metapts

Two standalone DVRs

I need to set up a system with 22 cameras, and I would prefer to work with standalone DVRs. The biggest standalone systems I can find have 16 channels, so I would need 2 DVRs (16+16 or 16+8).

Are there any DVRs out there that can work together and appear to the user as one system? I would like to be able to view any/all channels at once and not have to log in and out of each.

If that is not possible, what are my best options for a pc based system?

Thanks.

Hello!

Just a heads up, ICRealtime makes a 32-ch embedded DVR.

There are several companies that have CMS(central management software) for their DVRs that allow you to control upto a certain # of DVRs and view a certain # of cameras at one time from a single software(100 DVRs with a combined 64 camera display does seem to be pretty common for the software.). Some charge for the software, some do not. Really depends on your budget and requirements in a DVR which one you should use.

Keep it separate IMO. Think of it this way, if that single 32 channel system goes down, all 32 cameras are down.

Try CBC DR8N (8 channel embedded series) and CBC DR16N (16 channel embedded series)... Both are very low cost and allows you to add hard drives if you needed (you can purchase the system without hard drives and add whatever size drive you want)...

Besides, three years warranty is standard from CBC...

AVerMedia has SA standalone DVRs in 16 ports and in 32 ports. http://www.aver.com/dvr/eb.html . AVerMedia has CM3000 software, which comes free with all of their DVRs that lets you connect up to 16 DVR system from single system, just incase if you want to go with two 16 port standalone DVR, as Rory recommended.

AVerMedia has SA standalone DVRs in 16 ports and in 32 ports. http://www.aver.com/dvr/eb.html . AVerMedia has CM3000 software, which comes free with all of their DVRs that lets you connect up to 16 DVR system from single system, just incase if you want to go with two 16 port standalone DVR, as Rory recommended.

I dont see the 32 channel on that link.

Thanks, looks like its a new product.

I-view had a 32 channel embedded XP DVR about couple years back, but doesn't seem the company went anywhere, or at least the site has not been updated in years.

At least with Avermedia you know its not going to disappear anytime soon.

Your welcome Rorry. I have not use the 32 port standalone unit, but it seems like this unit is also based on NV6480exp. It should be pretty stable as I have built and sold many PC based DVR w/ two NV6480Exp-16 (32 ports) and been very happy with it. I agree, AVerMedia and this 32 pot standalone units are not going anywhere, anytime soon.

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=14

AVerDiGi SA6032E Series

32 channels Video and Audio input

IP & Analog PTZ/ camera control

MegaPixel IP cameras supported

Multiple and configurable channels display on CCTV monitor

Supports Dual-Monitor and Spot-Monitor output

Supports up to 136 sensors in/relays

Support 352x240 , 640×480 and 720x480, 720x576 pixels (NTSC and PAL)

----------------------------------------------------------

Hmm what happens with megapix resolution ???

I am confuse

It depends whether you concern computer skill. If not, I guess a self-built system by DVR cards may be cost-effective to you.

I think you can use two DVRs(16+8),then you can use the CMS software to monitor all the cameras in same time.A lot of Standalone DVR come with CMS software.

We sell those. They are extremely reliable. You don't have to worry about downtime.

PM me for more info.

Regards,

Ronald