Hi

Anybody know if earlier versions of Geovision can be updated to 6.1 or can it only be used with the new cards. I am asking because even though it has been released the Geovision site still only has downloads for 6.05.

I think that they have added some sort of dongle to newer boards to prevent the software being used with counterfeit boards.

If you look on the card next to where it states the port number there should be a sticker, if the sticker says s1 i think you can just load on the new software.

My delaer is sending me the disc free of charge, i havcen't seen anywhere to dowload the software from yet.

If your card is an older version and doesn't have the sticker you can send it back to a main dealer for upgrade, i think this should be free of charge also apart from carriage.

In order to work with Geovision version 6.1, the board must have the S1 chip.

This chip is located where it tells you what card you have.

i.e. 8 Port S1 GV650

If you do not have S1 and really need or want to upgrade, contact the original place where you bought the card from (hopefully and authorized distributor) and they will be able to swap out the chip for you.

Thanks for the replies & advice.

I have looked at some new cards that came with the 6.1 software & know the chip youare talking about.

I will contact my supplier about replacement chips once I have evaluated the new software.

S1 chips are the new security chips embedded in the S1 cards now being shipped by GV. They have only been shipping recently.

These cards will not work with any software older than 6.0.5. Also, older cards will not work with any version of the GV software past 6.0.5.

If your customer needs to have older cards support later than 6.0.5 then they can replace the security chip on the board. (V2 and V3 boards only).

To sum up: Boards with S1 Chip: Version 6.0.5 or later

Older boards Version 6.0.5 or earlier

I had a few issues with upgrading my GV250 to V6.1 from V6.05. Firstly the upgrade refused to start at all, requiring manual editing of config.nt, autoexec.nt.

The upgrade then ran ok but the GV system would not boot up and kept on trying to boot. After uninstalling GV and wiping every reference to GV from the registry I reinstalled V5.4 from the supplied CD-ROM and then ran the upgrade to 6.1. It's now running fine. I believe the problem was due to trying to upgrade to 6.1 on a system that had previously been upgraded from 5.4 to 6.05. I think DVR-Expert has previously referred to this potential problem. I would have started with a clean installation of 5.4 but wasn't sure if you could go from 5.4 straight to 6.1.

All good fun !!

update : I have no button icons in ViewLog. It's never easy is it ?

hi

looking for update s1 chips so i can run 6.1 software for my geovision gv600 and gv800 rev v2

what do i need to do and what company can do it for me and how much it cost

dusan in houston tx usa