libertysurveillance

upside down playback...

I have a customer that is complaining that when they save video as AVI files, the resulting playback through the latest version of Windows Media Player is upside down...

I can't recreate the problem in our shop, does anyone know what is going on?

Perhaps they have changed a setting in their codec? I am sure an issue of this magnitude would be known and solved.

the customer, nor us, did anything to the Codecs.... this is straight out of the box and is a GV-600 card. The video only appears upside down in his Windows Media player (ver 11) and is displayed properly in the viewlog

Do a google search for GSpot, once you find the gspot, download it and run it on a known working clean pc, that should be the same as the customers (ie same windows, geo etc) and then make a note of the installed codecs (view , installed codecs).

Do the same on the customers machine and compare the two, see if the customers machine has any codecs on it that the clean one does not have.

Never thought I would tell any one to search for gspot on google

This is usually because of the following in my experience.

This problem might be caused by "VOSub" software, please go into the properties of the codec and uncheck the "Flip picture vertically" to solve the problem.

i had the same problem when i tried to play back some geo files from users in this forum. Then just one day it went away.