yia_hara

8.11 main system software does not install

This is a brand new install (GV600). Drivers installed with no problems - device manager shows no conflicts. However, when trying to install the Geovision Main System I get the hourglass for a few seconds and then nothing. No error message, no other indication. Double-clicking the setup.exe file from the DVR directory on the CD yields the same results. Operating system is Win2000. I made sure to install all Microsoft Updates before trying to install.

Other applications seem to install fine - for example Multi View. Are there other (MS Net ?) requirements?

I also tried uninstalling the drivers and trying to install the software - nothing. I tried the install program on a different PC and it runs fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

After a series of installing/uninstalling programs and several failed attempts, the culprit was that I was not signed on using the "Administrator" userid. Even though the userid I was using was part of the Administrator group and had full read/write access, for some reason signing on using "Administrator" as the userid made the difference. Program installed with no problems. I hope this helps save someone's time in the future.

I ran into the same problem recently. No matter what I did I couldnt get the 8.11 version to install.

I remembered this post and logged on as administrator, but it still wouldnt work. In fact, when I tried re-installing version 7.0.5 that was running fine on it, it wouldnt work either. I had to uninstall the software, delete the gv-650 directory and remove all geo*.* and gv*.* files from the system.

With the system "cleaned" I tried the 8.11 again. No dice.

After cleaning the system one more time I was able to install the original 7.0.5 disc.

I emailed geo tech support and they said they are aware of the problem and that it will be fixed in next version. They also gave me a patch file to fix it. I'll have to try it next week. For now they can keep running on 7.0.5

I ran into the same problem recently. No matter what I did I couldnt get the 8.11 version to install.

I remembered this post and logged on as administrator, but it still wouldnt work. In fact, when I tried re-installing version 7.0.5 that was running fine on it, it wouldnt work either. I had to uninstall the software, delete the gv-650 directory and remove all geo*.* and gv*.* files from the system.

After cleaning the system one more time I was able to install the original 7.0.5 disc.

I emailed geo tech support and they said they are aware of the problem and that it will be fixed in next version. They also gave me a patch file to fix it. I'll have to try it next week. For now they can keep running on 7.0.5

did you also clean the registry?

also see my removal tool in the sticky.

Rory

did you also clean the registry?

also see my removal tool in the sticky.

Rory

Many of my customers had this problem. I found that it can be solved by resetting Geovision password database in the registry.

I probably should have tried that. The file they sent me is called passdll.zip

OK, I finally have run into this problem too. Cleaned registry, deleted all Geovision files, ran CCleaner and logged in as Admin.

When I run 8.1.2 installation nothing happens. I'm not sure if the "passdll" fix is applicable to this.

Any ideas?

OK, I finally have run into this problem too. Cleaned registry, deleted all Geovision files, ran CCleaner and logged in as Admin.

When I run 8.1.2 installation nothing happens. I'm not sure if the "passdll" fix is applicable to this.

Any ideas?

Email me for a solution.

After a series of installing/uninstalling programs and several failed attempts, the culprit was that I was not signed on using the "Administrator" userid. Even though the userid I was using was part of the Administrator group and had full read/write access, for some reason signing on using "Administrator" as the userid made the difference. Program installed with no problems. I hope this helps save someone's time in the future.

I hope this is not the solution. With XP Home Edition the Administrator account is only accessible in safe mode.

Has anyone installed 8.1.2 on a XP Home Edition OS?

Any ideas?

Email me for a solution.

Thanks Tomasz, but no luck.

were you upgrading the card too, or just the Geo software? Whats the DVR specs? What Geo software was on there before?

were you upgrading the card too, or just the Geo software? Whats the DVR specs? What Geo software was on there before?

Card and software. GV800 and I think ver 7.02.

Asus P4800SE 865PE chipset

P4 3GHz

512MB 400MHz DDR

NVidia Card (I'll have to check which one)