newbie2

New IP Cam / Costco System

Firmware for the NVR from Lorex has been released, version 2.2.3, fixing daylight savings time it says.

Firmware 2.3.7 from Hikvision has been released. Their firmware supports push notifications to the Android app. I haven't installed this yet.

This adds many changes below...

DS-7600 PoE NVR Release Notes

USA Baseline Firmware Version: v2.3.7 build140122

Live view and Playback

1. Changes the default live view stream in multi-screen mode to sub stream

2. Support auto adjust HDMI output at the best resolution to match the connected display

3. Add a snapshot button in the playback interface

4. If the SVC is enabled on connected IPC, NVR’s decoding ability decreases from 4-ch 720P to

3-ch 720P

5. Add more playback speed options: x16, x32, x64, x128, x256, x512

6. Support export the record files by tag

Network

1. Support pop out a hint window when HiDDNS is successfully registered

2. Add a “Get URL” button in the HiDDNS interface to show the HiDDNS url access to NVR

3. Modify the default RTSP port to 10554

4. The assigned IP information via DHCP is now displayed in the IP address bar after enable

DHCP and refresh the network configuration interface. (A refresh button is added in the

page)

IPC Management

1. The IPC added to NVR is synchronized in encoding parameter to main stream: 720P/1.3Mb,

and sub stream: 4CIF 512kb 12fps. Exception: For DS-7616NI-SE/P NVR, IPC’s sub stream is

synchronized to CIF

2. Support configure IPC’s image settings on NVR’s local menu or web, including Sharpness,

Gain, White Balance, Exposure, Day/Night Switch, Digital Noise Reduction, Backlight

Compensation, Smart IR, Video Standard, Mirror, EPTZ

3. Utilize the IPC management interface: reset, reboot and upgrade IPC in NVR’s local menu are

supported

4. Modify the IP channels’ encoding frame rate “25/30” to ”Full Frame”

Other

1. The configured auto lock time is now applied in live view mode too

2. Add an option to enable/disable the password protection in Main Menu->System

Configuration->General->Display

3. Support configure the double click speed

4. Fix a bug that may cause abnormal PoE IPC connection after importing NVR’s config file

5. Support display the password security rate while creating or modifying a certain user’s

password

a) When the password is less than 6 characters, it is rated as weak

b) When the password is between 6 and 11(6 and 11 are included) characters, if all the

characters are numbers: week. If input password includes number, lower case letter,

upper case letter, and symbol at the same time: Strong. Unless, the password is rated as fair

c) When the password is over 12 characters, if all the characters are numbers, then the

password is rates as fair, unless is strong

6. Support configure User’s bonding IP in NVR’s local menu

Web

1. Compatible to IE 11

2. Support alarm push notification to iVMS-4500

3. Support configure the bonding mac and IP address on the web

4. Support configure the IPC connection mode as manual or plug and play

5. Fix a bug that causes access to NVR via https fails

6. Support configure the VGA/HDMI output resolution on the web

7. Fix a bug that may cause modifying admin password on the web locks the NVR from remote

log-in

I advise against updating to 2.3.7, its very buggy and the high camera resolutions can't be selected in the NVR.

Manual cameras take for ever to show up. I'm reverting back to 2.3.4

I can't login via Chrome or Firefox either.

Can you update the swann cameras to this firmware?

Lorex/Swann are rebadged Hikvisions USA models and can use the firmware.

The NVRs can use the firmware too, but will require some password resets, as Hikvision's firmware update process is hokey.

Can you update the swann cameras to this firmware?

Lorex/Swann are rebadged Hikvisions USA models and can use the firmware.

The NVRs can use the firmware too, but will require some password resets, as Hikvision's firmware update process is hokey.

Where do you get these Hikvision firmwares from? Ive never updated my Swann (Costco model) with any other firmware, only Swann did it awhile back when I had some issues.

The cameras never been updated either.

I don't see this firmware on Hikvision's site.

Dixit

So the firmware can be obtained from here:

ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com/

user name: hikfirmware. Password Hikvision123

Is there a consensus whether these Swann cameras are the same as the 3MP ones with just updated firmware?

