buellwinkle

2 1080P IR Bullets at Costco for 349

I sent the request for this feature through my channel. As for 940nm, there was someone here that posted a company in Utah selling 940nm illuminators, not that common. I wonder if it is a lesser attraction to spiders than 850nm.

They've been popping up on ebay lately, including ones with the standard E27 plug like a normal lightbulb uses. Search on 940 illuminator.

Many of them don't look weather proof, and being ebay, there's no telling about specs and quality, but they're showing up at least.

I've gotten burned buying these cheap ones before. They work great for a period of time and stop working. Anyone have experience with cheaper ones that work well? They have good ratings on Amazon.

I sent the request for this feature through my channel. As for 940nm, there was someone here that posted a company in Utah selling 940nm illuminators, not that common. I wonder if it is a lesser attraction to spiders than 850nm.

Excellent. Hopefully your channel will allow a higher chance of success than my e-mail messages. Has this channel worked in the past with successfully having a feature added to a firmware revision?

Just following up to see if there is any word on the firmware upgrade to turn off IR on these?

Just following up to see if there is any word on the firmware upgrade to turn off IR on these?

Excellent! I have just received word from the Senior Product Leader at HikVision USA that the firmware update to turn off IR will be added before the end of the year!

"first of all, thank you for your detailed feedback. We have had that feedback from other customers as well and we truly appreciate hearing the concerns about our products as well as what customer desire to see in our products. The concerns you raise are valid issues with integrated IR from both a performance and application standpoint. This upgrade has been in our roadmap and will be available in a firmware upgrade (v5.1) before the end of this year."

The beta version has been released on the US site. It has the ability to turn off IR. There's a thread on it now.

I was looking to buy some more of these cameras but did not see them on Costco's site. I did see these: http://www.costco.com/Swann-HD-1080p-SDI-Add-on-Bullet-Camera-2-pk.product.100082861.html

I wasn't sure if those are the same or not? I will be running these with Blue Iris software.

If these aren't the same/available, is there anything comparable in price/quality?

Thanks!

Right now the only decent deal on IP cams at Costco appears to be the Lorex eight channel DVR + six cam deal for $999.999. Depending on your sale tax situation that works out to about $175+ per cam with a "free" DVR and 2TB drive that if you don't need (I don't) you can probably flip for something and lower your per cam cost.

Thanks for the replies. I only need 2, possibly 3 cameras so a full NVR package probably wouldn't be an option. Too bad because I liked those cameras (and the price). I guess I could just get the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I since it is the same camera?

Habsfan: These are the camera's you want. I bought those exact ones.

http://www.costco.com/Swann-HD-1080p-NVR-IP-Add-on-Bullet-Camera-2-pk.product.100039914.html

what (low cost or free) vms software is compatible with this Swann camera (using ONVIF)?

Blue Iris works with these, and is $50 with no per-cam license fees. Xprotect Go is free for up to 8 cams and 5 days recording. I'm sure there are others.

Blue Iris is fine software but it can need a high-end processor once you start doing motion detection and recording with a dozen 2mp cameras. Does not Hikvision have a free camera management software offering?

I thought the cams were the same (mp capable) but limited by the NVR' s ability to record 2 vs 3. At least that's what Swann told me.

I thought the cams were the same (mp capable) but limited by the NVR' s ability to record 2 vs 3. At least that's what Swann told me.

Yes, these cameras would be limited by your NVR's capabilities...however...when using these cameras in "networked IP stand-alone mode" they run at either 1280x720 (1MP) or 1920x1080 (2MP) or 2048x1536 (3MP) resolutions (whichever resolution you have the camera configured for).

These cameras are re-branded Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I cameras. Previously, these cameras were advertised as "2 megapixel" units. However, it now appears that Costco is marketing them as "3 megapixel" units which means to me that they are shipping with an updated firmware.

A lot of us are using these cameras as stand-alone units (I run 8 + 3 additional cameras of another brand) which run over our local area networks and which are connected to our VMS software such as Blue Iris which is what I run.

Yes, these cameras would be limited by your NVR's capabilities...however...when using these cameras in "networked IP stand-alone mode" they run at either 1280x720 (1MP) or 1920x1080 (2MP) or 2048x1536 (3MP) resolutions (whichever resolution you have the camera configured for).

These cameras are re-branded Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I cameras. Previously, these cameras were advertised as "2 megapixel" units. However, it now appears that Costco is marketing them as "3 megapixel" units which means to me that they are shipping with an updated firmware.

A lot of us are using these cameras as stand-alone units (I run 8 + 3 additional cameras of another brand) which run over our local area networks and which are connected to our VMS software such as Blue Iris which is what I run.

That last $899 package from costco (NVR8-7200) can do 3MP. 2048x1536@15fps is in the drop down box.

Definitely: all of my Costco SWNHD-820CAM units shipped with this firmware...

Firmware Version V4.0.9 130419

Encoding Version V4.0 build 121228

Since then I've updated three (3) of these units with the following Hikvision Raptor firmware...

Firmware Version V5.1.0 build 131202

Encoding Version V5.0 build 131128

Howdy Q,

Do I understand correctly that updating my SWNHD-820CAM's to anything you list below would be of minimal or no value to me because I'm using them w/ the Swann NVR? And, it's the original NVR that records in 2MP at 30 fps. I'm thinking that for the many persons using these cams w/o the NVR - there may be more upside benefit to the upgrades?

I believe that my cams are capable of 3MP, but I'm limited in my application due to using the older 2MP NVR.

Thank you & I hope you're having a nice Sunday.

Jim

Definitely: all of my Costco SWNHD-820CAM units shipped with this firmware...

Firmware Version V4.0.9 130419

Encoding Version V4.0 build 121228

Since then I've updated three (3) of these units with the following Hikvision Raptor firmware...

Firmware Version V5.1.0 build 131202

Encoding Version V5.0 build 131128