buellwinkle

2 1080P IR Bullets at Costco for 349

I was not able to open the page, but I'll assume from the URL it's that 8 port 60W injector that a few people have mentioned. I'm guess you should be able to put 6 cameras on it as you'll reach the 60W limit before using all 8 ports with this camera. You do realize you'll need patch cables and a switch or were you planning to plug cameras directly into your router? It's better to just get a PoE switch, less entanglement of wires and one less outlet needed. I paid $107 for 16 port PoE switch with full power on each PoE port.

Yea it's the 8 port 48V 60W injector. I plan to plug 2 cameras right into my router. I am afraid 48V is too high? I heard some people mention this camera uses 12V.

I paid $107 for 16 port PoE switch with full power on each PoE port.

What poe switch did you buy?

I was not able to open the page, but I'll assume from the URL it's that 8 port 60W injector that a few people have mentioned. I'm guess you should be able to put 6 cameras on it as you'll reach the 60W limit before using all 8 ports with this camera. You do realize you'll need patch cables and a switch or were you planning to plug cameras directly into your router? It's better to just get a PoE switch, less entanglement of wires and one less outlet needed. I paid $107 for 16 port PoE switch with full power on each PoE port.

Yea it's the 8 port 48V 60W injector. I plan to plug 2 cameras right into my router. I am afraid 48V is too high? I heard some people mention this camera uses 12V.

Its fine

if your concerned here is the spec on POE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_over_Ethernet

Here is the part you are interested in

The original IEEE 802.3af-2003[2] PoE standard provides up to 15.4 W of DC power (minimum 44 V DC and 350 mA[3][4]) to each device.[5] Only 12.95 W is assured to be available at the powered device as some power is dissipated in the cable.[6]

So what is the conclusion of which one is better? Lorex or Swann?

What happen to Q-See IP camera that were selling as a pair?

What happen to Q-See IP camera that were selling as a pair?

The bullets are the same...however it appears the lorex domes have a better picture.

Zik..

Please qualify your suggestion that the Lorex domes "have a better picture". Are you comparing a bullet to a dome, or bull to bull? Day or night, IR or w/o IR, etc. How would you define "better" as you've use the term here?

Thank you,

Jim

The bullets are the same...however it appears the lorex domes have a better picture.

The Swann has better specs, don't know why, but can go to -4F where the Lorex bullet can only go down to 14F which eliminates half the country. The Hikvision branded version can natively do 3MP resolution and is the only one of the trio that is supported as a standalone camera (Swann and Lorex are only supported with their specific NVRs).

The Hik/Swann bullet sensor is listed as 1/2.5" on their web page, 1/3" on all the PDF files. I'm assuming the web page is the current spec, but haven't measured it yet.

Anybody have these working with an Avermedia NV6480 card. I tried the three Hikvision profiles and none of them worked. I also tried the URL and Username and Password and that didn't work either. As I research into this, I am realizing it is a bit more complex. But since we have quite a few analog cameras running through a beefy dell server, I would like to utilize the Avermedia NVR software if I can with these cameras until I can get all of the analog cameras replaced over the next 6 months or so.

If anybody has gotten this to work, please post here with the relevant information.

On a side note, playing with these through the web interface directly, we are very pleased for the price. They would be great little cameras for us if we can get them to work with the existing Avermedia kit.

Well we answered our own question after a little help from Avermedia. Switching the protocol in the Avermedia NVR software to RSTP and utilizing the http protocol with the right credentials allowed the camera to be picked up immediately. A little choppy, at least through the mobile applications, but we are still tweaking it and will post results here.

I have a Cisco DPC3825 Cable Modem/Wireless Router. I cannot do an ip address of 192.0.0.100 as shown on the pic of the menu. Is there software that can change the ip address of these 1080 IR Bullets to match my LAN parameters?

...Based on past experience: Hooked her up through my POE switch which is hooked to my router. My HFW 2100 has been humming on it without a miss for weeks. No IP address for the Swann on my router as has happened with all other ip cams I have tried. After all else shown below I called Swann. They said this cam does not have a default ip address and is set default to DHCP so my router should give it the ip address. I also tried a command prompt.....ipconfigure with nothing. Based on forum help: Next downloaded the iVMS4000 from HIK as Q described. When I fire up that program and go through the steps Q so thoroughly presented for finding the cam, it will not find the camera. Then I also tried the camera finder app. It also comes up blank for finding the camera....

Rick, change your IP4 config as follows...

IP Address: 192.0.0.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.0.0.1

(Don't worry about the DNS servers)

After reconfiguring your computer reboot it because why not waste some more time. Make certain that your computer and your Swan camera are plugginto the same router and that the camera is getting power. It takes the camera a few minutes to boot so be patient. Then start your broswer which will timeout and not be able to find your home page (this is normal when you change your IP address like you just did). Then enter 192.0.0.64 in your browser address bar and hit enter. Login with admin>12345 (if I remember right). Once you are logged in, change the IP address to a static address which matches your local area network scheme and save your changes. Then, change your computer's IP address back to the way it originally was. Then restart your broswer and browse to the static IP address your assigned to your camera. That should do it bro.

