jsimon

GEO 6.1 SOFTWARE WORKING WITHOUT S1 CHIP

I HAVE A FRIEND THAT TODAY GAVE ME A 6.1 GEO VERSION DISK, THAT WORK WITHOUT THE S1 CHIP. DO ANYONE KNOWS IF GEOVISION RELEASE THIS VERSION OR IS CRACKED? IT LOOKS LIKE AN ORIGINAL CD, NO DIFERENCE AT ALL, AND I JUST TRIED TO CHECK IT AND IT WORKS, HAS THE EMAP, AND OTHER FEATURES OF THE 6.1 BUT IT FEELS LIKE SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE MACHINE KEYBOARD, IT DOESN'T WRITES WELL, SO I REPLACED FOR A NEW ONE, AND STILL HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, SO THIS MAY BE A BUG.

What he gave me today was the software, and it does work with the originals geovision boards that i have without the s1 chips, the old ones. Maybe they just crack the software, and disable the function of check for s1 chip.

Perhaps, I havent used GEO yet. Are they buying from Miami? You say you are in Costa Rica .. Im in da bahamas .. I stopped buying from Miami for too many reasons I cant name here .. Now i am buying my cameras and DVRs from the manufacturers and reps, up north, even with UPS or other shipping, works out cheaper, and better support.

would it work in any other card other than geo? Maybe a OEM card that has no software?

Been out of it for a while. Anyway, I have a Geovision GV600 v3 hardware card that I'm running Geovision version 6050 with.

My question is. Do I just need the dongle in order to run version 7.x? Or do I also need the S1 chip I keep hearing about?

I contacted the company I bought the card from and they said they could send me the dongle for $5.00 in shipping charges.

Thanks

Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true

Jerry lee lewis was the devil

Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world

So there was only one thing that I could do

Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

The Land of Rape and Honey....best album Ministry ever did by far.

god Im getting old......

scottj

How does one go from being a songwriter for Ministry, to the CCTV business? Just a little curious...Life works in mysterious ways.

scottj

I'm still a songwriter (among many other things). I just happen to like surveillance equipment as well. When Ministry shot one of their videos a while back, they asked me if they could use some of my surveillance shots in the video.

I've always been into both songwriting and surveillance. The two kinda go hand in hand.

Thats interesting.. I can vouch for that, I am the same...

As for dongle... Dongle=S1 Chip in some cases.. if you have working 6.1 without S1 it is possible you already had the chip or you have the One Beta copy that did work with 6.1 without dongle.. simply try recording in JPEG then use webviewer to look at logs, if it wont work, you have the Beta as this was a bug.

Clones are possible..always a good sign of a good product once it's cloned...PS everyone seen the Bosch Clones coming out now!

what they cloning ...? Light bulbs

edit: whoops my bad thats GE isnt it

ok, so plasmas?

i know a company over there, china or taiwan cant remember off hand, their cameras look just like the Dinions, but they've been around from the Phillips days ..

Sunnel thats the ones ... was emailing me back and forth for a while, and guess what else, the cotact's name is phillips or all things!! LOL