Marcusl

Looking for card/software.

Hello,

I am looking at integrating access control and a dvr card into the same system. We have been using Kodicom DVRs and with that software you can't minimize it and use it for anything else. You actually have to shutdown the software with the (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F4). I am looking for either a different software to use with those type of cards that can minimize or a completely different brand of card and software that can minimize and continue recording. I would prefer a card that can do 120fps or more. If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Marcus

You can minimize the Geovision software and let it run in the background while you use the pc for something else. It's not recommended though. A GV800 card should suit you

The I-VIEW card does exactly what you want.

PM me your e-mail and I'll send you more information.

Hello,

I am looking at integrating access control and a dvr card into the same system. We have been using Kodicom DVRs and with that software you can't minimize it and use it for anything else. You actually have to shutdown the software with the (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F4). I am looking for either a different software to use with those type of cards that can minimize or a completely different brand of card and software that can minimize and continue recording. I would prefer a card that can do 120fps or more. If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Marcus

Video Catcher Elite series allows you to scale down the video window, so you can monitor and do another task the same time.

Video Catcher High Speed 400 series allows you to minimize and run at background.

http://www.vcrinc.com/Products/VC/VideoCatcher.htm

Marcus

The only dvr software that runs in the back ground is geovision, however, if you are running XP OS right click the task bar, go to properties and select quick launch desk top, then by pressing the windows key on your keyboard the desk top will appear, had the same problem with the DVS cards, I sell both Geo and DVS, much of a muchness, I prefer the geo my self, my customers find it easier to use, you can customise both GUI's if you know where to look, mail me if you need help cctv@cctvshack.com www.cctvshack.com

Regards

Rich

Marcus

The only dvr software that runs in the back ground is geovision

Are you sure ??

Marcus

The only dvr software that runs in the back ground is geovision, however, if you are running XP OS right click the task bar, go to properties and select quick launch desk top, then by pressing the windows key on your keyboard the desk top will appear, had the same problem with the DVS cards, I sell both Geo and DVS, much of a muchness, I prefer the geo my self, my customers find it easier to use, you can customise both GUI's if you know where to look, mail me if you need help cctv@cctvshack.com www.cctvshack.com

Regards

Rich

Are you out your mind?

You have really not heard of I-VIEW.

Look in the posts and see what I mean.

Hermin

Marcus

Regards

Rich

Not really

Are you out your mind?

You have really not heard of I-VIEW.

Look in the posts and see what I mean.

Hermin

Hey Hermin keep your pants on and no I am not out of my mind, the guy wanted to minimize the dvr program, right, thats what his question was, I compared geovision and then gave the real advice, which was to launch quick view in windows xp to bring up the desktop, and yes I have heard of I-View, lets all do this together, go ahead and search i-view on the www ......

oh my life, its bloody geovision.

Now Hermin next time you open your mouth engage your brain first, most people on this forum come here for help, I come to give help, I have 18 years in the industry and over 5 years playing around with dvr cards for the pc, I will make my answers more direct in the future.

Oh no He didn't

Let's see why I should just make an example out of you,

first, here is what the guy posted:

...I am looking for either a different software to use with those type of cards that can minimize or a completely different brand of card and software that can minimize and continue recording. I would prefer a card that can do 120fps or more. If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Marcus

Ok, now let's see what YOU[ said:

Marcus

The only dvr software that runs in the back ground is geovision

Now, if you have 15 years of industry experience, then YOU should be the first one to know that GEO is not the only one DVR card Maker that can "minimize" in a PC. There is over 200 DVR manufacturers, so why the hell do you think that GEO is the only one?

I mean, you know the saying, a picture is worth a 1000 words.............

i-view Witness Card ..

So, next time you decide to say something as a fact, make sure you know what you are saying, because other than GEO and I-VIEW, I can name at least 20 other cards that minimize.

So, who needs to shut their mouth and engage the brain first? [/b]

cctvshack,

I just looked at your website, nicely done. Apparently you must sell a plethora of PC based geovision DVR's. Especially with those prices.

Let me ask you this..... Why do you sell your systems so cheap? I know what a system cost to build, and it is obvious that you make very little off of the actual system. We couldn't make our overhead at those prices, nor would I bother to sell at that type of margin. Amazes me really. I would imagine that you bank of the fact that people will buy options at a realistic margin?

This is just another example of the price inconsistencys that we see with geovision products. Unless a person chooses to operate their business out of their home, I don't see any value in Geovision anymore. Geovision does not protect their market by dictating an MSRP that their distribution channels must abide by, absolutely zero protection. This takes the phrase "Professional DVR" away from their products in my opinion, especially now that a 14 year old can run an online store out of his parents home selling their products. Shame really....**s the market for businesses who can offer service and support versus a kid selling a cheap PC where he stuck a card in and then disappears. Im surprised Geovision has lasted this long.

Not to bash you cctvshack, but if you have been in the industry as long as you say you have then you know the end results with products like these.

