Securitymaster

I need some advice.

I just bought a domain name: cctvkings.com

I made a logo that I put on the index page to have something there.

Then, the first thing I was told is that the crown that I used represents the Latin Kings, a "organization"(gang) from NYC, and was advised to change it.

What do you guys think?

Did law enforcement advise you to change it? criminal records are filled with felonies based on payback (assults/murder) on what "outlaw" and street gangs consider to be a violation or disrespect of their colors and will pursue persons who do so, LK (Latin Kings) are active in most major cities aside from NYC within and outside the US. They originally were from the Northside of Chicago also known as the ALKN (the almighty latin kings nation) and within the penal system. You can be stand up and continue to use the logo, watch your back and if they confront or contact you, tell them to go to Burger King or move to Montana where a law abiding citizen can still carry a sidearm. In all serious retrospect the LKs are a gang with a long history of extreme violent criminal behavior. Perhaps a logo change on your part would be a good move, kings and royalty dont belong in America anyway.

That is a tough one to answer.

I do not think they send cease, and desist letters up front do they?

I would use the Burger king logo, and then you can use that as a way to back off from the gangs. At least Burger King would have a law firm send you "the letter".

I am not familiar with the gangs, and I would not want to be the one to desrespect their logo, and I would change my logo to the opposite of everything their logo appears.

I would look for something that appears more British Royalty in appearance.