Adam Daley

GeoVision Fisheye Camera - Video

So the Geo the $550 plus a computer for recording. Mobotix has that all built into the camera.

And what will happen if Mobotix is stolen ?

Same thing that will happen if the computer is stolen

But Mobotix has some tricks so to prevent you form losing your video " title="Applause" />

Much easier to steal camera outside then computer inside

Rory your pricing on the Mobotix is incorrect see here>>>> http://www.mobotix.com/eng_US/Products/Cameras/Hemispheric-Q24?tab=25957#tab

So the Geo the $550 plus a computer for recording. Mobotix has that all built into the camera.

Also yes GEO has (built in mic and audio) but it is not VOIP. I have a VOIP video phone on my desk can direct connect to the camera and have a full duplex conversion with the person and see them on the display.

VOIP = Voice over IP, simple, so yes the Geo is literally VOIP. Not SIP but still VOIP.

Actually that is a $30,000 fine here, so wow cant sell either of them LOL.

So yeah that feature doesnt even interest me.

that price they list is dealer price buddy. Even so the prices I am seeing at distributors is $1000.

either way at the same level I can get the Geo for $275, that is expensive as it is, but a heck lot cheaper than the mobotix. And sure, 8GB storage onboard compared to say 500GB storage on a PC? Most interested probably already have Geo so its no charge. If not, $250 for PC and $50 for their software and then can always add more cameras.

Not saying I would buy it though.

Someone come out with a $100 indoor one and a $200 outdoor day night one, that works with ANY DVR or NVR .. im all over them

Why are you guys even arguing about this? Its another fisheye camera that you can buy/sell your clients. Just like you have hundreds of domes to choose from, now you have more fisheyes. It may not be the best but for my money you can be damn sure i'll be pushing them. Since i push strickly geovision products this is a great item to sell to my clients who use geovision systems. This will be GREAT for jewlery stores that need a lot of coverage. Put a few of these up in addition to the domes they use and they got even more coverage. Its great for entrance ways also, you can follow someone as they enter the whole area and not lose them

not arguing just giving opinions and debating this and that

I forgot to ask, does Geo let you zoom it and if so how is it?

It says its a 4 megapixel right so should be okay for some zoom?

Now im wondering .. how about a housing for that?

Axis sued Vivotek and won because of the camera design.

Vivotek used to have a camera that looked just like this.

5eb9aefe01651e318ea0032800700bba-1.jpg

whoops

GVMFD110-1.jpg

Why are you guys even arguing about this? Its another fisheye camera that you can buy/sell your clients. Just like you have hundreds of domes to choose from, now you have more fisheyes. It may not be the best but for my money you can be damn sure i'll be pushing them. Since i push strickly geovision products this is a great item to sell to my clients who use geovision systems. This will be GREAT for jewlery stores that need a lot of coverage. Put a few of these up in addition to the domes they use and they got even more coverage. Its great for entrance ways also, you can follow someone as they enter the whole area and not lose them

We do this all the time.

How do you like the total Geovision solution? What limitations have you run into sticking with a closed solution?

I actually havnt run into any issues really. The only real issue is lac of macintosh support and a wide variety of support across cell phones.... other then that none really. The hardest part we face i guess is getting customers to login to their DVRs and enabling the active X controls.

GeoVision CAN be a bit of a pain to get all the activex installed the first time. after you login and allow active x you have to log back in, then install them, then log back in, then finally run it, then on to the next option (like view log or single cam view)... it can be a pain in the but...

otherwise no issues, they make a lot of accessories we use. i wish they had more PTZ support, i have a few clients with some very old Bosch style PTZs but other then that, so far no big issues. they need to tweak their auth server program, we've had a few issues with it staying stable, it tends to crash

Thats why Im like if one has to install a bunch of activeX might as well just place a link there to click to download and install the EXE and run it outside of the browser.

Ohh??? Do tell rory... did you write something or does geovision have some install file? Id love something where i can install all 8.3 driers or 8.4 drivers... some clients use different versions and id rather send them their exact version. A simple exe to install all that will save me time/headaches

I would not be surprised if Mobotix would sue them. Axis sued Vivotek and won because of the camera design.

Thats really funny since I'm 99% sure that Axis doesn't even make that particular camera.

Thats really funny since I'm 99% sure that Axis doesn't even make that particular camera.

Whether a company chooses to produce a certain product is not the basis for who owns the IP (patents, etc) for a product.

Best,

Christopher

Well in the case of 8.32 i had the SDK as it was available on the web, and that contained everything in a folder including its own setup.exe to register everything and it creates its own folders. Before I came across the SDK I just made it by checking the dependencies, I throw everything into the system 32 folder basically. In fact I dont use 8.32's activeX anyway for my software, I went back to 7.0's which works for at least up to 8.3xx, and its much lighter and faster than the 8.3xx activeX controls. If you will be using Internet Explorer though the files have to go into their default folder locations, which is generally sub folders under System32. Personally I run my software now with the dependencies in the app's path but its just for testing for now.

I used Inno Setup to make a single EXE.

http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

Here is the script as an example, where a sub folder called GeoOCX contained all the files.

http://www.BahamasSecurity.com/8320.iss (opens with notepad but need Inno to compile it)