I wouldn't get out of bed to build a DVR for a customer knowing that I was only going to make a couple hundred bucks, unless I was moving 1200 units a month. Just my opinion, nothing personal.

scottj

Just to nitpick, but MSRP's are not enforcable. I can not require a dealer to sell at a set price. Nor can Geovision. If someone wants to try to get by on a 10% markup then it's their right. If I attempt to retailate punitively (reducing thier discount, ect) then I would be invoilation of price fixing laws.

cctvshack,

Scottj

Its like this buddy, unless I compete with everybody else I dont eat, and your not wrong, why get out of bed, well you have to earn a living, is this a gripe because you can't make any money at this, if so I don't blame you, that's life and it will get worse and harder to compete, just think walmart

I just looked at your website, nicely done. Apparently you must sell a plethora of PC based geovision DVR's. Especially with those prices.

Let me ask you this..... Why do you sell your systems so cheap? I know what a system cost to build, and it is obvious that you make very little off of the actual system. We couldn't make our overhead at those prices, nor would I bother to sell at that type of margin. Amazes me really. I would imagine that you bank of the fact that people will buy options at a realistic margin?

This is just another example of the price inconsistencys that we see with geovision products. Unless a person chooses to operate their business out of their home, I don't see any value in Geovision anymore. Geovision does not protect their market by dictating an MSRP that their distribution channels must abide by, absolutely zero protection. This takes the phrase "Professional DVR" away from their products in my opinion, especially now that a 14 year old can run an online store out of his parents home selling their products. Shame really....**s the market for businesses who can offer service and support versus a kid selling a cheap PC where he stuck a card in and then disappears. Im surprised Geovision has lasted this long.

Not to bash you cctvshack, but if you have been in the industry as long as you say you have then you know the end results with products like these.

I wouldn't get out of bed to build a DVR for a customer knowing that I was only going to make a couple hundred bucks, unless I was moving 1200 units a month. Just my opinion, nothing personal.

scottj

I agree to an extent with thomas, a distributor and manufacturer cannot tell the dealer what to charge for a product.

but the actual pricing should have a certain area, like for example, let' say the I-view, end user price for the 8 channel card is around 550-600. If dealer 1 has it for $539.99, and Dealer 2 has it for $579.99, then just go with obviously the cheapest one, but, then we have Dealer 3, and he has it for $399.99, then we have a problem, because what that does is to lower the market value of the product.

You are correct, MSRP is not enforcable, but they can be "recommended" as a means to determine market value of a product.

And yes I am aware that Geovision cannot tell a dealer what to sell their products for. All I am attempting to explain is that the market for a geovision product has way too much variance. The guy selling a DVR with a geovision board for a 10% margin ruins the market for the product across the board for other businesses who carry the same type of system.

Just to nitpick, but MSRP's are not enforcable. I can not require a dealer to sell at a set price. Nor can Geovision. If someone wants to try to get by on a 10% markup then it's their right. If I attempt to retailate punitively (reducing thier discount, ect) then I would be invoilation of price fixing laws.

But you can enforce MAP (minimum advertised pricing).

I agree to an extent with thomas, a distributor and manufacturer cannot tell the dealer what to charge for a product.

but the actual pricing should have a certain area, like for example, let' say the I-view, end user price for the 8 channel card is around 550-600. If dealer 1 has it for $539.99, and Dealer 2 has it for $579.99, then just go with obviously the cheapest one, but, then we have Dealer 3, and he has it for $399.99, then we have a problem, because what that does is to lower the market value of the product.

cctvshack is Dealer 3.

Only on the card and software. Once a dealer puts it in a machine, I can't enforce what he says the price is. Now I can do my best to discourage that practice but the tools I have to do it are extremely limited. I'm not saying that Geovision's practices are good for the industry, or good for installers. I'm not saying I approve of their bussiness practices. I'm simply pointing out that the options to actully do anything about it are limited.

Only on the card and software. Once a dealer puts it in a machine, I can't enforce what he says the price is. Now I can do my best to discourage that practice but the tools I have to do it are extremely limited. I'm not saying that Geovision's practices are good for the industry, or good for installers. I'm not saying I approve of their bussiness practices. I'm simply pointing out that the options to actully do anything about it are limited.

But I think that it is the cards we are talking about.

cctvshack is Dealer 3.

man im not even on that list, im in the $800 range, since i pay overseas shipping plus customs taxes ... ooopz can yah say tird wurld

Hi Rory

You have a very good point and I am on your side, I tried for years to sell at indicated prices only to find that every body else were selling direct to the public at dealer prices, so what do you do when you have $$$$$ of stock and no one is buying at your price, you match what every one else is selling at, oh and by the way I am not the cheapest, my prices are dealer prices eg: gv600 4 retail is $305.00 you cant sell them at that price so we sell at dealer leve $235.00 or so, long before my prices dropped other sites were selling at dealer prices, you need to check and see other site pricing before calling me dealer 3, no harm done though, I have to make a living and you guys dont pay my mortgage.

Remember, I did not start the price war, I just tried to survive. If you guys are dealers and want better pricing you only have to ask me, give me a shout. cctv@ccvtshack.com

cctvshack is Dealer 3.

man im not even on that list, im in the $800 range, since i pay overseas shipping plus customs taxes ... ooopz can yah say tird wurld