dubwiser

Stuck on camera selection

I need an affordable camera. I've had the luxury of a large surveillance budget in our company for the past 5 years. I installed and maintain all cameras and DVR's at our store locations and I always use higher end cameras (484s, Ganz ZCs to name a couple favorites)

To keep it short.........We are acquiring a large group of additional stores and all of them need reliable gear. My problem is now Im on a bit of a budget and i've hit a brick wall trying to select an economy-grade box cam I can spread across 18 additional store locations. They'll be installed in automotive service centers in the shop area. I'll be using Tamron lenses so I'm not saving any money there. Although Im not a big fan, ARM electronic is all I can come up with. Any suggestions?

thanks

The first thing you need to tell us is the conditions of the install. Are you looking for regular hi resolution cameras, do you need any Day/Night Cameras? How about lighting conditions inside the shops?

If you are looking at Arm, and need to save, then start looking at some of the OEM'S manufacturers.

Right....sorry to be vague. I dont necessarily need D/N. Hi res is more important(480+). I need to capture detail of work being performed on vehicles. Most shops will have standard flourescent lighting which hasn't been an issue in the past. Glare from bay door openings and reflected natural light off the floor is the main concern. WDR takes care of that in my current set-ups, but I may not have that kind of money on this project.

Thanks for the reply

From Experience in working (and owning) General Mechanic garages, you can skip WDR cameras by simply mounting the camera to look sideways instead of right in front of the bay doors, if it's posible. What size lenses are you going to be using?

They're thru bays(quick lube) so the cameras are always offset from the center of the bay. WDR was probably overkill but the picture is great all day.

Lens size is 4mm.

Hermin, are you going to offer this CCTV equipment to this new member that you stole from us and never paid for it???? I sure hope not...

dubwiser, if you are interested on good equipment that was bought legitimately and we can sell legally, please PM me and I can help you!

Actually, Im not a new member. I've been using this forum for a while but my username and login are no longer accepted for some reason. I simply set up a new profile.

I have a good vendor and great pricing. I was just looking for some friendly advice on camera selection from people that are passionate about quality equipment that is reasonably priced. I didn't mean to start a war.

Thanks anyway.

The war was already started, and a little unprofessional from the sounds of it.

Rick, no war at my end.. just clarifying a position who Hermin Sanchez is... He has taken quite of few people in this forum with his scam and I want to make sure that people are aware who they are dealing with... If you choose to work with him, please do so...

Respecting this forum and all the members is my priority. This forum is an important part of the security community and with excellent reputation.. By leaving a member like Hermin Sanchez among us is a problem that I am addressing..

It is anyone's call to decide what they want or think of this situation. But I will not stop pursuing this guy now and in the future so that at least he does not have a chance to harm anyone else...

Just Google his name and read how he has taken others besides our community... like selling stolen car parts and other scams... and if you want someone like him around and you want to communicate, that is just fine with me... I will beg different on my approach against this crook...

If moderators want to lock this post also, no problems... At least people now know who really Hemin Sanchez is...

Beware of Hermin(the dirty) Sanchez.

Im sorry but I have to laugh. Security Master, If you're legit then you picked an unfortunate screen name, buddy.

Did SecurityMaster buy the CCTVKings domain from Hermin Sanchez?

Only reason I ask is when I looked it up in WHOIS when CCTV_Suppliers firts posted the link I could see that it was registered to a "Hermin Sanchez". The SecurityMaster posted another WHOIS link that listed a diff name, like Robert Santiago or something. Now the WHOIS has no person name that I can see.

Ok man, this is going to be the last straw.

If you keep calling me this person, you are going to leave me no remedy but to pursue ways to make you stop. I don't feel the need to keep trying to say who I am, and because of the way you decided to taint the domain, I actually shut it down, and moved to another name.

