mfennell

Geovision - Support IP Cameras yet?

At ISC West this year, I was told that in quarter two. Geo was going to be supporting IP Cameras. Does anyone know if they do now? And if they do, is there a list of supported cameras?

One of my suppliers said they are testing a version now that supports a fair number of IP cameras. I'm not convinced he was given accurate info, but that is what he said.

When I spoke with Geo at ISC West, they told me the same thing about quarter two. They also said it would just be Axis cameras and possibly another large name or two in the IP camera industry.

I hope we dont have to wait much longer.

yeah, this waiting is killing me. They are loosing our business at this point because we are installing mostly IP systems now. I hope they get it together pretty soon.

probably just be Acti .. Taiwanese ..

Nope, I asked them to support ACTi cameras - they rejected.

They will support Axis, IQinVision, Sony, Mobotix, Panasonic. Here is the list of beta tested models:

AXIS_206

AXIS_207MW

AXIS_207/AXIS_207W

AXIS_210

AXIS_211

AXIS_211A

AXIS_212

AXIS_213

AXIS_214

AXIS_216FD/AXIS_216FDV

AXIS_221

AXIS_223M

AXIS_225

AXIS_231D

AXIS_232D

SONY_SNC_CS10

SONY_SNC_CS11

SONY_SNC_CS50N

SONY_SNC_DF40N

SONY_SNC_DF50N

SONY_SNC_DF70N

SONY_SNC_DF80N

SONY_SNC_P1

SONY_SNC_P5

SONY_SNC_RZ25N

SONY_SNC_RZ50N

SONY_SNC_RX550N

IQEye_301

IQEye_302

IQEye_510

IQEye_511

IQEye_701

IQEye_702

Panasonic_BB_HCE481A

Panasonic_BB_HCM110

Panasonic_BB_HCM311

Panasonic_BB_HCM331

Panasonic_BB_HCM371

Panasonic_BB_HCM381

Panasonic_BB_HCM403

Panasonic_BL

Mobotix_M12

Darn, seems they are spending the $$ there for testing .. those cameras arent cheap

Pity about Acti, maybe its a competition thing with them or something?

Rory

Acti and Arecont would be great additions to that list.... at least for me

I'm sure they will eventually add more.. hopefully

Come on guys, just send them your opinion to support@geovision.com.tw - the more people ask for ACTi support, the higher chance we get it. I asked them twice - no result.

Come on guys, just send them your opinion to support@geovision.com.tw - the more people ask for ACTi support, the higher chance we get it. I asked them twice - no result.

Better response when sending to sales@geovision.com.tw !!

suport = More work

sales = more sale

JD

With the Geo Video server, you can add two cameras. Does it have a cat5 on the back, and two USB? Couldn't see the back in pictures.

If so, you still have to run cat5 to the network or add a USB wireless adapter. Does any USB adapter work?

Also if using this standalone, you could add a USB HDD for storage? And even use this by itself as it has a web server built-in?

What am I misreading here?

With the Geo Video server, you can add two cameras. Does it have a cat5 on the back, and two USB? Couldn't see the back in pictures.

If so, you still have to run cat5 to the network or add a USB wireless adapter. Does any USB adapter work?

Also if using this standalone, you could add a USB HDD for storage? And even use this by itself as it has a web server built-in?

Hi!

Yes the GV WEB SERVER has 1 Cat5/LAN/WAN port for networking.

It also have 2 USB ports, but if it will work with wireless USB adapters I am not sure, but think so -just a config challenge I think.

Yes it is made for having a external USB HDD for local storage, the HDD must be formated to LINUX so you can not just use it with for instance Windows. In other words the USB HDD will be "locked" to the GV WEB SERVER or another Linux system.

JD

Darn, seems they are spending the $$ there for testing .. those cameras arent cheap

Pity about Acti, maybe its a competition thing with them or something?

Rory

Well you dont need to buy all cameras, some have same protocol and also they have virtual IP Camera software for testing/developing.

JD

It says on the Geovision site "Optional Wireless USB connection."

I am looking for a solution that can be wireless. Several hundred feet.

It says on the Geovision site "Optional Wireless USB connection."

I am looking for a solution that can be wireless. Several hundred feet.

It can be wireless.

JD

Have you set one of these up? Got some tips on what to get?

Hi! Yes I have set these up, but not with WLAN, only cable. Guess a standard USB Wlan would do also you would need a crssover cable for seting the unit up.

JD

Hi!

It also have 2 USB ports, but if it will work with wireless USB adapters I am not sure, but think so -just a config challenge I think.

Yes it is made for having a external USB HDD for local storage, the HDD must be formated to LINUX so you can not just use it with for instance Windows. In other words the USB HDD will be "locked" to the GV WEB SERVER or another Linux system.

JD

It's not locked. Geovision recommends using Ext2IFS for Windows: http://www.fs-driver.org/ and it really works, but you need to hit "Remove" button before disconnecting USB HDD from video server.

Otherwise it will dismount improperly.

JOINDVR>>> Does it integrate nicely with GV 8.12, or are there any quirks?

tpolus>>> I assume on the 'remove' button you are referring to a http web setup on the box? Not sure what the interface is?

JOINDVR>>> Does it integrate nicely with GV 8.12, or are there any quirks?

tpolus>>> I assume on the 'remove' button you are referring to a http web setup on the box? Not sure what the interface is?

Hi again, hehe

Yes it is a very easy straight forward set up in the Geovision software, you have the under the Camera/Audio install button a link called IP camera install, where you do add and give the IP Camera(Server, guess this will be used for IP camera as well alter) name/user/password for login, and where you want the camera to be situated on your Geovision.

Yes it is web interface on the setup and use of the GV Web Server.

JD

Hi!

JD

It's not locked. Geovision recommends using Ext2IFS for Windows: http://www.fs-driver.org/ and it really works, but you need to hit "Remove" button before disconnecting USB HDD from video server.

Otherwise it will dismount improperly.

But I must say that I am not happy with starting to mix Windows and Linux, we can say that, it is ok for someone with a larger PC/Linux understanding but not all installers/end users have this, so therefore it is "locked" for those who dont know!

JD

Not trying to start a debate, but are you a linux guy?

I like Windows best because more customers are using Windows. The only reason in fact!

JD