cameras are very compact also some

housing are paintable so you can match the customer's building

Take a look at ganz and videolarm. Extreme would be good too but I think the housings come with cameras only, which isn't so bad as Extreme makes some good stuff.

Ganz www.cbcamerica.com

Videolarm www.videolarm.com

Extreme www.extremecctv.com

Be careful of the attractive plastic housings as they may not be adequate for th environment. The last thing you want is your camera burning up!

hey jerome, do you hook up the heaters and blowers? I'm not sure if i dare to not use the heaters, for the great winter weather here in michigan.

what was the coldest this year -5 deg F ?

Also be careful if your painting the housings a dark color, even a blower may not be enough to keep it cool. For instance, Pelco will paint your housing any color but they won't paint it black....

True, Pelco is a great company and they know their stuff. They won't paint the housings black because black of course absorbs the most heat. It is a standard red brick color?

Pelco have issues, I painted housings black without any problems, and thats down here in the tropical sun ...

Also notice that most of Extreme's camera housings are black, though they have a white one available now in at least a couple models.

Use white if you can, if not, black should not make much of a difference once its a decent housing and camera. It will get hot, but not enough to damage the camera, 6+ years and cameras going strong.

I was reading the archives for the public planning applications used before they put up a load of (expensive) cameras in my area. About the only technical part of the application was a statement that the camera housings had to be painted black!