Anyone familiar with this firm and / or product.

They sent me a "complimentary card" for testing purposes. I cannot get it working properly, although some features work. I told them my results now they want the card sent back at my expense to AUSTRAILIA.

First of all, I put quite some time into testing

second, it isnt worth anything to me anyway

thirdly, why should I pay to send back a piece of junk they gave me

and FOURTH ....anything received within the US mail that was not ordered, does not have to be returned.

Is this a real firm, a scam.... the saleman said the card (8 cam) went for 90 us dollars (kinda speaks for itself) .... the manager of the company called me and told me they sold for 450.00 ... Compatibiiity issues change depending on who you talk to with the company.

I think they are attempting to intimidate me into buying this piece of crap.

Seems to me that most DVR cards have compatibility issues, I have one sitting here i cant get to work on 3 seperate PCs! The manufacturer's seem to say which parts to use. But whats the point, you cant use your PC and have to go out and buy an entirely new machine, may as well get a stand alone unless the card has something special ... then again it wont be that cheap if it did ... i know the one I have here is nothing special.

If you didnt ask for it, forget it! Hey, tell them send me some Cards, to the Bahamas But dont tell them we have no copyright laws here...! Im not going to send something back unless I bought it and it doesnt work. If I request something to test, I will pay for shipping, but then that has to be something more than a $100 price tag.

I know a little about the boards. Don't know if you want to see it working or not. Drop me an email if you do.

This company you are talking to buys from a Korean company called Tibet.

I don't know much about the company in AU, but good luck.

jason@saysecurity.com

Thanks for response.... I agree about the compatability issues ... The only card I have used so far with the least amount of problems is GeoVision.

The Viewmax people, after the fact told me it has to be a p4, asus board and ATI graphics...

Now GeoVision is by no means compatable with everything, particually AMD and SiS chips but does give one a little more flexability in designing a system.

BrevardCam

www.brevardsecurity.com

Check out the I-VIEW line of DVR cards, much more stable than GEOCRAP.

already have a member here who purchased one, and after he's done testing, he can tell you how the cards perform.

http://www.i-viewusa.com

whats a joke, the web site or the demo? Do yah mean the taiwanese simpsons in the demo

Actually it is clear video for compressed network video. I dont use it but have seen it before I knew Herm even sold the product. Their embedded XP systems have some great specs and look professional too. Looks good ... IE demo installs way quicker/easier than GEO for sure .. just as basic as GEO, but hey, its an IE active X, what else do you expect ...

I couldnt believe someone is actually pushing that piece of ****. To intentionally invite to their website and demo is basically suicide for the product. ... still pushing the simpsons and janpanese comics.

Had I known, it would have been funny. Seriously looking for information, just pisses me off.

Thanks for getting back to me with your outlook and info.,... Think I will back up and as all if they have found anything bettter than geovision....although satisfied with their products, after 4 years i hate to have only on capture egg in my basket.

I couldnt believe someone is actually pushing that piece of ****. To intentionally invite to their website and demo is basically suicide for the product. ... still pushing the simpsons and janpanese comics.

Had I known, it would have been funny. Seriously looking for information, just pisses me off.

I see many demo's showing video. I am sure it is to demonstrate frame rates. I don't see how showing cartoons is any worse then any other video source. Maybe cartoons were picked because it is a safe bet nothing too objectionable will be seen?

Overall the site seemed to have all the regular info someone would be looking for while researching the product.

I see many demo's showing video. I am sure it is to demonstrate frame rates. I don't see how showing cartoons is any worse then any other video source. Maybe cartoons were picked because it is a safe bet nothing too objectionable will be seen?

Overall the site seemed to have all the regular info someone would be looking for while researching the product.

I think that is Anime (?) the Asian cartoon stuff, something like a hit in those areas I tinks ... like how we watch the simpsons (do we anymore?) or southpark (does I?) ...

Jesus christ. The reason that they have those TV DEMOS is so that people can see in realtime what to expect in viewable fps rate, and the color quality of the picture, you have never been to their offices to really know if their logo is aqua green, but you damm sure as hell know that bart's head is yellow. First of all, don't call a product that you have actually never known or used a piece of SH*T. There is a couple of people here who have gotten the system that can tell you otherwise, so if you don't agree with something the way that is being shown, there are better and more proffesional ways to say it. That's why you test different systems before deciding what to use.

I have tested and I can prove it, over 130 different DVR's, anywhere from stand alones, and DVR cards, and while I view may not be the best of the best, for the price and level of support that they give you, they sure as hell are one of the best overall that I have tested.

There is a couple of people here who have gotten the system that can tell you otherwise, so if you don't agree with something the way that is being shown, there are better and more proffesional ways to say it.

I thought crap and sh*t were the same thing. I have recalled on numerous occasions your choice of words for Geovision and others.

I also think that there are more than "a couple of people" here that use Geovision systems that can tell you otherwise.

Come on Hermin, lets be fair here.

I have also checked out that demo and quite honestly was not impressed.(politically correct answer)

I'm sure I will be on Hermins crap list now! Oh well.

You guys....

I remember ISC East Show this november... Talk about professionalism - there was a company based in NY (cant remember the name), selling usual staff like DVR, cameras, etc. So anyways - this two guys walk around the floor promoting their products with the "Hooters" looking broad in a tiny tank top! I was lathing so hard they got embarrassed and left.

I mean c'mon! This is like the biggest show of the year and they bring that to the table What a bunch of loosers.