Any recommendation as to what the best video settings are- bit rate mostly?

So the firmware can be obtained from here:

ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com/

user name: hikfirmware. Password Hikvision123

Is there a consensus whether these Swann cameras are the same as the 3MP ones with just updated firmware?

Any recommendation as to what the best video settings are- bit rate mostly?

Same cameras, the reason for such a huge thread.

Best settings? Always depends. Look through this thread.

I was seriously thinking of purchasing the Swann NVR8 7200 3TB NVR kit with the 4 NHD 820 cameras but have now changed my mind. Swann customer service in Australia is absolute crap. I had some questions so I phoned the technical support number and after waiting for 30 + minutes got some Indian talking dude and the lingo barrier was shocking. He was useless to answer any questions and knew nothing about the product. The next day I phoned Swann head office in Melbourne and aksed to speak to the Sales Department and was told all unavailable so had to leave my name and phone number for a call back. Days went by and no phone call and this is even before I have bought the kit. No way if this is any indication of the crap support you get from Swann I surely won’t be buying their product now that’s for sure and suggest others don’t either.

Gazza,

I'm sorry you had such a disappointing experience. My experience over the past approximate eight or 10 years has been anything but like yours. I frequently promote Swann consumer products BECAUSE of their good support. Very rarely have I had to wait more than a few minutes on the phone, and many times they have offered to call me back. They ask me for a time during which I'd like to receive the call, and they often call very close to that specific time.

I've had excellent tech-support by phone, and also by remote connection to my computer. Just this past week I received a replacement IP camera because one of mine showed an anomaly during black-and-white that couldn't otherwise be explained. Before I knew it, it arrived in the mail, express.

Maybe you won't change your mind, but I've been a Swann user for many many years, and their support is one of the primary reasons I'm happy to purchase their products. If you want a real measure of terrible support, try calling Lorex!

There was a discussion somewhere about updating the NVR8-7200 firmware using Hikvision firmware. I have updated my cams to the newest Hikvision firmware but I am having troubles recording on the NVR8-7200 even when using 1080p resolution. I tried blue iris. I like the Hikvision software better. Blueiris is unable to use the cameras' motion detection, which is a pity.

Has anybody updated they Swann box to the Hikvision firmware and which one? TIA.

Found this page and site searching on Google. I have a Swann NVR8-7085. It came with 4 bullets and I have everything installed and working perfectly. I wanted to add 4 domes to the system but Swann only has PTZ domes, but since its for my house and a fixed dome is all I needed I opted out due to the cost. The tech on the phone with Swann told me any POE IP camera would work. So I ordered 2 Speco O2DP9 and two Speco ZIP2D's which are POE IP cameras. I was able to get them all set up on my PC with IP addresses, ping them and view them but they will not show up on the DVR. I called Swann's tech support and after a hour on the phone they said they couldn't help me. SO my question how do I get these to work, Im sure its just some setting. I tried setting the camera IP and port number in the NVR settings with no luck, restarts etc. I am figuring that I need to set the Speco camera to pretend its a SWANN camera? I have IP, subnet, gateway, dns1, dns2, mac address, web port and rtsp port options with the SPECO software. I'm just not familiar with this stuff enough to figure it out. Installing it all and wiring it was a cinch but I'm stumped. I figure it has to be doable since I can see them and ping them.

Thanks in advance, hope this isn't thread jacking since the same system topic and a old thread.

Hi All

Sorry to renew an older post.

I recently purchased the NVR8-7085 2 Camera system from CostCo and a number of NHD 806 Cameras.

Its seems the latest firmware of the NVR has bugs causing a solid black line showing on motion captured emailed events

That along with a camera Swann replaced from one that arrived dead on arrival - The replacement had a rattle inside, sounded like a metal screw inside the camera body.

I spoke to technical support and they said - "Have you plugged it in?' That along with other mid-leading troubleshooting from the swann engineers.

I think they need better training! That said, given them a little of the benefit of doubt, I managed to return this system and purchase the NVR8-7285 with the NHD 810 cameras. Fingers crossed