G22

Donglin Along...

Oh my, my GEO dongle is on its way! I cannot wait to get my ding dongle!

Damn. Don't you be have to match the S/N with the dongle thing though, or is that just BS and it is a generic dongle for all GEO cards?

Damn our distrubutor says Geo havent sent them the dongles yet and they on backorder we have several out we wanted to get

version 7 is not what it is all advertised and "hyped up" to be. Most of the features are ones about 3% of the end users will ever utilize. The dongle is pathetic. Just adds the "cheap" feel to a system already sponsored by Crayola.

I'm happy we are disposing of it to be perfectly honest.

One of my card vendors said I would have to send them the cards to match them up with a dongle, the other said that it would have to match it to serial number.

I can believe that I was lied to about it all, given that it would be such a pain in the a$$ to dongle an upgrade like that.

Oh well. Thanks for the honest info.

-WC-

message me who your vendor is for geo cards. I like knowing who is full of s**t....haha

Makes for great conversation when I see them at ISC and ASIS shows.

scottj

well, I-VIEW doesn't do that..................................

I had to be sarcastic

LOL

You can take it off if you want. Change it to whatever you want.

version 7 is not what it is all advertised and "hyped up" to be. Most of the features are ones about 3% of the end users will ever utilize. The dongle is pathetic. Just adds the "cheap" feel to a system already sponsored by Crayola.

I'm happy we are disposing of it to be perfectly honest.

I'd have to disagree that a dongle make a software package look "cheap." In fact, most of the really expensive niche software packages like this use dongles to prevent piracy. Using a dongle is just about the best way to assure that your software is not being use illegally. Granted you can get around a dongle authentication key, but it does take a lot of work and most people aren't willing to put that much time and money into cracking them.

Lets see, Microsoft, Adobe, Nortons ..... non of them use Dongles. Dongles are just a lame attempt to protect software.

I'd have to disagree that a dongle make a software package look "cheap." In fact, most of the really expensive niche software packages like this use dongles to prevent piracy. Using a dongle is just about the best way to assure that your software is not being use illegally. Granted you can get around a dongle authentication key, but it does take a lot of work and most people aren't willing to put that much time and money into cracking them.

What happens when someone steals the dongle from a DVR? I can tell you now that our customers will not accept the downtime (sending board numbers to Geo for a replacement, etc). Cracking a dongle actualy does not take much effort nor money. Rumor has it that there are "people" that have already done this.

scottj

Well I-View finally got rid of the Bart Simpson with the cape in their newest version of FreeWare Pro. Here is a sneak preview of the latest logo. I think Herm designed this....I will let Rory post it for me...

scottj

Looks good. Can you change anything in the menus as well such as fonts, typos, etc.? Every time I see Times New Roman font, typos, grammar errs, etc. I wanna vomit.

no need to, their fonts are all standard MS Sans Serif .. and no typos, all in Glish ..

Edited by Guest

Hmmm .... see email ..

Anywayz, I just wish Iview had a disk map for search and playback locally .. thats their real downfall ... search and playback with ease is very very important. Even Eclipse has it and its soo simple to drag and drop the mouse to the time or video you want to playback .. also loop out for multiple monitors ... etc ..