And by the way, I did a little diggin on my own, and you Mr. Levon, aren't that squeaky clean either. None of my business and none of any forum member's business either, but there's a really nice thing that I could post here, but unlike you, I do have something called integrity. Please, for the last time, stop playing games. I've been on this forum since 2005, why attack me now?.

The gentelman posted a question about problems that he's having, and we are all trying to help him out, but here you come and do the same thing you did to the other thread that I started, and did what's called "thread hijacking". Now this thread is probably going to get locked and the questions never fully answered.

Good Job!!

Did SecurityMaster buy the CCTVKings domain from Hermin Sanchez?

Only reason I ask is when I looked it up in WHOIS when CCTV_Suppliers firts posted the link I could see that it was registered to a "Hermin Sanchez". The SecurityMaster posted another WHOIS link that listed a diff name, like Robert Santiago or something. Now the WHOIS has no person name that I can see.

My point exactly....

If you keep calling me this person, you are going to leave me no remedy but to pursue ways to make you stop. I don't feel the need to keep trying to say who I am, and because of the way you decided to taint the domain, I actually shut it down, and moved to another name.

And by the way, I did a little diggin on my own, and you Mr. Levon, aren't that squeaky clean either. None of my business and none of any forum member's business either, but there's a really nice thing that I could post here, but unlike you, I do have something called integrity. Please, for the last time, stop playing games. I've been on this forum since 2005, why attack me now?.

The gentelman posted a question about problems that he's having, and we are all trying to help him out, but here you come and do the same thing you did to the other thread that I started, and did what's called "thread hijacking". Now this thread is probably going to get locked and the questions never fully answered.

Good Job!!

Hermin, I will not expect any different response from you... Look who is rever referring to an integrity...

I can tell you however that there are quite of few people here knew who you are regardless of you denying the fact..

I will help dubwiser every way possible and I am sure will the others. Do now worry about that.

Don't know if I looked at the right camera but the Sony 473 specs seem good and should work fine for the application that you have described, hopefully with varifocal a/i lens. Good luck,

So *did* you buy the domain from Hermin Sanchez? Else, why was he listed on the whois data for cctvkings last week?

The domain version history show 4 versions of cctvkings.com

12/30/2007

12/31/2007

01/03/2008

01/05/2008.

Securitymaster: Is there anything you would like to clarify, or should we take a look at the contact information from the domain history held by http://domain-history.domaintools.com/ ?

Look, I'm done with this BS. Look up anything you guys want, it really doesn't affect me.

I am going to say it for the last time, and this is it. I DID NOT buy the domain name from him, I got it on my own.

I am not him, think whatever you guys want. Like I said, it's just a internet forum, nothing else. IT does NOT affect me personally in any way shape or form.

Unless the Admin or a Mod tells me differently, I will continue to contribute to this forum on my own, any more questions or anything else related to this I will just simply ignore. I've been here for 3 years now, and never got questioned regarding this.

I apologize to all the people that have had their time wasted on this topic that in all honesty, doesn't belong here.

ROBERT SANTIAGO.

P.S. My wife says "get a life".

Look, I'm done with this BS. Look up anything you guys want, it really doesn't affect me.

Fair enough. Doesn't bother me any - I don't really care who the domain was registered to. I don't know who Hermin Sanchez is and I don't care why his name appeared to be on your domain, no do I know why anyone should care.

Peace.

Fair enough. Doesn't bother me any - I don't really care who the domain was registered to. I don't know who Hermin Sanchez is and I don't care why his name appeared to be on your domain, no do I know why anyone should care.

Peace.

Thank You.

Now I'm thinking a bullet cam may be best to cut down on the cost and installation time. Anyone know a rock solid bullet for 200 per (cost).... SuperHAD, 3-6mm, 480 lines min. IR isn't a must but is always useful.

thanks

I don't know who is who or what happened to who when but we all here want this crap to stop. So press charges, go find his @ss or whatever but take this issue (CCTV_Suppliers>Securitymaster) somewhere else.