Hi thewireguys, greeting to you.

Do you want to consider to use StarDot MegaPixel Camera?

See StarDot Camera Setup looking across the road. You can see the lighting condition at the site.

See StarDot Image Quality in night time

Hope this is useful for you.

Cheers,

Jack

1005760299_StarDotImageQualityinnighttime.jpg.7d92d5d40c84cf8f6960569f98c8094d.jpg

1001333749_StarDotCameraSetuplookingacrosstheroad.jpg.65fe86dc858994ab483f1c91ae190958.jpg

I just got a Acti KCM-3911 in for testing and I am disappointed. If you have any sky or sun in the FOV everything is washed out. Also they only have 3 motion detection windows which are useless for objects that are far away. Sensitivity is set to 95 and threshold is set to 1 and I am missing lots of motion events plus at night time it records constantly because of all the noise. Night time performance is not so good too not that I expected it to be.

Try changing AE level in settings, just look at this video, lots of sky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvYYsg3-mH8

Its not bad right? It was disaster on default settings.

No thanks on the stardot cameras.

Overall I am just not that impressed with the Acti camera. The main issue is the motion windows, there is only three of them and they just suck at picking up objects far away and the camera record all night long because of the noise.....

The Mobotix Q24 is much better camera.

If you can get it to do more than 10 fps. Maybe I had a defective unit, but even with Mobotix training/support, this camera just would not perform as needed in the lighting condition and minimum fps required.

Well the ACTI camera says 4MP but it only outputs 1080P and the night time image is extremely noisy.

The Q24 is a full 3MP image and your right it can't do 12FPS at full res but I don't need 12FPS for overview cameras. And I would rather have 2 really good image then 12 crappy images.

No thanks on the stardot cameras.

Overall I am just not that impressed with the Acti camera. The main issue is the motion windows, there is only three of them and they just suck at picking up objects far away and the camera record all night long because of the noise.....

You can set motion windows to ignore noise, try using this chart:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6833159/motion.jpg

and "activity graph" on camera setup when you set motion windows.

Also, you can use CGI commands and schedule to set different motion sensitivity at night and at day.

I have sensitivity set to 2 and threshold set to 95 and it still misses objects daytime and records all night long.

Hmmm.... I never had problems with motion on ACTi, strange. You should try sending screens of your motion setup and activity graph to support. I will make some tests on that KCM-3911.