jsavchak

Where can I find a 4 port RCA Video wall plate?

I'm running a 4 RCA video cable down the inside of a wall and would like to know where to find a wall plate to tie is together with the DVR.

Do anyone make a 4 port RCA wall plate for video only, no audio?

I'm running a 4 RCA video cable down the inside of a wall and would like to know where to find a wall plate to tie is together with the DVR.

Do anyone make a 4 port RCA wall plate for video only, no audio?

I've seen them online but they are expensive. On my home system I just used modular 6-way wallplates and F-type screw connectors instead.

I am not quite sure what you are asking for.

At the Home Depot, Lowes, possible a network/computer store look for these:

Wall plates that have square holes in them. The connector snaps in the hole. You can shove four RCA connectors in a "four hole" plate.

http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10422&minisite=10027&JServSessionIdrootlxln0001=surqqd46t2.p7vGpx0Ka34Ip6jQolfJpwTDpAaUp7vGpx0Ka34Ip6jQolfJpwTDpAaUahmKa30-&LCPROD=BtTkAwiCXzhUv2EEvU5LPkGL:S&LCPROD_pses=LCPROD%3DBtTkAwiCXzhUv2EEvU5LPkGL%253AS%7E

Here is what an RCA to RCA connector that snaps in the wall plate looks like.

http://interlectcid.com/CatalogMain.asp?t=&b=SCP&id=1221&p=1

Edited by Guest

You can use audio RCA for video, and vise versa. Price/quality will obviously make a difference.

Not always, audio is not sensitive to impedence, and composite video MUST have 75ohm.

Either way your example is the most common method, just buy 4 yellow RCA "keystone"s. 99% of the time the Red and White audio keystones will work just fine too, by far most are pass through.

Not always, audio is not sensitive to impedence, and composite video MUST have 75ohm.

RCA = RCA = RCA. There is no such thing as a 75 ohm RCA connector. They are all just RCA connectors. Although impedance is somewhat critical for video, it is not so critical that connector types have a major effect.

An example - many inexpensive outdoor cameras use short 18/4 cable to bring the power and video out of the enclosure, then attach a BNC female to one pair. That is perfectly acceptable if the cable is short.

The same thing goes for 50 ohm vs. 75 ohm BNC connectors.

RCA = RCA = RCA. There is no such thing as a 75 ohm RCA connector. They are all just RCA connectors

100% correct... I can only imagine CollinR was refering to the Video Cables the poster originally stated he had ran down the wall.

Do a online / fleabay search for the Steren brand of plates and inserts. They are a generic version of the Levinton products. Through a distributor, I get the plates " from 1 to 6 cavities" for .50 cents each and the RCA inserts for .60 cents each. My catalogs don't show them as making a BNC insert, but those made by Channel Vision, Leviton, ICC..... will fit.

Home depot sells the RCA QuickPort inserts. RadioShack sells the QuickPOrt BNC inserts, they are like$5 each though.