221485_1.png

I have a Cisco DPC3825 Cable Modem/Wireless Router. I cannot do an ip address of 192.0.0.100 as shown on the pic of the menu...

You don't change the address of your router, you change the IP address of your local computer.

Sorry.......my bad! Thanks.

I have a Cisco DPC3825 Cable Modem/Wireless Router. I cannot do an ip address of 192.0.0.100 as shown on the pic of the menu...

You don't change the address of your router, you change the IP address of your local computer.

Zik..

Please qualify your suggestion that the Lorex domes "have a better picture". Are you comparing a bullet to a dome, or bull to bull? Day or night, IR or w/o IR, etc. How would you define "better" as you've use the term here?

Thank you,

Jim

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36016

I have both and the nighttime picture is noticeably better with the Lorex Dome. I had to change the exposure time to 1/12 on the bullet to reduce the noise...but this resulted in overexposed day video. The one great thing about the bullets is the range of motion...but then you have the broomstick vandal issue with the bullet and not the dome.

What version firmware are you running on the bullet? I tested mine with a long maximum exposure in the daytime on V5.0.0, and it appeared to be the limit, not a fixed setting. That is, at 1/12 sec, I still had good exposure and no motion blur in the daytime, so it looked like it was changing to shorter exposures.

My Dahua 3MP bullet lets you set either a fixed exposure rate or a low/high range of exposures.

The Swann has better specs, don't know why, but can go to -4F where the Lorex bullet can only go down to 14F which eliminates half the country. The Hikvision branded version can natively do 3MP resolution and is the only one of the trio that is supported as a standalone camera (Swann and Lorex are only supported with their specific NVRs).

I am not going to use NVR. Can I plug into a Gigabit switch to my computer or Synology to do the recording and file storing?

I purchased the Lorex IP System and need additional cameras ..On another thread people were comparing the Swann & Lorex

Has anyone confirmed whether or not the Swann Cameras are compatible with the Lorex IP system?

Thanks

Wire Guy

I brought additional SWANN 820 Cameras and noticed the firmware on the new cameras are V4.0.9 130419 as opposed to V4.0.9 130106 which is the first 2 I brought.

I flashed my first 2 cameras without any problems but hesitating on the 2nd set since it has different firmware. HIKVISION ftp site only contains Firmware version V4.0.9 130106.

Has anyone tried flashing Firmware Version V.4.0.9 130419 to the HIKVISION firmware V4.0.9 130106?

Thanks,

Dave

My cams are all V4.0.9 130106 - 4 of them were purchased w/ the NVR and 2 I ordered 1.5+ months later. How would I assess what changes were included in the newer f/w, and whether or not it might be advantageous to flash?

MaxIcon - were you saying that w/ 1/12 sec exposure that you had a decent daytime exposure still, or that you set it there, but there was some auto shuttering still taking place?

Looks like Costco has stopped offering much in the Lorex brand as far as IP cameras go. They still have analog stuff but I do not see IP cameras or IP NVR packages with the Lorex brand.

That is today anyway.........................

My cams are all V4.0.9 130106 - 4 of them were purchased w/ the NVR and 2 I ordered 1.5+ months later. How would I assess what changes were included in the newer f/w, and whether or not it might be advantageous to flash?

Does anyone know how to unpack the Hik firmware files? You can unpack the Dahua files by renaming them to zip and ignoring the header error, but this doesn't work with the Hik. If you could extract the files, it would be easier to tell the difference.

That said, my guess is that the version - V4.0.9 - is the important part, and the date change indicates the customizations for the resellers (adding the Swann or Lorex name, whatever). Just a guess, though.

MaxIcon - were you saying that w/ 1/12 sec exposure that you had a decent daytime exposure still, or that you set it there, but there was some auto shuttering still taking place?

At 1/12 or 1/6 sec, auto exposure was still taking place. I tested this two ways - setting it at 1/6 in the day and seeing that the exposure didn't change, and walking in front of it to make sure there was no motion blur. If it were fixed at that setting, it definitely would have been washed out and blurred at walking speed.

I also set progressively shorter exposures to see what it was actually using, but didn't write down the speed it changed at. I think it was around 1/500 or so, though.

I'd like to see all these cams report the parameters on the web page - shutter speed, bandwidth, frame rate, etc.

MaxIcon wrote: "At 1/12 or 1/6 sec, auto exposure was still taking place. I tested this two ways - setting it at 1/6 in the day and seeing that the exposure didn't change, and walking in front of it to make sure there was no motion blur. If it were fixed at that setting, it definitely would have been washed out and blurred at walking speed.

I also set progressively shorter exposures to see what it was actually using, but didn't write down the speed it changed at. I think it was around 1/500 or so, though.

I'd like to see all these cams report the parameters on the web page - shutter speed, bandwidth, frame rate, etc."

Thank you MaxIcon. I set three of my cams to 1/12 last night, and it did seem to help w/ getting less motion recording. However, I also walked into the FOV of one cam - where it was fairly dark, and boy was the image (during replay) terrible! It was under IR conditions for sure, but I was just washed out to the point where if I didn't know it was "me", the image would have been fairly useless. I didn't have time to change the aper. back to 1/30 and repeat the test.