has anyone attempted to build a test monitor in a case with a 12v power source to power up cameras on the spot. ive been trying to find something like this i wanna try using an alarm battery but i cant find a charger for it and i need something our tech can take up and down ladders, lifts, ect.

Try using a Bescor battery pack, shoulder or waist, they have a lot of variations with chargers, Ive got a single pouch 12volt , rarely use it, majority of my cams are 24VAC, onsite outdoors just temp lead from a 24transformer off my truck welder/gen.

I have tryed to build one together but to bulky now i use a Dewalt 12volt battery pack to power my monitor, lasts a long time and it recharges in an hour. also fits in a pocket

I am able to power up my DC cameras right from the battery pack of my test monitor, which I bought from iLink Professionals while back. Here is the link, if you want to check it out and see how they are doing it. I think it was under $300 with digital panel. One think I really liked about my test monitor that I can just wear it around my arm while I am up on the ladder. http://www.ilinkpro.com/proddetail.asp?prod=iLCDTV35

Warning if you have a monitor similiar to mine. Do not try to power your cameras with it. I blew the internal power supply, and now I just change the AA batteries when needed. It is a good monitor, and I would recommend to anyone.

I can no longer recharge the rechargable AA batteries that it came with, and if the batteries die then I cannot use it with the adapter as the internal power supply is "gone".

Edited by Guest

Closedcircuitcom,

12V re-chargeable battery pack is popular and cheap. We've used it continuously for pre-installation site testing as cable and power not laid, or troubleshooting.

If you're interested, you can PM me, let me find some info for you.

Regards, Dove

Why go through the trouble? you can get a battery powered portable DVD that will take video in. Yes its smaller than 12" but it fits on one hand easily.

Why go through the trouble? you can get a battery powered portable DVD that will take video in. Yes its smaller than 12" but it fits on one hand easily.

Yeah, a good option.

I have been using a 7" TFT LCD car monitor with a 4AH gell cell that has a power pigtail w/fuse to test cameras and for customer viewing use a 25' plug & play cable. I use a 12 volt 500 ma un-regulated wall wort and a cigarette lighter adaptor for charging the battery. (This has been in use sucessfully for over 3 years) When practical and possible I like to focus using my 13" Panasonic monitor. (bigger picture better focus)...

right now im using a 10 inch portable dvd player but i also need power on the spot. even if i had to make a small briefcase type solution it would be fine because most of the time i am up on a ladder adjusting the camera so i can set it down on the top of the ladder. size isnt too much of a problem.